People blinded by UFC media hype over Till

Ronda vs Bethe was the worst. Three years later, Correia still doesn't have a single top 10 win (arguably no top 15 wins either).

What's wrong with getting a title shot from beating the champ's bum, club fighter friends?

Does The UFC hype, or even promote, anyone anymore?

Honestly, I never see anything these days.

Last edited:
What's wrong with getting a title shot from beating the champ's bum, club fighter friends?

Imagine if all the guys that beat Artem had a legit claim at fighting Conor. Dude would have his whole fight schedule booked for the next decade.

How the hell has it been overlooked that Till has NEVER faced anyone with half-decent wrestling while being a full striker? Woodley is going to make it so extremely one-sided that people will dismiss Till harder than Ngannou after the fight.

Anybody want to bet a forum account over this?

Yeah I'm game - but you're only a blue belt. You gotta up the difference with some cash homie.

i dont see anything special tbh he beat cerrone and thompson was a weird fight with two DNB's standing around for 25 mins

7tf7h7mbjuoy.jpg

Woodley doesnt fight like we know he can. He fought Lawler the way he did because he was long time sparring partners with the man. He knew he could beat Robbie, knows he likes to start slow and Tyron went in for the early kill catching him off guard and slept the fella. Since that fight he has been against the fence trying to be a counter striker. Playing the "come get me if you want my belt" which technically is how the game is played (when champ) but its just not pleasing to the eye. Which is why Tyron is now known as a boring fighter. I see Till doing what Woodley did to Lawler. Woodley is strong but Till is a natural LHW. Man is huge with power. Tyrons been put to bed by Nate Marquardt so its not like we havent seen Tyron fall before.

We cant compare neither Woodley or TILL vs WonderBoy because both men fought him the same way and were victorious, took Till one fight to make it definitive as Woodley needed two to make it clear he was the better man.

Like I said before in a ealier post if Demian Maia was able to land his mediocre not so powerful strikes on Tyron which were very few though ineffective...they LANDED ...Till just needs to land once his power made a man like Cerrone break and Wonder Boy was dropped as well by Till. Should be a good fight either way.

Woodley actually backs up to the fence because it's 101 for his folk wrestling. If they clinch, he turns them in he cage. If they try to take him down, he's got the cage to lean on. And when he attacks it's not counter punching, he threatens you with an overhand, takedown or leg kick. Pick wrong and you are getting hurt or losing points. He doesn't wait for you, nor throw when you throw. He waits because he needs you to react wrong.

It's easy to discredit Woodley when you see master tacticians like Rory pick him apart with multiple feints, or you see him get bullied on the fence by marquadt.

What you must factor in is marquadt is a much much bigger guy, so he just smothered him against the cage until the knockout, and Rory has the wrestling and footwork to avoid takedowns. Rory was throwing kicks at Woodley and woodley couldn't take him down.

Till might beat him like Rory did, but if he gets impatient and pushes too hard, he will find himself on his back. Also because he is more susceptible to the takedown than Rory, I could see him reacting to a level change and eating an overhand. I'll be amazed if he can win the fight through pressure. That purely depends on his TDD

Till might beat him like Rory did
woodley has improved in leaps and bounds since the rory days.look what he did to lawler,who destroyed rorys facial structure .I see Till getting badly hurt in this one ty-ron is going for the kill,full beast mode

woodley has improved in leaps and bounds since the rory days.look what he did to lawler,who destroyed rorys facial structure .I see Till getting badly hurt in this one ty-ron is going for the kill,full beast mode

Yeh I agree man. I like till but since Woodley really started chaining his leg kicks into his flurries off the cage, he has a lot of ways to hurt people. I will be really impressed if Till can win here. I can see till getting to confident because Woodley backs up, and Woodley fi wishing him in the first few exchanges

Imagine if all the guys that beat Artem had a legit claim at fighting Conor. Dude would have his whole fight schedule booked for the next decade.

Sure. Was going for a bit of sarcasm and a little criticism of Ronda's "streak."

Woodley actually backs up to the fence because it's 101 for his folk wrestling. If they clinch, he turns them in he cage. If they try to take him down, he's got the cage to lean on. And when he attacks it's not counter punching, he threatens you with an overhand, takedown or leg kick. Pick wrong and you are getting hurt or losing points. He doesn't wait for you, nor throw when you throw. He waits because he needs you to react wrong.

It's easy to discredit Woodley when you see master tacticians like Rory pick him apart with multiple feints, or you see him get bullied on the fence by marquadt.

What you must factor in is marquadt is a much much bigger guy, so he just smothered him against the cage until the knockout, and Rory has the wrestling and footwork to avoid takedowns. Rory was throwing kicks at Woodley and woodley couldn't take him down.

Till might beat him like Rory did, but if he gets impatient and pushes too hard, he will find himself on his back. Also because he is more susceptible to the takedown than Rory, I could see him reacting to a level change and eating an overhand. I'll be amazed if he can win the fight through pressure. That purely depends on his TDD
I can respect that assessment. You make valid points

Left straight and some bows is all this dude has. Dude doesn’t have the leg strength to grapple with Woodley. Not a real #1 contender in WW plus with afternoon weigh-ins this dude is gunna be depleted as shit. This the real reason Tyrone refuses Usman or dismisses Colby is because they would give him a harder time and have longer gas tanks

Haven’t seen Woodley so excited to fight an opponent. This Till W will make him look good and at the end of the night Tills fatass gunna be sitting post confrence with a dozen donuts in hand “I dun kno wut to say I guess you got ta give it to the champ dats why he is what he is but he could never beat me at Middleweight and thats wher I beelong”

Last edited:
People weren't really rating Dan Hardys chances though, at least from what I can remember.

After Pasta Matt, anything w/ hands had a chance against GSP, till Condit blasted him in the dome w/ that kick.

I'm against Till... but this is BS. Till had a broken shoulder on this one, you can see it on the fight, he didnt throw a single punch.

But, imo, Wonderboy already beat Till and Woodley already beat Wonderboy, so easy math. MMA math usually doesn't work but WB and Till are both excellent strikers.
Wonderboy did almost no damage that entire fight and if you can actually slow down the footage you’ll see that most of the snap backs of tills head are preemptive not a result of the punches. He shows superb defense and dropped Wonderboy while taking almost no damage.

I would be shocked if Woodley attempted more than 1-2 takedowns here... that's not his game any more. He'll try to keep his back to the cage, circle and dart in with combos to eke out rounds. Till will gas by the 3rd

Woodley 49-46

Ok, who lost their account?

Back