People need to chill the f**k down about weidman...

Chill down. Okay.

The man was a bad match up for silva.

Obviously, since he finished him twice.

He beat a 38 year old man that was slowing down since the first sonnen fight. I'm not taking away this victory though, nor that i'm denying his skills.

Uh, yeah you are taking it away from him. When you throw out reasons why he won that don't include Weidmans skills, you ARE taking the victory away from him. And as for age, tell that to everyone he's faced in the last few years, including Sonnen. Only Chael came close and that was a Chael jacked to the gills on PEDs fighting an injured Silva who was also sandbagging in an effort to prove a point by submitting him.

But what do we really know about this guy? Mousasi was said to be the next mw champion from people following him since his debut. What happened? he showed his true colors when facing true adversity.

What the hell are you babbling about? What does Mousasi have to do with Weidman?

Good strikers with a good bjj base might be a big threat against him ( pride wanderlei, pride shogun, belfort, machida..) but we sure can't say anything before we see more about him.

He beat a great striker with good bjj twice. This is just another excuse to make that fact go away.

Don't understant why sherdoggers put him as the future goat or the man that could beat Jones. From what i've seen so far, he would get MURDERED by Jones. Let's keep calm and wait for the rest

I haven't seen a bunch of people putting him as the future GOAT, I'm sure someone has, but most of what I've seen are the Silva fans trying to delegitimize him. And what does Jon Jones have to do with anything? I'm sure that you can dig up someone saying it, but I have yet to see a widespread claim that he would beat Jones.

Uhm when was anyone talking about him of late all I remember is countless Renan was never good threads just because he lost one time

This is ridiculous.

Who needs to chill?

Who exactly is creating all these farfetched expectations of him?

The ONLY people I see ever even mentioning him being GOAT, or that he's going to run through Jones, are the very same people complaining about all the people supposedly calling him the GOAT and the guy who is going to run through Jones.

I think that Weidman will be perfectly fine to go 5 rounds. He is known as a guy who trains like a beast in the gym, I don't think that a guy with his reputation in the gym will gas in a title fight. He might, only time will tell. Belfort would probably gas before Weidman to be honest, and Machida's style isn't one that gasses opponents since he is very elusive and picks his shots very carefully. You need someone with a smothering to test Weidman's cardio.

Again a perfectly sound answer. Who would have thought they have sharp minds in Gainesville...jk:)

The man was a bad match up for silva. He beat a 38 year old man that was slowing down since the first sonnen fight. I'm not taking away this victory though, nor that i'm denying his skills. But what do we really know about this guy? Mousasi was said to be the next mw champion from people following him since his debut. What happened? he showed his true colors when facing true adversity.
Good strikers with a good bjj base might be a big threat against him ( pride wanderlei, pride shogun, belfort, machida..) but we sure can't say anything before we see more about him. Don't understant why sherdoggers put him as the future goat or the man that could beat Jones. From what i've seen so far, he would get MURDERED by Jones. Let's keep calm and wait for the rest
murder by Jones? Jones is a MMA fighter, not a killer.
he would give Jones and awesome super fight but would definitely lose since Jones seen to have more cardio and better techniques.

Back