People need to rewatch the Rashad v Davis fight, but wont do, because its "boring"

It wasn't a particularly spectacular fight but I remember Phil not being able to do much against Rashad.

I think it was a good learning experience for him him and he's probably gotten better from it. His movement definitely improved in the Machida fight but he's sadly been more hesitant to throw kicks.

Id love to hear how many of these people have actually rewatched it.

"rashad did this and...." He took Davis down 3 times, to Davis' 2. And not once did he shoot.

It was a great counter wrestling, counter boxing display by Rashad, who has close boxing and a lower center of balance. It was no prototype of a Jones fight, a guy who just got taken down by a boxer, btw.

TS watched Davis vs. Evans more than once? Whoa, super fan!

28465-Jerry-Seinfeld-leaves-gif-yxqm.gif

Lol. Cheers. And F U sherdog. :D

Davis was simply just step behind Rashad at very crucial moments. Take the first round. Davis was walking away with the round until Rashad caught that kick.

For me this fight was Davis being too green at the time. If they fought again, I think we would see a much different fight.

Your worthwhile post is appreciated! Also the Rashad that fought that night was the best Rashad that ever stepped into the octagon IMO.

Can Davis get Bones down and keep him there for longer than a few seconds. That's the question. I think no.

People might say, but Gus got him on his back. Yes he did. But Gus is a different fighter from Davis and at this point a lot better IMO.

Were people saying that Rashad smashed Davis?

I thought people expected Davis to win and were surprised at how little he was able to do to Rashad; it was a pretty one-sided fight.

Do you have examples of people saying Rashad smashed him?

Hardly anyone thought Davis was going to win that fight. In fact almost everybody thought Rashad was a lock and going to knock Phil out.

Those times were different then they are now. Rashad was a beast and only 1 loss to Machida. and beat most of the other elite fighters in the division. Davis was a new prospect with awful striking who struggled to takedown lil nog and Rashad was a gigantic step up in competition.

davis is still getting better, it was his first " big fight ", you act like getting outwrestled by rashad means you're shit, davis will just keep getting better.

edit: i actually didnt read all of TS, i thought this was a davis hate thread, sorry hahahahah

Last edited:
I've been a fan of Davis for a long time. The tears of the Machida fans even brightened my day for awhile, but in what way was Davis not dominated? He didn't get physically beaten to death, but he was never really in control of the fight.

That said, I also want to see him fight Jones. I don't give a shit about sherdogger opinions, is this supposed to be a sport or not? Davis keeps winning, one more and he has earned it.

on this semantic spectrum

beat..............controlled............dominated..............destroyed

TS thinks it's................................here

not......................................................................here

any questions?

well, that one was easy /thread

nailed it.

I've forgotten every Phil Davis fight I've ever watched. not a good sign for a "contender"

62 strikes vs. 51 strikes in a 25 minute fight is fucking atrocious

I applaud you for being able to sit through that fight again

on this semantic spectrum

beat..............controlled............dominated..............destroyed

TS thinks it's................................here

not......................................................................here

any questions?

well, that one was easy /thread

I would have your posts' babies.

He didn't invent that, I guess that means he lay and prays.

Go away.

That is a hammerlock dude, just a different one

And he is worse than LNP, he is the late TD to steal a round kind of fighter. Not my fault if you enjoy watching that crap

That is a hammerlock dude, just a different one

And he is worse than LNP, he is the late TD to steal a round kind of fighter. Not my fault if you enjoy watching that crap

No, but it is your fault you don't know what you're watching, and being insulting because of it.

Back