Social People in Western countries with strict gun control don't murder as much as Americans

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 159002

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-vs-western-homicide-rates-2014-11

A trope from the pro-gun crowd is that if people want to commit murder, and guns they don't have easy access to guns, they'll just find other means. The fact that people in the US, where guns are so easy to obtain, murder at a much higher rate than high income countries with strict gun control, is strong evidence that pro-gun crowd's claim is bogus.

Guns make murder just about as easy as imaginable. A commonly used phrase to describe something very easy is "push of a button". All it takes to murder with a gun is a simple movement of the finger. There is extra effort involved in committing murder without a gun that militates against motivation.

A trope from the pro-gun crowd is that if people want to commit murder, and guns they don't have easy access to guns, they'll just find other means. The fact that people in the US, where guns are so easy to obtain, murder at a much higher rate than high income countries with strict gun control, is strong evidence that pro-gun crowd's claim is bogus.

Guns make murder just about as easy as imaginable. A commonly used phrase to describe something very easy is "push of a button". All it takes to murder with a gun is a simple movement of the finger. There is extra effort involved in committing murder without a gun that militates against motivation.
And now we're seeing an increase in edged weapon deaths in the UK. If the will is there the means will be found. How many cities in the US have to put up barriers specifically to keep people from using a vehicle as a means of homicide? What's the US statistics on acid related assaults?

White areas in the US are EXTRMELY safe and comparable to a lot of Western nations. Demographics has exponentially more to do with homicides than availability of firearms.

peEheIn.png

vEXjhtR.jpg

Last edited:
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-43628494
_100685629_chart-londonnymurdernumbers-rutke-nc.png

tldr: while London's murder rate rose, it's total for 2018 was less than NYC's total from just January to June. And NYC is famously safe for a large city.

The fact that people in the US, where guns are so easy to obtain, murder at a much higher rate than high income countries
London murder rate overtakes New York's
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-43610936
April 2nd 2018.

Glad I could clear that up for you!

If you avoid the ghettos and barrios in the US it is safe. Even with lots of guns around.

Glad I could clear that up for you!
yes, the rate BRIEFLY overtook NYC for one month. The annual rate is still lower. Glad I could clear that up for you.

BTW both cities are about 8 million population.

Hmm Mexico banned guns and it is super safe
Wonder how they got these numbers

White areas in the US are EXTRMELY safe and comparable to a lot of Western nations. Demographics has exponentially more to do with homicides than availability of firearms.

peEheIn.png

vEXjhtR.jpg
<{ByeHomer}>

yes, the rate BRIEFLY overtook NYC for one month. The annual rate is still lower. Glad I could clear that up for you.

BTW both cities are about 8 million population.

I don't know what you imagine you cleared up. The OP made a demonstrably false statement. I proved it wrong.

Brazil and Mexico are super safe thanks to their strict gun laws. Imagine if they had access to guns as easily as Americans do? They might turn into complete shitholes.

So what.

I mean really.

peEheIn.png

vEXjhtR.jpg

I love these threads. Because the OP is right but so is this post. But the two sides never want to meet half way and see that yeah there is truth on the right and left. Gun nuts are just ridiculous in any other country of the world and many countries allow guns for citizens.

People in countries with strict gun control don't murder as much as Americans.

Not true. Look at Brazil. Actually, look at Central and South America. Honduras scored pretty high - as expected. It used to be a very nice country about 20 years ago.

peEheIn.png

vEXjhtR.jpg
"Inferior genes" = higher crime rate

Last edited:
Inferior genes = higher crime rate

The genetics aren't inferior guy. It's just a maladaptation to the environment they find themselves in. Superiority/ inferiority is meaningless in an evolutionary/biological context.

Back