people are very high on Dan Hooker right now but I can't see him beating Barboza

• Thread starter Deleted member 512089
  • Start date
I think Edson will win. He's recently moved to ATT, so it will be interesting to see what kind of changes he has made, and whether he will be trying out a slightly new style during the fight. I think Barboza wins a competitive but clear decision.

well we've seen him knocked out by a jab and straight whooped by Jamie Varner before, he's turning 33 and relies on reflexes, not great boxing, I think it's like 50/50 but if it comes down to testing both of their chins, Hooker KOs him

Cerrone showed that good hands can be Barboza downfall. And Dan Hooker has that on spades.

Boza one of my absolute favs since he came into the show, but that dude has lost some crazy matches that were his for the taking.

Hooker been killing it lately, like hes hitting his zone.

So like usual, heart with Boza, money on Hookers, ahem sorry, Hooker

bad matchup for dan. he’s a tough guy but idk if he’s fast enough to catch barboza. i think barboza wins a decision.

Barboza needs room to use his kick game. Once he's pressured he is way less of a fighter. I seriously doubt you will see Hooker stand out at range so Edson can get his kicks going.

I haven't seen really savvy defense from Hooker as he tend to stand in front of his opponents and doesn't always move his head very well, even during some of his finishes he'll eat 3-4 punches as the other fighter is charging straight in. The only other person he's fought that is an outstanding kicker is Yair and he dropped that decision. The guys he's finished with strikes also don't move well and aren't really known for their footwork.

This fight is going to look a lot like Barboza v. Pettis.

Leg kicks will not be the deciding factor in this fight. Barboza gonna be fighting off the back foot. Hookers too tough imo

A moment of silence for Dan Hooker's beaten and broken body .

Barboza bros rejoice and blaze one for the Just Bleed God.

Last edited:
You called it man but I don't think anybody expected that.

Fuck....just choke me out bro.

Dude aint gonna be right for at least a month

I actually thought that Hooker would have something for Barboza.

Barboza is the ultimate elite-level gatekeeper. If he weren't in such an insanely stacked division, he would have had multiple title shots by now.

They're not the same level of fighter in my opinion. Barboza will kill his legs and get him with a high kick at some point I think.

I'm impressed with Hooker don't get me wrong but the fact that Barboza has lost two in a row against the two best wrestlers in the division shouldn't cloud your judgment on how he's going to fare against somebody who's mostly a striker in the hangman. He won't have to worry about a takedown and will be able to unleash his full arsenal of kicks.

Change my mind if you think I'm wrong I'm curious to see what you guys think of it.
<mma4>

I’ll eat some crow, even tho I didn’t post in this thread in particular, I was selling Edson short, I felt those beatdowns from Lee and Khabib would’ve ruined him but he looked good tonight. Vicious body shots.

Dan Hooker reached his ceiling vs. Barboza and hit his head. What gameplan did he have? Did he think he and Israel were going to wreck everyone easily?

Back