People said barao would've walked through Cruz pre-injury...

ajmonsta

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Seriously, does anyone think that now? I think most of it was some people don't know how good Cruz was before the injury. Dude has the best footwork, head movement, and boxing in the division but after bring out so long people kind of forgot how good he was.

If Cruz comes back and is remotely close to his old form, I have no doubt he beats barao, or whoever has the belt at the time.

Hats off to Dillashaw for proving the naysayers wrong and believing in himself and putting on the performance of a lifetime. Cruz will be back tho, and if he handles the layoff well, no one will beat him.

I think Barao was thought to be better than he really was.
Not saying that he isn't very good....he is.
Just not unbeatable.

Just how many people beat Barao vicariously though Dilshaw last night?

I expected Barao to run through Dillashaw tonight .. had my doubts about whether Cruz could beat him .

Now it's not debatable : Cruz would fucking destroy the version of Barao we saw tonight ..

people saying stuff just after Dillashaw wins makes no sense :) I mean, is Cruz better than Dillashaw? We don't know that. And still they think oh wow, that guy looks all Dominater! Then Domick Cruz is suddenly a Barao-beater? Just compare fights of Cruz with Dillashaw's performance tonight and you'll see that Dillashaw adjusted Bang Muay Thai steps with Ali steps. With Cruz? he's all Ali steps, and than to Ali steps, there is an answer. There's a difference.
And Cruz didn't have the power that Dillashaw has shown tonight. What Cruz did was hold onto dear life when power punchers charged at him and go to the ground and LNP than get up before he gets tired

Seriously, does anyone think that now? I think most of it was some people don't know how good Cruz was before the injury. Dude has the best footwork, head movement, and boxing in the division but after bring out so long people kind of forgot how good he was.

If Cruz comes back and is remotely close to his old form, I have no doubt he beats barao, or whoever has the belt at the time.

Hats off to Dillashaw for proving the naysayers wrong and believing in himself and putting on the performance of a lifetime. Cruz will be back tho, and if he handles the layoff well, no one will beat him.

Agree 100%. I always felt Cruz's style was bad news for anyone, and felt he'd take Barao if he came back healthy.
TJ was his mini-me tonight and dominated him.
Barao is a legit beast, but Cruz's style, now being incorporated by others, seems to be an evolution.

I don't think Barao is as bad as people think now. He got caught with a big punch, which fucked him up for the rest of the night. Judge him on how he comes back, not how he finished tonight.

These "aha" threads after the fact in MMA are funny. I admit I never gave TJ a chance in this fight given his not so illustrious resume but time after time fighters prove fans wrong. The individual fighter is the only one who holds his/her potential and results in his/her hands. No matter how many stats fans and pundits pull up, no matter the betting odds, no matter our collective opinion based on results of a recent fight, the fighter is in there to prove us all wrong. Would Cruz have beat Barao? Who knows and to base the answer to that question off of last night's performance is silly at best.

Cruz has great footwork and speed but he lacks power. TJ has the power to punish Barao. I'm sure Cruz can land on Barao but I'm not sure Barao would give Cruz the same kind of respect because I don't think Cruz can hurt Barao the way TJ did. I think last nights TJ would beat Cruz as well.

TJ last night for me performed better than i ever seen Cruz perform.

I think TJ won because he's a little bit crazy.

im surprised it took this long for these threads to come out - esp w the way dillashaw was moving like cruz - the path was so set for these hindsight bias based discussions, im surprised this is the first one

Anyone who says Barao isn't a great fighter is a moron. He beat Faber twice, Wineland, Pickett, Jorgenson, MacDonald, and others. He just had an off night. Dillashaw looked amazing tonight.

i was going to make a similar thread

not only did tj have cruz' footwork, he was throwing cruz' signature moves

the duck, and lead uppercut

then the duck, wait for them to move away from the uppercut and hit a lhk

cruz wouldve landed that shit all day, too bad hes probably not ever gonna fight the same =(

never expected tj to become cruz though lol

Anyone who says Barao isn't a great fighter is a moron. He beat Faber twice, Wineland, Pickett, Jorgenson, MacDonald, and others. He just had an off night. Dillashaw looked amazing tonight.

Don't worry dude. The only people who feel that way are Sunday morning couch potato analysts and the people who have insecure "I hate Dana rage and I'll always feel the opposite about a fighter/card than Dana does."

I bet those fucking mooks feel dumb after not buying last nights fights because "that lame guy I've never heard of had no business being in a title match."

Barao is a pretty good fighter but nothing close to what uncle Dana was selling.

Pretty good? Was a defending UFC champ with wins over the likes of Faber, MacDonald, Jorgensen, Wineland and Pickett.

I suppose thats just pretty good.

We need to see a rematch before we can actually say anything. So lets get our rematch on and then lets talk

i was going to make a similar thread

not only did tj have cruz' footwork, he was throwing cruz' signature moves

the duck, and lead uppercut

then the duck, wait for them to move away from the uppercut and hit a lhk

cruz wouldve landed that shit all day, too bad hes probably not ever gonna fight the same =(

never expected tj to become cruz though lol

yup, but Cruz did that with his guard tight, with no power, with no Bang Muay Thai steps. What Dillashaw did was adjust Ali's steps with Bang Muay Thai signature steps and feints and switch. It's only Ali's steps that they both got in common. And the duck, attack is pretty common in mma really. And Cruz always has his guard all tight, but Dillashaw went crasy and went for no guard play :p use the front kick and you're anderson silva

Back