People crying robbery lol

People talking about OEZDEMIR beating Jones... OEZDEMIR!!

Ah...
giphy.gif
Did you watch volkan vs Reyes? For real

Finally watched the fight and my opinion mirrors DC. Was close! 2 rounds each imo and the 2nd could go either way. Jones slipped a lot of shots.

Literally any decision including draw could have been called and I would be fine with it. Jones winning I’m ok with but immediate rematch is in order. Has to be. Side notes

-Reyes is very talented and will be champ
-Oezdemir could possibly beat Jones at this point
-Jones gets rinsed at heavyweight. Not a good move
-Jones defence is world class
-Commentary wasn’t bias. Was called well and Cruz actually behaved himself

Be happy with the decision lads, ‘‘twas a close one that could have gone either way
No. reyes won the first three rounds clearly.
Jones only beat gus and cormier due to steroids.
anytime jones wins its a black name for mma. in any other sport he would be banished for that much cheating.

No. reyes won the first three rounds clearly.
Jones only beat gus and cormier due to steroids.
anytime jones wins its a black name for mma. in any other sport he would be banished for that much cheating.
Does the same go for Overeem?

Agree with round 1 and 3 Reyes. Round 2 was pretty fucken close. Case made for both.

‘twas a close one that could have gone either way
Thats the thing though when does it ever go the other way with Jones, Gsp, Conor or any other money making machine?! This one was super important for everyone it was done right. Finally we have an interesting LHW division and we get a rematch where Jon would come out firing and Reyes defending his title with an undefeated record. Its robbed everyone including Jon's fans which they dont seem to grasp. Horrible outcome when we all thought Jon easily wins.

Thats the thing though when does it ever go the other way with Jones, Gsp, Conor or any other money making machine?! This one was super important for everyone it was done right. Finally we have an interesting LHW division and we get a rematch where Jon would come out firing and Reyes defending his title with an undefeated record. Its robbed everyone including Jon's fans which they dont seem to grasp. Horrible outcome when we all thought Jon easily wins.
So you think Reyes clearly won round 2 ?

jones is still world class, reyes was a hard test, fight was close, but the backpaddaling from reyes was too much
jones at hw is a different beast, we simply don't know how he'd perform, but i think he could do well

jones is still world class, reyes was a hard test, fight was close, but the backpaddaling from reyes was too much
jones at hw is a different beast, we simply don't know how he'd perform, but i think he could do well
I think jones gets destroyed by half the top ten. His wrestling is shot and his strikes won’t be nearly as effective due to lack of power.

Finally watched the fight and my opinion mirrors DC. Was close! 2 rounds each imo and the 2nd could go either way. Jones slipped a lot of shots.

Literally any decision including draw could have been called and I would be fine with it. Jones winning I’m ok with but immediate rematch is in order. Has to be. Side notes

Be happy with the decision lads, ‘‘twas a close one that could have gone either way
I agree with about half of what you said. Your overall take on the fight mirrors mine.

The one thing that's kind of ridiculous though is the idea that Oezdemir has any realistic chance against Jon. Oezdemir is a relatively average fighter if we're being honest. Reyes looked evenly matched with Volkan a year ago, but the man we saw on Saturday wasn't the same man we saw win that razor thin decision. Oezdemir on the other hand ooks to be more or less the same guy. Add to this the fact that he was finished by Smith and Cormier, who Jon beat the shit out of, and I don't see a path to victory other than a puncher's chance. I'd personally put money on Jon finishing him before championship rounds.

So you think Reyes clearly won round 2 ?
I had a clear 3-2 Reyes. Jones barely hurt Reyes but you could tell Jon was hurt a few times. Not one person at the bar I was at thought Jones won. The place emptied so quick lol Sydney mate. When I watched in Perth everyone would hang around despite a bad call.

Nah man, Reyes won this 3 rounds to 2. Bullshit by Joe Soliz judge, must have been paid off, what a retard to give JJ 4-1, absolute bollox. You know it, we know it and that fukking retard of a judge knows it.

Amazing thing is Reyes has had less fights in MMA as JJ has had title defences.

Is it so hard just to admit he got lucky and more often than not the guy in Jones shoes loses.

I think jones gets destroyed by half the top ten. His wrestling is shot and his strikes won’t be nearly as effective due to lack of power.
he beat up fat dc, so i think he wouldn't have a problem with the others
most of them have little to no cardio, he'd pick them apart with kicks
also jones is much faster than most and has superb defense, some wild swinging dudes wouldn't achieve much
some are tough fights for sure, like stipe, who is also strong in wrestling and is a big guy

I agree with about half of what you said. Your overall take on the fight mirrors mine.

The one thing that's kind of ridiculous though is the idea that Oezdemir has any realistic chance against Jon. Oezdemir is a relatively average fighter if we're being honest. Reyes looked evenly matched with Volkan a year ago, but the man we saw on Saturday wasn't the same man we saw win that razor thin decision. Oezdemir on the other hand ooks to be more or less the same guy. Add to this the fact that he was finished by Smith and Cormier, who Jon beat the shit out of, and I don't see a path to victory other than a puncher's chance. I'd personally put money on Jon finishing him before championship rounds.
Respectfully disagree on ozdemir but fair enough. I reckon he would have a good shot, crazy I know.

Oezdemir has also improved his take down defence immensly, plus he's got one punch knock out power. Rewatch Oezdemir's match against Illir Latifi, who failed to take him down numerous times. Compare that to how Latifi took down Blackbeast numerous times just yesterday. Oezdemir could well cause problems to both Reyes and Jones.

Respectfully disagree on ozdemir but fair enough. I reckon he would have a good shot, crazy I know.
That would be wild. Assuming Jon's stilll champion if they were to fight, a crazy upset like that, which would probaby require a knockout by Oezdemir, would immediately be run back. I think him the idea of him beating Jon twice is really, really stretching it.

Overall though, I attribute the closeness of the fight to Reyes, whereas I attribute the closeness of the Santos fight to Jon's inactivity. Dominick was an absolute beast, and proved to be one of the scariest competitors Jon's ever faced. Still, we did see a lot unbelievable technical moves from Jon, particularly defensive oness, and he managed to come alive and take over the fight when it mattered the most. To me, that's still pretty high level shit from a guy people are now calling washed up.

Every single one of you crying bloody fucking murder about this being a robbery are ridiculous.

Regardless, Reyes shouldn't even be here fighting Jones. He got a gift decision win over Volkan, which I didn't hear most of you bitch about because none of you gave a shit about Dominick at the time.

What do you mean by roids is still goat? How could roids be goat?
Well he did destroyed all those Brazilians cheaters and after USADA come only Nunes champion left lol

I felt similar as I did after the Santos fight.

2-3 Reyes, don’t overcomplicate things.
I thought it was a boring fight btw.
Hopefully Jones goes to HW and gets KO’ed stiff by Stipe or Ngannou.
Boring? Interesting. It isn't exactly a fight is like to watch unfold again but I thought it was exciting live

Back