People in the know re: BJJ honest question (Jacare, Roger, Maia)

have you read the title? "black house gym tour" if nova uniao was called pretorian it would be called pretorian. people come from all over the world to have their training there. it is a gym sir. nobody can tell me otherwise. you are too stupid to know it and i am being trolled to such an extent that i know it but cant help myself replying

You caught me pretzel, I had the sole intention of trolling you when you responded to me first, starting this conversation. If anything you would be the troll for arguing with me that all of the black house fighters train together. When I proved you wrong you changed your argument to that black house is the name of a gym. Well congrats my friend its the beginning part of team nogs la based gym name. Which is named so, because it housed the most BH fighters so soares probably cut a deal with the nogs to through the name on title of the gym. Which is referred to by most of the MMA community as team nog.

My thanks all!

Something tells me Jacare has a bright future while Roger is going to look bad, bad, bad once he encounters someone who can cancel out his BJJ and has superior striking.

mo-gif.gif

I still put maia above Jacare on pure bjj.
Jacare has better takedowns

Roger's style will not get him far in the division imo. anyone with more than decent TDD can thwart him

That's because you're uneducated on the subject. Jacare is 2-1 against Maia and is about 10 times more accomplished. It really isn't even close.

You caught me pretzel, I had the sole intention of trolling you when you responded to me first, starting this conversation. If anything you would be the troll for arguing with me that all of the black house fighters train together. When I proved you wrong you changed your argument to that black house is the name of a gym. Well congrats my friend its the beginning part of team nogs la based gym name. Which is named so, because it housed the most BH fighters so soares probably cut a deal with the nogs to through the name on title of the gym. Which is referred to by most of the MMA community as team nog.

did i say that all the blackhouse fighters train together?

dy61rm.jpg

i called you out on your knowledge of blackhouse and that is how this started

i was at no point proved wrong by you. ive got nothing to be proved wrong about. all i said to initiate this was that roger trained at blackhouse (ie for this fight) as you said he needed to work with some good strikers. the reality is that he was working with some amazing strikers for this fight. you are just an mma rookie

I believe it's Jacare, Roger, then Maia, but you could interchange Roger and Jacare

Jacare's skillset could lead him to being the best middleweight fighter in the world some day. Maia could get a 170 title shot if things go correctly for him. Roger will probably continue fighting mostly unknowns and faded names. I have extreme doubts about seeing him in the UFC.

That's because you're uneducated on the subject. Jacare is 2-1 against Maia and is about 10 times more accomplished. It really isn't even close.

not even close my ass. theyre pretty close in terms of accomplishments. maia is one of the few guys to beat jacare at black belt. he only competed as a blackbelt for about 2 years. he had a short career. its not as if jacare is lightyears ahead of him. and im pretty positive im more savvy with the competitive grappling circuit than you are. I only had seen his match with maia where he lost.

not even close my ass. theyre pretty close in terms of accomplishments. maia is one of the few guys to beat jacare at black belt. he only competed as a blackbelt for about 2 years. he had a short career. its not as if jacare is lightyears ahead of him. and im pretty positive im more savvy with the competitive grappling circuit than you are. I only had seen his match with maia where he lost.

Do a little research before responding. They really aren't close in terms of accomplishments. Not sure why you insist on talking about something you clearly haven't bothered to look into at all. You didn't even know their overall record which is pretty common knowledge. A quick google search will inform you adequately.

Just because you post in f12 doesn't mean you are savvy with the competitive grappling scene. Maybe the current one, but you clearly have no idea about scene when Jacare & Maia were competing.

did i say that all the blackhouse fighters train together?

dy61rm.jpg

i called you out on your knowledge of blackhouse and that is how this started

i was at no point proved wrong by you. ive got nothing to be proved wrong about. all i said to initiate this was that roger trained at blackhouse (ie for this fight) as you said he needed to work with some good strikers. the reality is that he was working with some amazing strikers for this fight. you are just an mma rookie

Yes you did. You said that black house is a gym of fighters. Which directly implies that the majority of fighters under BH train together. Similar to how the majority of aka train together under one roof. This was started by you when you told me it was a gym/team. I simply corrected you saying its a management team first and foremost. Then you showed me a video of Nogueiras gym which has BH in the title. This proved very little. I have repeated my self too many times so try to absorb all these information.

Roger worked at team Nogueira for a part of his training camp so lyoto cornered him. I believe he signed to BH recently but idk for sure so don't qoute me on that. I was wrong about roger not working with good strikers. He needs to continue working with good strikers in order to round out his game and become a force.

Do a little research before responding. They really aren't close in terms of accomplishments. Not sure why you insist on talking about something you clearly haven't bothered to look into at all. You didn't even know their overall record which is pretty common knowledge. A quick google search will inform you adequately.

Just because you post in f12 doesn't mean you are savvy with the competitive grappling scene. Maybe the current one, but you clearly have no idea about scene when Jacare & Maia were competing.

"I'm right, and to prove it go do the research for me" is a cop out. if you're right, source it please. if not for him, for me :) cuz i want to know, thanks!

"I'm right, and to prove it go do research" is a cop out. if you're right, source it please. if not for him, for me :) thanks!

jacare and maia both only have 1 adcc championship. the rest are runner ups and superfight wins

the rest are a few world and pan championships. Jacare doesnt destroy maia in his list of accomplishments. he has just done a few more super fights and absolutes.

Jacare:
Grappling credentials
ADCC Submission Wrestling World Championship:
ADCC 2011 Superfight Runner-up (against Braulio Estima)
ADCC 2009 Superfight Champion (against Robert Drysdale)
ADCC 2005 77 – 87kg: 1st Place
ADCC 2005 Openweight: 2nd Place
ADCC 2003 77 – 87kg: 2nd Place
ADCC 2003 Brazilian Qualifiers 77 – 87kg: 1st Place
CBJJ World Championships:
2005 Black Belt Medium Heavy: 1st Place
2005 Black Belt Open Weight: 1st Place
2004 Black Belt Medium Heavy: 2nd Place
2004 Black Belt Open Weight: 1st Place
2003 Brown Belt Medium Heavy: 1st Place
2003 Brown Belt Open Weight: 1st Place
2002 Brown Belt Medium Heavy: 1st Place
2002 Brown Belt Open Weight: 2nd Place
2001 Purple Belt Middle: 1st Place
2001 Purple Belt Open Weight: 1st Place
CBJJ Pan American Championships:
2004Black Belt Medium Heavy: 1st Place
CBJJ European Championships:
2005 Black Belt Open Weight: 2nd Place
CBJJ Brazilian Championships:
2004 Brown Belt Medium Heavy: 1st Place
BJJ World Cup:
2005 Black belt: 2nd place
2004 Black belt: 1st place

Maia
Grappling credentials
ADCC World Submission Wrestling Championships
ADCC 2007 77–87 kg: 1st place
ADCC 2005 77–87 kg: 2nd place
CBJJ World Championships
2001 Brown Belt Medio-Pesado: 2nd Place
2000 Purple Belt Medio-Pesado: 1st Place
1999 Blue Belt Medio: 2nd Place
CBJJ Brazilian Championships
2006 Black Belt Absolute: 2nd Place
BlackBelt Medium Heavy: =3rd Place
2002 Brown Belt Medio-Pesado: =3rd Place
2001 Brown Belt Medio-Pesado: 1st Place
Brown Belt Medio-Pesado: =3rd Place
CBJJ Brazilian Team Championships
2003 Brown/Black Pesada: Master, 1st Place
2002 Brown/Black Pesada: Alliance, 2nd Place
2001 Brown/Black Pesada: Alliance, 1st Place
2000 Purple Belt Pesada: Alliance, 1st Place
CBJJO Copa Del Mundo
2005 −85 kg Black Belt: 1st Place
2003 Black Belt Meio Pesado: 3rd Place
Black Belt Absolute: 1st Place
2002 Black Belt Meio Pesado: 1st Place
Black Belt Absolute: 2nd Place

"I'm right, and to prove it go do the research for me" is a cop out. if you're right, source it please. if not for him, for me :) thanks!

Quick black belt accomplishments for both

Jacare

ADCC Submission Wrestling World Championship:
ADCC 2005 77 – 87kg: 1st Place
ADCC 2005 Openweight: 2nd Place
ADCC 2003 77 – 87kg: 2nd Place
ADCC 2003 Brazilian Qualifiers 77 – 87kg: 1st Place
CBJJ World Championships:
2005 Black Belt Open Weight: 1st Place
2004 Black Belt Medium Heavy: 2nd Place
2004Black Belt Medium Heavy: 1st Place
CBJJ European Championships:
2005 Black Belt Open Weight: 2nd Place
CBJJ Brazilian Championships:
BJJ World Cup:
2005 Black belt: 2nd place
2004 Black belt: 1st place

Maia

ADCC 2007 77–87 kg: 1st place
ADCC 2005 77–87 kg: 2nd place
CBJJ Brazilian Championships
2006 Black Belt Absolute: 2nd Place & Black Belt Medium Heavy: =3rd Place
CBJJO Copa Del Mundo
2005 −85 kg Black Belt: 1st Place
2003 Black Belt Meio Pesado: 3rd Place & Black Belt Absolute: 1st Place
2002 Black Belt Meio Pesado: 1st Place & Black Belt Absolute: 2nd Place

Jacare is a multiple time world champ, while the only time Maia really won on the biggest stage at the highest level was his ADCC win in 2007. Not only did Jacare win way more tournaments at black belt, he won the most prestigious ones as well while Maia did not.

Back