People claim that Islam is a religion of Conquest.Why is it that Christian Nations do most conquest?

Leroy Jenkins

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also - Jesus

So I keep hearing this notion that Islam wants to conquer the world, that they are a religion of conquest because Muhammad was a conqueror. Yet if you look at the last 500 years, I don't see it on the scale of Christianity.

From the top of the head, we already seen Spain conquer the Americas, in the name of Jesus. We seen Britain Conquer a shitload part of the world, again another Christian country. We seen Africa be conquered by multiple European Christian nations.

We even saw the United States, a primary christian nation conquer the Native Americans. Lets not forget the Empire the United States/Euro nations have right now, basically calling the shots around the world...Specifically Latin America in the last 60 years, disrupting governments and putting people who agree with American Policy.

So now we have ISIS and people suddenly freak out about conquest, yet I never seen this same people point a finger to the United States/European Nations, I never seen them address these Christian countries.

Whats more amazing is that Jesus himself said to turn the cheek, yet I see so call right wing Christians asking to respond to violence with violence, and kill terrorist family members.

Kind of odd, that the Religion with a Conquer as the leader has done the least conquest these past 500 years.....Really makes you think, doesn't it?

Last edited:
That's because they can't nowadays

Islamic countries do not do much conquest because they are pretty much powerless and have been left behind scientifically. Currently, they can only practise their conquering ideology within their own countries, which see plenty of civil unrest. The previous Islamic empires did plenty of conquering, back when they were a force to be reckoned with.

Let's put it this way, would you prefer that the West calls the shots, or that the Middle East calls the shots? One way or the other, someone's going to. I think the world has done pretty good, overall, with the Western civilization calling the shots.

Islamic countries do not do much conquest because they are pretty much powerless and have been left behind scientifically. Currently, they can only practise their conquering ideology within their own countries, which see plenty of civil unrest. The previous Islamic empires did plenty of conquering, back when they were a force to be reckoned with.

Let's put it this way, would you prefer that the West calls the shots, or that the Middle East calls the shots? One way or the other, someone's going to. I think the world has done pretty good, overall, with the Western civilization calling the shots.

Tell that to Latin America / Africa after being exploited and destroyed by the Peaceful Christian Countries.

What I don't get is, Jesus literally says to turn the other cheek, yet here they are conquering countries and making people suffer....How does the right wing even justify this?

TBH the right wing seems like they should be with the religion of the conqueror.

Tell that to Latin America / Africa after being exploited and destroyed by the Peaceful Christian Countries.

What I don't get is, Jesus literally says to turn the other cheek, yet here they are conquering countries and making people suffer....How does the right wing even justify this?

TBH the right wing seems like they should be with the religion of the conqueror.

Destroyed? There weren't even any real Latin American or African countries in the first place, before the Christians "conquered" them.

Did you know that when the conquistadors brought down the Aztecs, all of the neighbouring tribes joined the conquistadors in bringing down the oppressive regime of the Aztecs? It is not as black and white as Europeans "destroying" Latin America or Africa.

Latin American and Africa still seem to exist, with certainly higher levels of technology, health care, government, education, infrastructure in general, than they possessed before the Christians ever touched them, so obviously not everything could've gone wrong.

Why is the comparison restricted to a limited time line, versus the entirety of years since both religions have been around? Why not compare the first 500 years after Islam appeared?

Your op reeks of agenda driven trolling. Fail.

But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also - Jesus
Betcha you have no idea what Jesus means there.

So I keep hearing this notion that Islam wants to conquer the world, that they are a religion of conquest because Muhammad was a conqueror.
...and because Muslims have consistently waged war against every fucking one for the last 1400 years like their religion commands.

Destroyed? There weren't even any real Latin American or African countries in the first place, before the Christians "conquered" them.

Did you know that when the conquistadors brought down the Aztecs, all of the neighbouring tribes joined the conquistadors in bringing down the oppressive regime of the Aztecs? It is not as black and white as Europeans "destroying" Latin America or Africa.

Latin American and Africa still seem to exist, with certainly higher levels of technology, health care, government, infrastructure in general, than they possessed before the Christians ever touched them.

There was civilizations in America and Africa.

Did you know the Conquistadors fucked those indigenous civilizations as well, even if they helped?

I wasn't just talking about the original conquest. Again this thread is about conquest, not the columbian exchange(Spain got a great deal, gold and lots of it).

I was also talking about very recently, like interfering with Latin American affairs and putting dictators/killers as head of government.

69264690.jpg

crusadebattlearea.jpg

Because Christians developed the means of traveling to the new world first. You think muslims wouldn't have done the same thing?

There was civilizations in America and Africa.

Did you know the Conquistadors fucked those indigenous civilizations as well, even if they helped?

I wasn't just talking about the original conquest. Again this thread is about conquest, not the columbian exchange(Spain got a great deal, gold and lots of it).

I was also talking about very recently, like interfering with Latin American affairs and putting dictators/killers as head of government.

This had nothing to do with Christianity, these events were caused by the Cold War, communism vs capitalism. On one hand, you had the Soviets funding the communists, while the Americans were funding the opposition.

Either way, the Latin American countries were going to be screwed, much like all the countries in other continents which saw instability including European or Asian or African countries. Latin-American countries, by the way, at that time were mostly Christian, so it's not like this was a case of big, bad Christians conquering indigenous folk. Again, Christianity had nothing to do with it. It has had very little to do with Western politics for the past century.

So I keep hearing this notion that Islam wants to conquer the world, that they are a religion of conquest because Muhammad was a conqueror. Yet if you look at the last 500 years, I don't see it on the scale of Christianity.

From the top of the head, we already seen Spain conquer the Americas, in the name of Jesus. We seen Britain Conquer a shitload part of the world, again another Christian country. We seen Africa be conquered by multiple European Christian nations.

We even saw the United States, a primary christian nation conquer the Native Americans. Lets not forget the Empire the United States/Euro nations have right now, basically calling the shots around the world...Specifically Latin America in the last 60 years, disrupting governments and putting people who agree with American Policy.

So now we have ISIS and people suddenly freak out about conquest, yet I never seen this same people point a finger to the United States/European Nations, I never seen them address these Christian countries.

Whats more amazing is that Jesus himself said to turn the cheek, yet I see so call right wing Christians asking to respond to violence with violence, and kill terrorist family members.

Kind of odd, that the Religion with a Conquer as the leader has done the least conquest these past 500 years.....Really makes you think, doesn't it?
"Do" is an active/present term. Christian conquest is done. The age of conquest is over.

I wasn't aware of Muslim conquests or Crusader battles in the new world.

Im talking about conquest.

Do you deny that Spain who was backed by the church...Didn't conquer the Americas?

Do any that the United States, another christian nation, didn't conquer the Native Americans and religion was in large part a reason why the Americans felt superior thus manifest destiny happened?

Because Christians developed the means of traveling to the new world first. You think muslims wouldn't have done the same thing?

Maybe they would've, I have no idea. All I know is the Christians did indeed conquer and have been conquering a lot these last 500 years.

Yet I don't see anybody talking about the conquest of the Christian nations.

This had nothing to do with Christianity, these events were caused by the Cold War, communism vs capitalism. On one hand, you had the Soviets funding the communists, while the Americans were funding the opposition.

Either way, the Latin American countries were going to be screwed, much like all the countries in other continents which saw instability including European or Asian or African countries. Latin-American countries, by the way, at that time were mostly Christian, so it's not like this was a case of big, bad Christians conquering indigenous folk. Again, Christianity had nothing to do with it. It has had very little to do with Western politics for the past century.

Yeah they were christian because they got conquered by Christians centuries ago.

Here's the point, the United States(A christian nation), was playing god in Latin American politics, go against what the people in those countries wanted. They were a typical empire, yet I don't see people even mentioning this fact.

It's just odd to me how people are part of the biggest manipulator/conqueror in the Modern World yet freak out over Islam....It boggles the mind, the huge double standard.

Maybe they would've, I have no idea. All I know is the Christians did indeed conquer and have been conquering a lot these last 500 years.

Yet I don't see anybody talking about the conquest of the Christian nations.
Both religions suck but Islam is sucking a lot more nowadays. Agree?

Betcha you have no idea what Jesus means there.

...and because Muslims have consistently waged war against every fucking one for the last 1400 years like their religion commands.

Please tell me how Jesus was pro capatalism/pro war/pro right wing.......I wanna hear your awesome analysis on Jesus is not the hippie, people think he is.

Leroy =Still your boy

Gotta be. There can't be that many whiny, contrarian libtards joining Sherdog for the first time.

B-b-but the crusades!/10

Back