People really thought DC had a chance?

DC would have taken that if he had more cardio. He's 35 and has a history of trouble cutting weight, fighting a champion with experience in those two rounds. He had the skill and build to win, but the gas wasn't there. But, it's not like there are any other guys with those in common with him. So we probably won't see that kind of guy beat Jon.

Thats like saying Jones wouldve knocked DC out if he hit as hard as Tyson.

The bottom line is DC needed something to win that he didnt have. That doesnt somehow give him anymore credibility.

I would also argue that Jones showed much better conditioning in his last fight (which was the exact same kind of dirty boxing/grinding fight where he was more aggressive over 5 rounds) and if he had brought that kind of conditioning tonight this would have been a lot uglier for DC.

Thats like saying Jones wouldve knocked DC out if he hit as hard as Tyson.

The bottom line is DC needed something to win that he didnt have. That doesnt somehow give him anymore credibility.

I would also argue that Jones showed much better conditioning in his last fight (which was the exact same kind of dirty boxing/grinding fight where he was more aggressive over 5 rounds) and if he had brought that kind of conditioning tonight this would have been a lot uglier for DC.

You're assuming things. I didn't say DC had that cardio, he didn't, Jones outlasted him and earned the victory. The guy said that you have to be tall and fight like Gus to beat Jon, if DC had been 6 years younger, this fight could have looked very different. I'm not discrediting Jon or excusing DC with that statement, I'm saying a guy with Daniel's frame can beat Jon with more cardio. He was tagging him and looking great until the middle of the third round.

To really trouble Jones, a fighter needs to equal Jones in size and reach, and have suprior boxing (like Gustafsson showed - Gustafsson also had far superior movement and speed to Jones)

OR

Have a brutish relentless pace to disrupt Jones comfort and long range game. Common sense in combat sports

DC is a great fighter but its about styles and he offered none of the above.

Anyone who truly ever followed DC's career knew DC was always more of a patient counter striker kind of fighter. Too many fell for the hype. There was no way he was gonna consistently have success against Jones. There were too many times where DC hesitated coming in (its naturaly not his style), or where DC would inch forward and then instinctly hop back at any sign of movement from Jones thus losing his ground. DC never commited and just got stale.

Cain in that same situation doesnt hesitate. He will commit and implement. He can switch it up if he has too. Hes far more unpredictable. Cain is a natural bruiser who puts a hellish pace on opponents

DC was always a great match up for Jones with his counter style at such a huge reach disadvantage. DC was forced into TRYING to be THE agressor and thats not really him. It worked only at times for him (which that actually gives more credit to Cain having way more success because Cain IS that fighter)

Cain IS the one who always had the tools to destroy Jones the way Cormier "was supposed to"

Even when Cain was still relatively unkown, Dana White and Joe Rogan were saying Cain would be the one to beat Jones. They knew it. Everyone at AKA also knows it

Ive heard from people at AKA that Cain is the better more verstaile well rounded fighter to Cormier with FAR better transitions, better MMA level changes, better striking and far superior cardio and higher IQ (I can show you the sources from the people on twitter if you dont believe me). Cormier only had the straight wrestling over Cain, but again MMA wrestling is different, and Cain is better at mixing up his striking with his wrestling in MMA etc.

Most who follow MMA closely knew Jones would pick DC apart and that many were going to be very disappointed. Its always been Cain who was seen as the legit antidote to Jones. Cain will be the hero and people will finally be happy when Cain knocks off Jones

Cain would walk Jones down, walk through everything he has to offer with no hesitation, wrap up him and not quit until Jones is on his back and than pound him out (Cain has way better more relentless ground and pound than Cormier)

Or Cain could dirty box Jones up

Or Cain could kick with Jones

Or Cain could slip inside and out of Jones' lead hand with no fear since he has the wrestling chops, and TATOO Jones with his much crisper more accurate technical boxing game

PLUS Cain wont get tired like DC. Cain will keep pushing that hellish pace and give Jones a lot more unpredictable looks with his sneaky level changes/better ability to transition between striking and wrestling. Lets hope Cain recoveres from this injury soon because CAIN WILL DESTROY Jones with ease. Just completely have his way with Jones and make Jones look like a scrub.

Im telling you, the ONLY fighters who legit pose huge problems to Jones are Gustafsson, Chris Weidman and Cain Velasquez. In fact Chris Weidman could probably destroy Jones too because Chris has the speed, the reach like Gus, AND the relentless pace like Cain (all though not to the same extent or with the same power and force as Cain) Cain is the one WHO i would really be 100% sure about destroying Jones with ease.

Does Cain even fight? :icon_conf
Cain can't even beat his injury.

I predict Jones destroy Cain and finish Cain if they ever fight. Cain's pace won't work on Jones. Why? Jones isn't a fighter like any of Cain opponents. Jones is a complete MMA fighter like Chris Weidman and even better. Jones is a DBZ fighter LOL.

Cain stand no chance against Jones.
JDS stand no chance against Gus.

HW fighters are overrated. MMA is about skills first then weight second. If weight win fight, this guy would be the the HW GOAT LMAO.
maxresdefault.jpg

Yet he can't even beat a lightweight Japanese fighter.:(

I hated being told Cormier was going to throw Jones around and all this shit. I always felt that the size would be a problem for Cormier. I also did believe Gus could stuff the td and even take Jones down, mainly because of the size and shit I was right in both cases, but told both times it would not be the case. Jones' only real threat is Gus in the division in my opinion. A strong guy of similar size with very good striking.

Dc had the Potential and still has the potential to beat jones.
He managed a td in the fifth. He landed plenty. No reason he wouldnt do better next time.
It wasnt a one sided beat down.

Back