Social People in Western countries with strict gun control don't murder as much as Americans

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
Let’s be clear the cat is already out of the bag for you guys, but ofc you are less likely to get shot when there are less guns around.

Again to many stupid people in this world who should not have access to such weapons

One of the safest states is also one of the most heavily armed.

We should just lock everyone in solitary confinement to solve the problem.

Do you live in America? Are you American? If not worry about your own problems sport.

No fortunately do not and I am not American either (I do fly out to Vegas in 2 days, does that count for something??)

And I do not worry one bit about your problem but I do have an opinion about it. It’s a forum, deal with it <Moves>

Let’s be clear the cat is already out of the bag for you guys, but ofc you are less likely to get shot when there are less guns around.

Again to many stupid people in this world who should not have access to such weapons

Funny I was going to say the same thing about you. By the way, you're not actually in favor of banning guns. You're just an idiot that wants their ownership centralized among a small group. Enjoy your life as a subject.

That's not an anecdote. An anecdote would be an American witnessing a murder while on vacation in Germany.

Look up the definition of anecdote champ, and in the mirror for that lingering piece of pie.

One of the safest states is also one of the most heavily armed.
There are a lot of variables at play so it's not that clear cut. But common sense tells you more guns means more potential shootings. Less guns means less potential shootings. If everyone had a gun then more angry and/or crazy people will shoot people than if only 50% of people had a gun

There are a lot of variables at play so it's not that clear cut

It is not clear cut at all. If you take the top ten safest places it will be split between heavily legally armed and very restrictive. The same will be true on the dangerous end of things.

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-vs-western-homicide-rates-2014-11

A trope from the pro-gun crowd is that if people want to commit murder, and guns they don't have easy access to guns, they'll just find other means. The fact that people in the US, where guns are so easy to obtain, murder at a much higher rate than high income countries with strict gun control, is strong evidence that pro-gun crowd's claim is bogus.

Guns make murder just about as easy as imaginable. A commonly used phrase to describe something very easy is "push of a button". All it takes to murder with a gun is a simple movement of the finger. There is extra effort involved in committing murder without a gun that militates against motivation.

But exactly how strict are those countries? The lesser murder rate may have nothing to do with gun control, but have everything to do with how restrictive everything else is or how harsh the penalties are for everything.

There's no such thing as a final stage of biological evolution.

Maybe when the universe winds down, star formation has stopped and hydrogen has switched from being the most common element and is now scarce as the last stars are finishing the final fusion process.

Funny I was going to say the same thing about you. By the way, you're not actually in favor of banning guns. You're just an idiot that wants their ownership centralized among a small group. Enjoy your life as a subject.

Why are you calling me a retard and an idiot because I criticize your gun laws...

Lol you guys take that shit so personally it funny as fuck.

So you would be in favor of arming everyone?

Not the criminals. I used to live in a county that went almost 75 years without a murder and was heavily armed. The high school parking lot was full of pickup trucks with a gun rack in the rear window with long arms in it.

Growing up in the 60s and 70s guns a fairly good chunk of our food as it did for many people.

There's no such thing as a final stage of biological evolution.
I'll disagree with that with low-end confidence. At least when it comes to adaptation, humans are at a point where we can make our environment adapt to us. I would say it's mostly aesthetic at this point, but plastic surgery has even thrown that up in the air genetically. We're now on a hamster wheel with genetic traits.

Back