People claim that Islam is a religion of Conquest.Why is it that Christian Nations do most conquest?

Religion was still used in justifying how superior they were.

Again these were people who were raised under Christian beliefs, who were spreading Christianity.....yet they were conquerers/killers....

Christianity was part of it, this can't be denied.
absolutely, but the problem for you is you need to connect Christian dogma to these crimes as opposed to just greedy people justifying their aims. I can give you plenty of quranic dogma which supports Islamic conquest for example.

You then need to link said dogma to our current political situation, using hard evidence. Good luck!

Islamic countries do not do much conquest because they are pretty much powerless and have been left behind scientifically. .
They conquired not only the north africa countries that used to be christans but India as well and Spain, too. And I don't count the mongols, that were part Islamic.

I get what you're saying but those leaders weren't expanding for religious reasons, manifest destiny included. Religion may have been used to justify it but it wasn't the primary reason for it. The spreading of Christianity was a side affect.
Call it a side effect, Christianity was in the middle of it.

So 3/4ths are against Sharia law.

You do know that the descendants of immigrants change more thru generation, right?..Wait 30 years and they will be more westernized.

There is nothing to panic about...the fact that people think this is a serious problem, is laughable.

It's entirely possible you are right. But it's tough to predict the future. I hope you are right, I really do. But the problem is the holy book (doctrine) will create more "radicals" because it is fundamental to Islamic belief.

"Liberal-minded Muslims have been saying for some time that our live-and-let-live attitudes have allowed a climate to grow in which extremist ideas have flourished within Britain's Muslim communities. Our politicians have tried to reassure us that only a tiny minority hold dangerous views."-
former head of Britain's Equality and Human Rights Commission (who used to hold your position by the way)

A constitution you say? Like the kind that makes this country specifically not a Christian nation?

It's not specifically a Christian nation...but no doubt thay the Christian leaders have a direct influence on the country...so far they have been pro conquest/genocide.

Call it a side effect, Christianity was in the middle of it.
Bullshit, they weren't doing it in the name of Christianity. The leaders just so happened to be Christian. To show the fallacy of your reasoning, try replacing "Whites" and see if your reasoning still stands as it was done under Bush.

ISIS does not have the means, that is not yet, since the United States has founded extremist before.

ISIS is a product of American Conquest....If the united States hadn't conquered Iraq, ISIS wouldn't have existed.

So yes Christian Nation Conquest is the real reason for ISIS.

Bull shit, that area of the world has been shit and at war for long before there was a US.

And if you want to go back in time the Muslims marched west first.

The only time there was peace (of a kind anyway) was when western dictators were in charge and supported by the west to keep them from killing everyone that did not worship their religion in their particular way. Muslims have killed more Muslims then anyone else.

The west did and does have their own reason to try and keep that area from exploding in war every day but the kindler gentler way or the conversion to democracy that was put forth by the west was and will be a total failure. You cannot force people into the 21 century they have to want to be there themselves. The best you can do is help them if they want it and contain their crazy shit until they do.

Yes the west has made stupid mistakes and made stupid decision trying to help stabilize that area and in some cases done stupid shit because of greed but any idea that if the west never interfered in that area it would be peaceful is just plain dumb.

So we actually have a poster on here that thinks that ISIS (and radical Islam) is OK because of the 16 and 17 century conquest of western nations.

You are making excuses for a religion that still believes that convergence by force is excitable and dark age laws are the way to go.

Some liberals (if that is what you are) idea of suicide is just crazy.

You are among the first they are going to throw off the building if they become the majority any place you are.
I never said Isis and radical Islam is ok.

I simply said why are you guys freaking out about Islam being conquerers when the Christian nations have been the biggest conquerers for the past 500 years.

because, as much as the want to conquer, their stone age mentality left them in stone age technologically. if the world wanted to get rid of them, it could do so rather easiely with conventional weapons despite their size.

So 3/4ths are against Sharia law.

You do know that the descendants of immigrants change more thru generation, right?..Wait 30 years and they will be more westernized.

There is nothing to panic about...the fact that people think this is a serious problem, is laughable.

It also says 34% are suicide bombing sympathizers. What's 34% of 5 million? 1.7 million? You don't think 1.7 million million people that believe suicide bombing is OK is a problem?

I'll tell you what, if you feel that's fine, go live in Afghanistan. I'd like to preserve what we have here. But be my guest, go see how you like it.

But you just said Christian Leaders are all about genocide and conquest. His quote contradicts what you just said.
I said majority Christians...A majority of Christians arnt like the Pope.

They want blood, conquest, and genocide...just look at history of the Christian nations.

I never said Isis and radical Islam is ok.

I simply said why are you guys freaking out about Islam being conquerers when the Christian nations have been the biggest conquerers for the past 500 years.

Because if they take over the world will regress 500 years into a new dark age with nuclear weapons that will most likely end up being used by one side that doesn't like the way the other worships in the same religion.

So best case if these people conquer is the world goes back into the dark ages and worst case is we go back into the stone age after the nuclear winter.

They want blood, conquest, and genocide...just look at history of the Christian nations.

You keep saying that like you believe it to be true. Look, the leaders of this country over the last 500 years also believe in gravity, do you point the conquest as a result a result of the understanding of basic physics?

“The Government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion.”
~1797 Treaty of Tripoli signed by Founding Father John Adams

absolutely, but the problem for you is you need to connect Christian dogma to these crimes as opposed to just greedy people justifying their aims. I can give you plenty of quranic dogma which supports Islamic conquest for example.

You then need to link said dogma to our current political situation, using hard evidence. Good luck!

Here's the thing the results speak for themselves.

Christians used religion in destroying the Americas.

Just because Jesus wouldn't domlne that, doesn't mean it didn't happen, doesn't mean Christianity is excused.

My point is quite clear Christians have not showed to be more peaceful than these conquering Muslims.

The creation Israel is the perfect example of religious dogma that influenced policy....and it's a big problem of conflict.

Because if they take over the world will regress 500 years into a new dark age with nuclear weapons that will most likely end up being used by one side that doesn't like the way the other worships in the same religion.

So best case if these people conquer is the world goes back into the dark ages and worst case is we go back into the stone age after the nuclear winter.

This should be obvious to anyone paying attention. If we continue in the direction we are heading, perhaps we don't deserve to exist as a species.

who are these bloodthirsty Christians exactly? do you have anything aside from delusions to offer?

Here's the thing the results speak for themselves.

Christians used religion in destroying the Americas.

Just because Jesus wouldn't domlne that, doesn't mean it didn't happen, doesn't mean Christianity is excused.

My point is quite clear Christians have not showed to be more peaceful than these conquering Muslims.

The creation Israel is the perfect example of religious dogma that influenced policy....and it's a big problem of conflict.
so no evidence at all then. how Marxist of you. Also, Israel is fantastic, only place in the middle east I'd consider living

It's entirely possible you are right. But it's tough to predict the future. I hope you are right, I really do. But the problem is the holy book (doctrine) will create more "radicals" because it is fundamental to Islamic belief.

"Liberal-minded Muslims have been saying for some time that our live-and-let-live attitudes have allowed a climate to grow in which extremist ideas have flourished within Britain's Muslim communities. Our politicians have tried to reassure us that only a tiny minority hold dangerous views."-
former head of Britain's Equality and Human Rights Commission (who used to hold your position by the way)

Islam has huge problems that they need to address but let's be honest, the United States actions along with its allies have been a prime motivator in radical Islam.

You blame the religious text, when the United States is more to blame.

I'm going to throw Pascal's Wager in this, since I think this is a reasonable time to use it.

What happens if we are wrong? The end of western civilization, modern science, humanity as we know it?

What happens if you're wrong? Nothing. Immigrants will be forced to fix their own country.

going to add in something I posted previously since you ignored it. "It also says 34% are suicide bombing sympathizers. What's 34% of 5 million? 1.7 million? You don't think 1.7 million million people that believe suicide bombing is OK is a problem?

I'll tell you what, if you feel that's fine, go live in Afghanistan. I'd like to preserve what we have here. But be my guest, go see how you like it."

Bullshit, they weren't doing it in the name of Christianity. The leaders just so happened to be Christian. To show the fallacy of your reasoning, try replacing "Whites" and see if your reasoning still stands as it was done under Bush.
They weren't setting up missions, forcing people to be Christians, and killed if they disagreed.......all because of Christianity?

Really is that what you truly believe?

Back