1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

People need to chill the f**k down about weidman...

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Hazuki Ryo, May 26, 2014.

1. Ruv Black Belt

LOL, exactly what I was thinking.

2. blitzk Red Belt

umm... who's even talking about him?

3. ocfightfan Sic semper tyrannus

Chill down. Okay.

Obviously, since he finished him twice.

Uh, yeah you are taking it away from him. When you throw out reasons why he won that don't include Weidmans skills, you ARE taking the victory away from him. And as for age, tell that to everyone he's faced in the last few years, including Sonnen. Only Chael came close and that was a Chael jacked to the gills on PEDs fighting an injured Silva who was also sandbagging in an effort to prove a point by submitting him.

What the hell are you babbling about? What does Mousasi have to do with Weidman?

He beat a great striker with good bjj twice. This is just another excuse to make that fact go away.

I haven't seen a bunch of people putting him as the future GOAT, I'm sure someone has, but most of what I've seen are the Silva fans trying to delegitimize him. And what does Jon Jones have to do with anything? I'm sure that you can dig up someone saying it, but I have yet to see a widespread claim that he would beat Jones.

4. BJJ Blackbelt Brown Belt

Uhm when was anyone talking about him of late all I remember is countless Renan was never good threads just because he lost one time

5. Kneeuinthenutz Steel Belt

Miyagi Do - Cobra Kai Dojo Kicking Major Ass.
    This is ridiculous.

Who needs to chill?

Who exactly is creating all these farfetched expectations of him?

The ONLY people I see ever even mentioning him being GOAT, or that he's going to run through Jones, are the very same people complaining about all the people supposedly calling him the GOAT and the guy who is going to run through Jones.

6. Just The Facts Blue Belt

Again a perfectly sound answer. Who would have thought they have sharp minds in Gainesville...jk:)

7. MyFist Blue Belt

murder by Jones? Jones is a MMA fighter, not a killer.
    he would give Jones and awesome super fight but would definitely lose since Jones seen to have more cardio and better techniques.

8. Augustus Caesar Festina Lente Staff Member Senior Moderator

Lol thanks. UF is in Gainesville, which is a pretty good public university (i'm currently a student there). :p