People in the know re: BJJ honest question (Jacare, Roger, Maia)

glover??? lmfao... he has a good ground game, but far and I mean faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away from roger's jacare's and maia's...

He's not on their level but he did win the 2009 Brazil trials and eliminated Dean Lister at ADCC 2009. He also out grappled Pe De Pano in MMA. If anything he's exceptionally underrated here.

Exactly what happened when he went up against King Mo in Strikeforce: Barnett vs Kharitonov. He got KO'd.

Not taking way Mo's win, cause stylistically he is a nightmare for Roger, but Mo and Gracie clashed heads and Roger got the worst of it, then got hit with that cannon.

Roger should just come out sprinting at the start of every fight/round and pull guard.

Fuck striking

Fuck wrestling

Roger has the best "pure" bjj but its the least applicable to mma, his "signature choke" (that a lot of his students are good at) is the cross choke from mount which is pretty much useless without a gi.

The best BJJ style that can be used in MMA is Jacares imo

Roger has the best "pure" bjj but its the least applicable to mma, his "signature choke" (that a lot of his students are good at) is the cross choke from mount which is pretty much useless without a gi.

The best BJJ style that can be used in MMA is Jacares imo

Roger's great with no-gi submissions too, he's the only man to submit all his opponents at ADCC and he won both his weight and the absolute. He also subbed Jacare at that event.

pure jj i would say roger but i think souza has the best mma jj and all round mma grappling skills. as well as the most well rounded striking as well. i would like to see roger vs souza. its a possible match for them both.

you-dont-say.jpg

Should be obvious, but this is Sherdog. Lots of ppl still think Penn is a world-champion level BJJ player, that Hendo is still an Olympic calibre Greco wrestler, etc.

But with all three, their BJJ skills will probably deteriorate as they commit more to MMA.

I think it's possible that this is going on with Roger already, he barely held out against Buchecha at metamoris. Takes a lot of focused training to stay at that level for pure BJJ - most of the top guy train like 6+ hours per day on BJJ apparently

Back