People bash Conor for not defending his belt, but

Lawblaw

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Well obviously Edgar was offered Conor when RDA pulled out because he was the number 1 contender but he didn't take the fight (said due to injury).

So you can look at it that Conor is an active fighter and wanted to fight less than 3 months after his Aldo fight. Edgar wasn't ready. Aldo also refused to fight him (not to mention that he just KO'd him in 13 seconds and the fight made no sense). So Conor went for the tougher fight in the heavier weight class, and his opponent still pulled out. He fought another man on short notice and lost.

How can you bash him for taking the fight? Or do you bash him because he would rather rematch Nate Diaz who beat him at 170 than rematching Jose Aldo who he beat in 13 seconds after a year of press conferences and staredowns?

He was offered Conor at 155, not for the belt. Conor still wouldn't have been defending his belt

Christ TS.....I have a suggestion for you:

godfather-man-o.gif

People want to bash... and so they will find a reason to bash.

He was offered Conor at 155, not for the belt. Conor still wouldn't have been defending his belt
So you're saying he didn't take the fight because it wasn't for the belt? The point is he was injured and couldn't fight anyway

So you're saying he didn't take the fight because it wasn't for the belt? The point is he was injured and couldn't fight anyway
He didn't take his promised title shot against the champ with no belt on the line. No doubts he was injured, but taking a short notice fight against a guy who is naturally much bigger than you, in a completely different weight division, and also not for a title shot doesn't even make sense.

Instead of defending, he immediately tried to challenge for the lightweight belt. Okay, fine. I think you should defend a belt at least once before you go trying to be a multi-weight champ but whatever. Then he loses to Diaz and is granted an immediate rematch because, let's be honest here, the UFC thought the wrong guy won. So now he's taking a second straight fight outside his weightclass because his ego took a blow. It's been almost eight months, he's not injured, and he hasn't even been scheduled to defend his belt.

I don't think no one bashed him for fighting RDA. We all wanted to see that shit.

I got a bit annoyed when they set up the pointless Diaz rematch but as the fight is getting closer, im starting to like it.

What he's saying is that it doesn't matter. Even if Edgar would've taken the fight injured it wouldn't have been for the belt, because the only belt Conor intended to defend was the McGregor-belt... which he lost, funnily enough.

Even if conor hadnt lost they would be finding someway to hate on him, to make there own pathetic little lives a bit more bearable

What he's saying is that it doesn't matter. Even if Edgar would've taken the fight injured it wouldn't have been for the belt, because the only belt Conor intended to defend was the McGregor-belt... which he lost, funnily enough.
But this doesn't matter. With Aldo and Edgar not able/willing to fight, there was no obvious challenger to defend the belt against. Once RDA pulled out, Conor's options were Diaz, some other LW, or wait until the FW contenders got their act together.

But this doesn't matter. With Aldo and Edgar not able/willing to fight, there was no obvious challenger to defend the belt against. Once RDA pulled out, Conor's options were Diaz, some other LW, or wait until the FW contenders got their act together.

Yeah, because he wasnt intending to the defend the belt against obvious challengers... how is that difficult for you?

Instead of defending, he immediately tried to challenge for the lightweight belt. Okay, fine. I think you should defend a belt at least once before you go trying to be a multi-weight champ but whatever. Then he loses to Diaz and is granted an immediate rematch because, let's be honest here, the UFC thought the wrong guy won. So now he's taking a second straight fight outside his weightclass because his ego took a blow. It's been almost eight months, he's not injured, and he hasn't even been scheduled to defend his belt.

I want him to lose, just so we can move on from this all. If he wins, we'll see a rubber match and I'd assume both Nate and Conor would want that sooner rather than later.

Yeah, because he wasnt intending to the defend the belt against obvious challengers... how is that difficult for you?
Which FW should Conor have fought after RDA backed out?

Conor's last fight was a loss.

I see the logic in wanting to avenge that loss before defending again.

I hope he can pull it off.

You have to admit that it was pretty goddamn ridiculous when they originally booked a FW interm title fight on the same card that the FW champ was fighting on.

Back