People need to understand last night proved JDS is one of the hardest to finish at HW

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Natman2939, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Natman2939

Natman2939 Gold Belt

In a small town, in a big country, on a floating o
    too often are fighters underrated after losses which is why I wanted Cain to win, so that people wouldn't think that he suddenly sucked just because he couldn't beat JDS

but now JDS is at risk of getting the same treatment, but let's keep in mind he has not only dominated every fighter he fought including Cain once

but last night proved he is ridiculously hard to finish.

Kongo is the only other person that Cain did not finish in the UFC and that was only because he was rocked at the beginning of each round.

A fresh, unrocked Cain, had 5 rounds to finish JDS and he couldn't do it. I've seen people giving Cain shit for that but they should be giving JDS credit.

Cain finished Lesnar in the 1st round
    Cain finished Nog in the 1st round
    Cain finished Bigfoot in the 1st round
    Cain finished Rothwell in the 2nd round

and all of those are very tough guys that don't finish easily (yes, including Lesnar---ask Carwin and a flying knee Mir how easy he is to finish)

So the fact that Cain couldn't finish JDS means he is practically unfinishable unless nailed perfectly in the early rounds.

2. MysticNinjaJay

MysticNinjaJay Banned Banned

He's durable.

But I think Overeem could finish him. Cain has that smothering takedown defense where if you know how to defend on the ground you can survive it. If you get hit solid by Overeem he can take you out and take you out quickly. He only needs one good shot and he often gets it.

3. vorpalraddish

vorpalraddish ★ Diamond Dog ★

The only thing I was sure of last night was JDS wasn't going to be stopped. I even had a feeling he was going to hang in for the decision after the end of the first despite Joe proclaiming the fight was over.

Hell of a chin. Wish he would try to protect it more though.

4. Natman2939

Natman2939 Gold Belt

PS: Cain/JDS 2 reminds me a lot of Fedor/Nog 1

The #1 fighter in the world beating down the #2 fighter in the world who takes it all and seems impossible to finish

5. Natman2939

Natman2939 Gold Belt

With the right knee, Overeem can finish a small tank

6. R0bert0Lu0ng0**

R0bert0Lu0ng0** Banned Banned

Except the beating was a lot worse.

And JDS/Cain are better fighters than Fedor/Nog.

7. The Renegade

The Renegade Silver Belt

JDS is a beast, took one hell of a beating and kept coming back. There are probably only a couple of HW's with the firepower to finish JDS.

8. JKS

JKS 77+&--#rT....

As a JDS fan I am emabarresed.....as a MMA fan, also. Terrible fight

9. theheater

theheater Silver Belt

cain did what he always does. sets a sprinting pace and demolishes his opponent, who's sucking wind and eating bombs in the first minute

jds has a granite chin but to be honest cain doesnt hit that hard for a HW. dont get me wrong he has plenty of power but if overeem, carwin, lesnar, or even JDS himself landed that many clean shots it would kill somebody. and if carwin threw that many big shots he would die from exhaustion

10. mikemck

mikemck White Belt

WTF was up with all those sloppy takedown attempts from Cain, even though JDS was barely even able to defend on the feet?
    Those constant attempts made the fight pretty boring for me, as I wanted to see a finish and not a decision.

11. vorpalraddish

vorpalraddish ★ Diamond Dog ★

I believe it.

12. Natman2939

Natman2939 Gold Belt

first part? maybe. 2nd part? no, that's just your mad.

It was as great a fight as something like Couture/Sylvia. Obviously a one sided 5 round beat down isn't as exciting as a finish or a back and forth fight (which is why people cry everytime GSP fights) but it wasn't terrible at all. It was a beautiful performance by Cain

13. Super Grover

Super Grover Purple Belt

What last night really proved is that every fight is different and you cant really draw any conclusions based on a single fight.

14. Author

Author Brown Belt

Much respect, Natman. Neither guy deserves to be underrated, that's for damn sure.

If anyone needs anymore evidence of that, consider that they've both only suffered 1 loss in their UFC careers, and that one loss was to the other.

That's a true testament to the level these two fight at and, as technically as you can spell it out, how these guys had a 50/50 chance against each other.

Also Cain winning makes things a lot more interesting at HW, and even LHW if Cormier means what he says.

15. Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse Plutonium Belt Platinum Member

Overeem has no heart. He tapped to strikes to 205'ers. He'll just turtle up and get pounded out by Cain. He has no cardio either. When Cain punishes the shit out of Alistair, I'm going to laugh my ass off.

16. Jesse James

Jesse James Chastity Belt

Poor baby.....did it remind you of JDS when he was trying to finish Nelson? :)

17. TomTomNT

TomTomNT Purple Belt

meaning what? So is roy, whats new? lot of guys these days have good chins, there isnt many that dont, its not really something to brag about that you can get hit alot and get beat on for 25 minutes and then look like a pile of shit is on your face...

18. purpleheart

purpleheart Green Belt

First time i agree with TS, well done!

19. Jesse James

Jesse James Chastity Belt

I agree.....I have watched Overeem get his ass handed to him for years....now he bulks up with help of course...& bullies smaller HWs & all the sudden he is a Superstar....I call bullshit..... I have watched him since the Pride years & U are right, he has no heart...when he meets stiff competition he folds....thats a fact & I have the tapes to prove it...when he fights a top 5 & wins lemme know...

20. Sakurabas Ear

Sakurabas Ear Brown Belt

In other words, Fujitas head.