People hate on Floyd for fighting Conor , Tenshin and Paul but how do they feel about these ?

thunder and fury

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
A peak Thomas Hearns crushing an old and one eyed Sensak Muangsurin

A peak Larry Holmes vs a faded and suffering from Parkinson Ali

A peak Muhammad Ali vs old and 49 years old Archie Moore !

Those are worst matchups than a retired Floyd vs young opponents for some easy money ( albeit with terrible pure boxing skills ) two of which will be amateur or exhibition fight .

Those are worst matchups than a retired Floyd vs young opponents for some easy money ( albeit with terrible pure boxing skills ) two of which will be amateur or exhibition fight .

None of the examples you gave are in anyway related...
Saensak was a very good achievement for Hearns.
Hearns has been boxing for 2.5 years only, to KO a guy who defended his belt for the 8th time in the past year is an impressive feat. Not to mention whether he was past his prime or not, Saensak still won his following fight by easy KO too.

Even Holmes comback vs Butterbean is better than everything you named.

Last edited:

I love boxing and kickboxing but how can you compare boxers vs boxers to Floyd beating an mma fighter, beating Tenshin in a boxing exhibition instead of allow the kid to throw kicks, and... a youtuber?

I don't really see the comparison and i like Floyd.

These were all legitimate fights which actually made sense in context (even if you wish the aging fighters didn't have to take those beatings). The three Mayweather fights are sideshows which don't really have anything to do with elite, competitive boxing (two of the three aren't even professional boxing matches). They're not comparable.

Now, people being upset with Mayweather for taking these fights doesn't make sense, either. Seeing as Mayweather has been done with elite, competitive boxing for more than half a decade, I don't see any issue with him performing in what are essentially sideshows. I think it's kind of baffling why people would pay for it, but it's hard to blame Mayweather for making that kind of money for such little work.

These were all legitimate fights which actually made sense in context (even if you wish the aging fighters didn't have to take those beatings). The three Mayweather fights are sideshows which don't really have anything to do with elite, competitive boxing (two of the three aren't even professional boxing matches). They're not comparable.

Now, people being upset with Mayweather for taking these fights doesn't make sense, either. Seeing as Mayweather has been done with elite, competitive boxing for more than half a decade, I don't see any issue with him performing in what are essentially sideshows. I think it's kind of baffling why people would pay for it, but it's hard to blame Mayweather for making that kind of money for such little work.

I still haven't watched Floyd vs Conor.

Non of those are close comparable to fighting a fckin youtuber!

Floyd used the same strategy loma used against Lopez but with much better results.

I don't even need to see the fight to know that Floyd could have KO'd Conor in round 1 if he wanted, but instead chose to let the fight last longer.

No one is hating on floyd for making money in low risk/high reward endeavors.

After all, he doesn't want to be in the sequel to ESPN's "Broke".

Don't blow it. Keep it simple. Count your money.

No one is hating on floyd for making money in low risk/high reward endeavors.

After all, he doesn't want to be in the sequel to ESPN's "Broke".

Don't blow it. Keep it simple. Count your money.
i hope it blows up in his face and eventually one of these no-hopers knocks him out cold.

Boxer vs boxer is a worse matchup than boxer vs youtuber? What?

Also all of these ones you've chosen are terrible examples, there was nothing wrong with any of these fights. This is one of the worst takes I have seen in a good long time on Sherdog.

Boxer vs boxer is a worse matchup than boxer vs youtuber? What?

Also all of these ones you've chosen are terrible examples, there was nothing wrong with any of these fights. This is one of the worst takes I have seen in a good long time on Sherdog.

Yeah, this thread is kind of puzzling.

Besides other people stating the obvious that they were legitimately ranked boxers, even if past their prime

let me point out that was Hearns’ 9th fight of the year in which he fought 10 times.

Ali was Holmes 4th out of 4 fights of the year

And Archie was #6 out 6 fights Ali had that year

They didn’t steal a calendar year from us boxing fans by doing that.

if Canelo Alvarez, for example, fights some bum this year but is taking an extra 2 fights this year and at least one of them being a against a high quality opponent, it wouldn’t matter to me.

Nothing wrong with entertaining us via can crushing so long as you’re still fighting the best and not robbing yourself of prime years and robbing fans of entertainment.

What about this fight. People were mad about it at the time.

What about this fight. People were mad about it at the time.

Salka is a hard bastard. You can tell he's never been hit like that in his whole life and he got up and kept going. Warrior.

Back