Social People in Western countries with strict gun control don't murder as much as Americans

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
I've had my fair share of family die from heart attacks, but there have been many who have also had medical procedures to address heart disease and while they're not living forever they're receiving treatment and curing immediate issues.

Heart disease can be managed, not cured. There is no cure. Anyway, we shouldn't even be debating this because it's completely irrelevant.

So going straight for pulling guns off the street instead of improving current systems and enforcement of existing laws?

What existing laws are not being enforced that would account for a violent death rate 7x higher than other high income countries?

Oh this is cute . . .

There's nothing cute about rebels supporting bad policies and needing to be corrected. It happened with slavery. It happened with civil rights. There's no reason it couldn't happen with gun control.

Yes, you're deflecting. The OP is about the murder rate and it's relationship to gun control. Only an imbecile or someone attempting to redirect the conversation thinks that it requires a discussion on natural causes of death before a conversation of murder can be had.

You're not an imbecile, right?

Even now, you're attempting to at least address the murder rate by saying it's not statistically significant. That's a valid argument but the pivot just shows that you know the difference.

Again - notice that your argument doesn't involve cancer and heart disease being a prerequisite for disagreeing with gun control? Seems pretty easy.

Then stop deflecting to heart disease and cancer rates and discuss the murder rates. It's juvenile to think that such an obvious and pointless attempt to avoid the conversation somehow rises to defensible just because you don't like gun control.

Maybe if people who were against gun control put together more intelligent responses with actual persuasive possibilities instead of this bullshit "But what about cancer...", we might actually get somewhere.

You're a hoot . . . and an idiot.

You think you're soo smart and intuitive, but read way too much into things to try and push some angle that you're this super intelligent person.

Just stop. You're pushing arguments I'm not making. I've CLEARLY stated what I think is going on with the OP and you still think you know better.

You don't.

What existing laws are not being enforced that would account for a violent death rate 7x higher than other high income countries?

Oh, you mean you didn't do more research to see if there were actual issues to be addressed before you started pushing for strict gun control?

Seriously?

Current databases don't get updated properly so all systems that are supposed to report to the NICs actually make it there as required. Fixing that issue alone would prevent some folks from seemingly passing the NICs BGC.

Actually punishing straw purchasers with some meaningful consequences would remove many illegally purchased firearms from those who shouldn't have them.

Those are just a couple of issues that need to be addressed before pushing for yet more laws.

There's nothing cute about rebels supporting bad policies and needing to be corrected. It happened with slavery. It happened with civil rights. There's no reason it couldn't happen with gun control.

Huh? Now you're comparing cops who wouldn't go door-to-door and round up our evil guns to those who kicked blacks out of restaurants in the south?

You're a hoot . . . and an idiot.

You think you're soo smart and intuitive, but read way too much into things to try and push some angle that you're this super intelligent person.

Just stop. You're pushing arguments I'm not making. I've CLEARLY stated what I think is going on with the OP and you still think you know better.

You don't.
It's funny, I never say I'm so smart or intelligent. Yet that's always the criticism - that I think I'm soooo smart. You guys must be feeling particularly sensitive if your criticism is that you think that I think I'm smart, lol.

And I'm pushing the exact argument that you're mkaing. He was commenting about the murder rate, you tried to say that he shouldn't discuss the murder rate unless he was willing to discuss deaths caused by cancer and heart disease.

When I called it a bullshit argument, you discussed the murder rate without mentioning cancer and heart disease. Which you could have done with him but you didn't because you were making an empty bullshit argument. And when smart, intuitive, super intelligent me :cool: pointed it out you no dropped the bullshit argument...probably because I'm too smart, intuitive and super intelligent to engage it.

So, yeah, you were making the exact argument I said you were making and you know it, which is why you stopped when I called you on it.

Gotdamn...maybe I do know better.

White areas in the US are EXTRMELY safe and comparable to a lot of Western nations. Demographics has exponentially more to do with homicides than availability of firearms.

peEheIn.png

vEXjhtR.jpg
True, but it's arguable that banning all guns would diminish the murder rate between people of color.

Brazil and Mexico are super safe thanks to their strict gun laws. Imagine if they had access to guns as easily as Americans do? They might turn into complete shitholes.
Heh, I know it very well but these two countries can't enforce their laws properly. It's possible the US would do it better. People in Brazil and Mexico are not stabbing each other to death, in Brazil at least, it's about drug gangs buying illegal weapons to kill each other and some civilians in between.
It would be really hard to remove all guns from the US, a partial ban would probably not change much, and even a total ban would still let guns flow in from other countries, just like drugs, but it could make an statistical difference.

Look up murder rate of Chicago.... then look up the gun laws for Chicago because This
NO-GUNS-Tasers-Knives-Sign-K-8668.gif

scares the people who don't care what u say

Slavery is a violation of the most basic of human rights.

Someone being in possession of an object is not a violation of anyone's rights in and of itself.

You attempting to conflate the two in any way shows your inability to differentiate between violating the rights of another, and maintaining the rights of an individual.

In order for your argument to be correct, you would have to demonstrate how me being in possession of an object is somehow violating your rights personally.

Oh, you mean you didn't do more research to see if there were actual issues to be addressed before you started pushing for strict gun control?

Seriously?

Current databases don't get updated properly so all systems that are supposed to report to the NICs actually make it there as required. Fixing that issue alone would prevent some folks from seemingly passing the NICs BGC.

Actually punishing straw purchasers with some meaningful consequences would remove many illegally purchased firearms from those who shouldn't have them.

Those are just a couple of issues that need to be addressed before pushing for yet more laws.

Most guns used in mass shootings are obtained legally.

Huh? Now you're comparing cops who wouldn't go door-to-door and round up our evil guns to those who kicked blacks out of restaurants in the south?

I'm showing that your defeatist attitude is unwarranted. You may not think reducing gun violence is a worthy goal if it gets in the way of your hobby. That's fine. But the idea that it couldn't be done because of rebel government officials is a weak argument. There have been rebel government officials in the past. It didn't stop the agenda of their opponents from prevailing.

Back