People need to understand last night proved JDS is one of the hardest to finish at HW

first part? maybe. 2nd part? no, that's just your mad.

It was as great a fight as something like Couture/Sylvia. Obviously a one sided 5 round beat down isn't as exciting as a finish or a back and forth fight (which is why people cry everytime GSP fights) but it wasn't terrible at all. It was a beautiful performance by Cain

yeah that was far from a terrible fight. he mad

All I know is 1 punch won the first fight for JDS and 1 punch one this fight. I can't wait for the 3rd one. Dana said in post fight the if Rem wins his next fight then he gets Cain Then after that the rubber match seems like next logical step. Title fight or not I wanna see it again

I thought it was great for both fighters Cain got the early advantage and JDS refused to quit. Cain was smart not to give away to much and pace his attack. Who lands the first shot in the rubber match? These guys could go back and forth for years.

first part? maybe. 2nd part? no, that's just your mad.

It was as great a fight as something like Couture/Sylvia. Obviously a one sided 5 round beat down isn't as exciting as a finish or a back and forth fight (which is why people cry everytime GSP fights) but it wasn't terrible at all. It was a beautiful performance by Cain

Overeem has no heart. He tapped to strikes to 205'ers. He'll just turtle up and get pounded out by Cain. He has no cardio either. When Cain punishes the shit out of Alistair, I'm going to laugh my ass off.

I said before the fight that I pick Reem to beat JDS like 8/10 times at least

but Cain? that's a different fight (and I said that way before last night)

but when I include last night into the equation, I still think the Reem can win, but he has about 3 minutes of Round 1 to do it. If it goes longer, if Cain gets him down, he'll apply the vaseline and he'll... take him

I agree.....I have watched Overeem get his ass handed to him for years....now he bulks up with help of course...& bullies smaller HWs & all the sudden he is a Superstar....I call bullshit..... I have watched him since the Pride years & U are right, he has no heart...when he meets stiff competition he folds....thats a fact & I have the tapes to prove it...when he fights a top 5 & wins lemme know...

So the win vs brock (hw #5 dec 2011) didnt count? Or did you just miss it?

Also why use so many ...

JDS sure has a good chin but I think a quality striker with massive power like Overeem, Sergei or even Cormier would have sealed the deal finished him yesterday when he was so rocked in the first

Cain has power but nowhere near the afrementionned fighters

Overeem has no heart. He tapped to strikes to 205'ers. He'll just turtle up and get pounded out by Cain. He has no cardio either. When Cain punishes the shit out of Alistair, I'm going to laugh my ass off.

qft. and like Jesse stated, we have seen Overeem fold under pressure. I can't remember a fight where reem got rocked and came back.

I agree with you on Natman. People forgot how good Cain was and waws belittling him it was annoying. I wanted him to win for this reason and he did.

Nearly 5 years since a HW Title Fight went the distance.

So the win vs brock (hw #5 dec 2011) didnt count? Or did you just miss it?

Also why use so many ...

A hobbled, coming off of surgery Brock who wasn't training as hard as possible because of said injury and had amazing striking deficiencies that most could exploit if they could stuff a takedown invalidate that number five ranking. So, no it didn't count.

I said before the fight that I pick Reem to beat JDS like 8/10 times at least

but Cain? that's a different fight (and I said that way before last night)

but when I include last night into the equation, I still think the Reem can win, but he has about 3 minutes of Round 1 to do it. If it goes longer, if Cain gets him down, he'll apply the vaseline and he'll... take him

Everyone with Overeem's striking ability and power has an opportunity to KTFO Cain or at least hurt him standing. But Cain's ability to close the pocket and stay on Alistair wouldn't allow him to set up kicks or his strikes, just like Cain did to JDS last evening and Sonnen did to Silva in their first and early in their second fight. Cain would stay on him like white on rice and pummel him often.

I agree.....I have watched Overeem get his ass handed to him for years....now he bulks up with help of course...& bullies smaller HWs & all the sudden he is a Superstar....I call bullshit..... I have watched him since the Pride years & U are right, he has no heart...when he meets stiff competition he folds....thats a fact & I have the tapes to prove it...when he fights a top 5 & wins lemme know...

Yeah because Lesnar is a " smaller HW" ...

All I know is 1 punch won the first fight for JDS and 1 punch one this fight. I can't wait for the 3rd one. Dana said in post fight the if Rem wins his next fight then he gets Cain Then after that the rubber match seems like next logical step. Title fight or not I wanna see it again

I thought it was great for both fighters Cain got the early advantage and JDS refused to quit. Cain was smart not to give away to much and pace his attack. Who lands the first shot in the rubber match? These guys could go back and forth for years.
i'm sorry guys but people are just trying to delude themselves into thinking that one punch was what made the fight.

Cain was clearly getting the better of them before that; he had already been landing smaller punches; and he had already slowed JDS' pace down (and when you tire a power puncher out, they lose a lot of their power and therefore... basically can't win)

So it wasn't the punch, it was the takedown attempts, it was tiring JDS out that won Cain the fight.

A hobbled, coming off of surgery Brock who wasn't training as hard as possible because of said injury and had amazing striking deficiencies that most could exploit if they could stuff a takedown invalidate that number five ranking. So, no it didn't count.

Well then we can invalidate brock all together because his lack in the striking department. But at least jesse got informed, when overeem beat a #5 ranked dude, what ever the basis for the "didnt count" was. Excuses, rarely seen on sherdog.

JDS sure has a good chin but I think a quality striker with massive power like Overeem, Sergei or even Cormier would have sealed the deal finished him yesterday when he was so rocked in the first

Cain has power but nowhere near the afrementionned fighters

but styles make fights my friend. Cain tired JDS out with takedown attempts and got him to drop his hands fearing for the takedown.

Sergei can beat him. I KNOW Overeem can. But it would be completely different. it wouldn't look like last night because neither of them can put a high pace on JDS and tire him out, otherwise they'd gas themselves out

The idiots on the thread already proved their ignorance of MMA with their predictions of JDS destroying Cain in "Dos Santos vs Velasquez II". Now, they are embarrasing themselves with talk of Overreem becoming Champ and how Cain has no punching power. Just curious....does anyone take these clowns seriously?

I disagre. It wasn't a good fight nor was it a great performance by Cain. He did terrible on capitalizing on a crippling shot. His top game was poor and he did not pick his shots against a JDS who had his hands waist high the whole fight.

Back