People need to chill the f**k down about weidman...

Yet weidman has a shitty gas tank that know one wants to talk about...

Yeah really, he was gassing HARD against Maia, I mean wtf was up with that, it's almost like he took the fight on 10 days notice with a one week camp, and cut an insane ammount of weight... Oh that's right, he did, nice try though :]

The Weidman hype is similar to what the Dillashaw hype could turn into. Guy beats the best in the division and suddenly he is the greatest of all time. Though I don't see Sherdoggers running with the Dillashaw hype as much. Weidman needs more wins in my book. Fuck Mark Munoz.

Anderson Silva is vastly more proven and accomplished than Barao.

That is a bit of an exaggeration don't you think? He gassed in the Maia fight but he took that fight on 11 days notice, so that was to be expected. He did seem to breath a little heavy in the first Anderson fight, but was still moving well and finished the fight moments later.

Glad to see someone well spoken and patient. Well he really seemed to show signs of fatigue in those fights, i know that he had many injuries, but if a fight goes 5 rounds, he needs to keep the distance. Again, from what i've seen, i don't see him going through a full 5 rounds against machida or belfort

Glad to see someone well spoken and patient. Well he really seemed to show signs of fatigue in those fights, i know that he had many injuries, but if a fight goes 5 rounds, he needs to keep the distance. Again, from what i've seen, i don't see him going through a full 5 rounds against machida or belfort

Belfort isn't exactly a monster in the later rounds either, so if he does have a gas tank issue, the only person that could exploit it really is Shida.

I think that Weidman will be perfectly fine to go 5 rounds. He is known as a guy who trains like a beast in the gym, I don't think that a guy with his reputation in the gym will gas in a title fight. He might, only time will tell. Belfort would probably gas before Weidman to be honest, and Machida's style isn't one that gasses opponents since he is very elusive and picks his shots very carefully. You need someone with a smothering style to test Weidman's cardio.

Last edited:
Because he'll have already made GSP/AS money, and he'd like to have some cognitive ability after the age of 36.

But apparently Weidman is so great he shouldn't even get punched once while plowing through DC and Jones :rolleyes:

im not at all impressed by Weidman, neither silva fioght did much for me honestly, I know all the sherdog white knights will come out in full force after that comment but thatd my personal opinion
hes definitely good, just not even close to how sherdog holds him, but he has a chance to show he deserves the credit hes getting with his list of opponents to has yet to face, I don't mind being proven wrong either my internet ego wont be hurt at all so excited to see how his next cpl fights go down

Out of Weidman, Machida, and Belfort, only two of those we know beyond a doubt would get destroyed by Jones. And Weidman isn't one of them.

I agree that people who call him the GOAT and the guy who will murder Jones to be a bit far-fetched, but you shouldn't discredit his wins over Anderson by calling him a 38 year old man, you say it as if Anderson wasn't destroying everyone before the Weidman fight, he may have slowed down post Sonnen fight, but he was still the best. The Chris is the best in the division until proven otherwise.

Couldn't have said it any better.

Weidman is legit man. Great striking, wrestling, jui jitsu.

white belt thread. shocker.

I really hate being "that guy" that brings up belts but it really is down right hilarious how you can sense a whitebelt thread just by reading the title

Back