People say Conor has never fought a wrestler, but Aldo...

Conor has wrestling as well.

mr-t-lol.gif

Hominick
Edgar
Mendes
Swanson

All better strikers at this point than McGregor.

That is the first thing I thought of.
Frankie has some of the best boxing in MMA.

He definitely has some of the best footwork in MMA, solid counters, good combos but he gets clipped quite frequently to say he has the best boxing.

Off topic it seems weird but I loved the DC, FE, GM combo tonight, Gil kind of being the odd man out at times but I think overall they had some good chemistry there for commentating.

Maybe after Frankie or DC retires they can take Joe's spot for color or just in their spare time...

BTW....on the topic of wrestlers....guess you can see tonight why Conor hasn't fought any yet...easily taken down twice.

If you call 'made him touch the mat with something other than the soles of his feet' a takedown, sure. But between those two takedowns McGregor was down for what, five seconds? And controlled for two seconds or less?

I do want to see him fight an elite wrestler, and I think that would have happened on his way up the ladder if his schedule weren't being specially managed. But he didn't show any serious vulnerability to wrestling tonight.

Aldo didn't have to fight an elite wrestler to get that belt. And neither Mendes nor Korean Zombie had to fight an elite wrestler to challenge for that belt. why should Conor?

Aldo fought an elite wrestler FOR the belt. Mike Brown was a high level wrestler with good basic boxing when he was champ.
When Aldo first started defending, i believe that division was still establishing itself and didn't have as many proven elite fighters; also, this may have been before many 155s started moving down.

Yah....but Aldo has actually fought top comp and past champs/contenders.

BTW....on the topic of wrestlers....guess you can see tonight why Conor hasn't fought any yet...easily taken down twice.

easily got up twice.

KZ is a grappler now?
Hominick was a striker. And a less than 100% Aldo beat him bad

Look up an old WEC fight Aldo vs Perez. Perez was a striker.

I didnt know that Edgar is a wrestler either.

Back