People need to stop dismissing Frankie Edgar

Good post TS. Just to piggyback on your first point, it is generally accepted that fighters can compete at a very high level, even have an advantage, when moving down in weight. Going up a weight class is what raises the questions of being able to handle bigger, stronger fighters. And I agree with you on how Edgar will handle the weight cut.

I disagree a bit with you on leg kicks. True, Edgar is good at catching them, but he has eaten them too. And Aldo is one of the best in the business with his leg kicks. They are fast and powerful, perfect technique. He doesn't leave them out there. I am not saying Frankie won't catch one or two, but eating Aldo's kicks are an issue.

Overall great post and I agree, this will be a very competitive and a really fun fight to watch. I am not sure why people are saying Frankie can't compete. He has been great, so that thought process in unwarranted.

True about the leg kicks, howevee, unlike Faber, Frankie is a very high level Wrestler as well. The threat of the takedown that Faber didnt really have, may keep the leg kick attempts at bay.

Finally a decent thread about this.

TS has a lot of good points.

I dont agree when you talk about aldos kicks though.He is the best kicker edgar has ever faced and also the fastest.Only thing Edgar is catching is a free ride to the ICU to get an x-ray on those legs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back