People say Conor has never fought a wrestler, but Aldo...

Frankie Edgar is a tremendous striker.

Very shortsighted to pretend he is just a wrestler.

Point taken, but when Anderson was losing to dudes in PRIDE and getting DQ'ed in Rumble on the Rock, Rich Franklin was the #1 MW in the world (the timelines don't perfectly match up but you get the sentiment).
Rich wasn't regarded as the #1 MW when he was champion though (Dan Henderson was for defeating Murilo Bustamante, the UFC MW champion who up and left to fight in Japan for more money).
He also had a grand total of 2 defenses.

Jon Jones has never fought a jj black belt off his back until then he's all hype!

Most of KZ's wins are submissions.

And don't cite fights from years ago. Aldo was an exceptional fighter but he's gotten slow and predictable. Conor is the new breed and will bless him with a right hand to make him go down.

lmfao

The Jesters fans are just as funny as the jester himself.

I don't think Connor wins the 1st Aldo bout. But this guy has undeniable skills and he's young. He can still improve a lot, and learn a lot from experience. This guy has championship potential.

A Wrestler/Striker is a lot different than fighting a top striker. We've seen countless times where a wrestler out strikes a striker because the fear of the takedown forces the striker to keep his hands low. We haven't seen Conor take on a guy like this yet.

Has never fought a striker like Conor McGregor.

All of Aldo's wins in the UFC have been primarily guys not known for their standup, and the fights have been close.

Mendes - wrestler who tagged Aldo multiple times
Lamas - grappler
KZ - grappler who was keeping up with Aldo
Edgar - wrestler who arguably won the fight
Florian - jack of all trades

I could have sworn KZ had a winning pro kickboxing record and a black belt in Tae Kwon Do.

Rich wasn't regarded as the #1 MW when he was champion though (Dan Henderson was for defeating Murilo Bustamante, the UFC MW champion who up and left to fight in Japan for more money).
He also had a grand total of 2 defenses.

Literally pointed that out in the post bro. My point was a greater overall thing.

Aldo didn't have to fight an elite wrestler to get that belt. And neither Mendes nor Korean Zombie had to fight an elite wrestler to challenge for that belt. why should Conor?

Literally pointed that out in the post bro. My point was a greater overall thing.

Anyone claiming there was a consensus #1 MW at that point in time probably wasn't watching back then.

Has never fought a striker like Conor McGregor.

All of Aldo's wins in the UFC have been primarily guys not known for their standup, and the fights have been close.

Mendes - wrestler who tagged Aldo multiple times
Lamas - grappler
KZ - grappler who was keeping up with Aldo
Edgar - wrestler who arguably won the fight
Florian - jack of all trades

Edgar didn't win shit. Bendo also kicked his ass twice.

Edgar and Connor nuthuggers are worst than Shogun fans

Point taken, but when Anderson was losing to dudes in PRIDE and getting DQ'ed in Rumble on the Rock, Rich Franklin was the #1 MW in the world (the timelines don't perfectly match up but you get the sentiment).

Not really the two don't even match up.. Aldo is a complete fighter and he only has to worry about Conor's striking ability. Which I might add that Jose is very good at striking himself.

Not really the two don't even match up.. Aldo is a complete fighter and he only has to worry about Conor's striking ability. Which I might add that Jose is very good at striking himself.

Conor has wrestling as well.

Yeah Jose never fought guys like Frankie, Hominick, Cub, Florian, and KZ.

Go ahead and start pretending those guys weren't strikers. Terrrible thread.

KZ had decent BJJ but has won a majority of his fights by beating the fuck out of people standing before getting a sub, if he even gets one.

Frankie is a striker, I have no idea how you can call him a wrestler. Yes he wrestles, but in the majority of his fights he uses his great footwork to out strike people. He merely uses his wrestling as a weapon to improve his stand up, or use it when he can't get the better of the stand up.

Cub is literally the exact definition of a striker.

Florian is another guy who uses his striking as his primary weapon, but also had decent BJJ when he needs to use it.

Please stop.

And it's stupid to say "they're not like Conor" because nobody is like anybody in this sport. People have their own strengths and weaknesses in every aspect of the game. Conor might have power, while Frankie has great footwork. It's apples and oranges because each guy has their own style.

Ridiculous thread.

Mark Hominick

The low points at the end of his career make people forget that hominick had very, very good striking. Conor fans don't seem to remember beyond two years ago though.

Back