people are very high on Dan Hooker right now but I can't see him beating Barboza

• Thread starter Deleted member 512089
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 512089

They're not the same level of fighter in my opinion. Barboza will kill his legs and get him with a high kick at some point I think.

I'm impressed with Hooker don't get me wrong but the fact that Barboza has lost two in a row against the two best wrestlers in the division shouldn't cloud your judgment on how he's going to fare against somebody who's mostly a striker in the hangman. He won't have to worry about a takedown and will be able to unleash his full arsenal of kicks.

Change my mind if you think I'm wrong I'm curious to see what you guys think of it.

I like em both. Barboza is one of my favorite fighters to watch... BUT... the dude gets beatdown mentally way too much.

Its a fireworks fight but I'm leaning Hooker.

th

They're not the same level of fighter in my opinion. Barboza will kill his legs and get him with a high kick at some point I think.

I'm impressed with Hooker don't get me wrong but the fact that Barboza has lost two in a row against the two best wrestlers in the division shouldn't cloud your judgment on how he's going to fare against somebody who's mostly a striker in the hangman. He won't have to worry about a takedown and will be able to unleash his full arsenal of kicks.

Change my mind if you think I'm wrong I'm curious to see what you guys think of it.

upload_2018-12-13_17-12-29.jpeg
upload_2018-12-13_17-13-0.jpeg

If Hooker's Kiwi level of wrasslin isn't up to par then he's going to be eating kicks all night long. I really like Barboza in this fight.

The blueprint for beating Edson was discovered long ago. Edson doesn't like to fight off his back foot so fighters pressure him to stop his kick game. I would expect you will see Hooker coming forward, pressuring, and fighting mostly at punch range, not at kick range and at some point he likely KO's or Sub's Barboza.

If Hooker's Kiwi level of wrasslin isn't up to par then he's going to be eating kicks all night long. I really like Barboza in this fight.

Barboza needs room to use his kick game. Once he's pressured he is way less of a fighter. I seriously doubt you will see Hooker stand out at range so Edson can get his kicks going.

I definitely see Barboza getting the W this weekend.

Honestly I haven't seen too much of Hooker but I agree with this assessment. Barboza is also a significant step up in competition for him.

This could be Hooker's "breakout fight". I think he'll pressure forward and Barboza will fold mentally before Hooker does. Hooker has a 94% finish rate, finishing all 7 of his UFC victories.

This could be Hooker's "breakout fight". I think he'll pressure forward and Barboza will fold mentally before Hooker does. Hooker has a 94% finish rate, finishing all 7 of his UFC victories.

Barring a flashy well timed wheel kick, Hooker is going to finish Barboza.

Did you watch his complete LW run? I mean, i can't imagine someone actually seeing Dan fight and just going "meh, he can't hang with top strikers", he's very good and Barboza's striking is flawed, has always been, that sums up this fight pretty well to me. Both can win.

i think hooker finishes him tbh, unless barboza lands a perfect body kick i think hooker will be too tough and walk through everything and hurt barboza, maybe catch a sub after he hurts him.

Barboza has taken some beatings.

If Hooker fights smart he can beat him.
It will be boring but he can beat him.

The blueprint for beating Edson was discovered long ago. Edson doesn't like to fight off his back foot so fighters pressure him to stop his kick game. I would expect you will see Hooker coming forward, pressuring, and fighting mostly at punch range, not at kick range and at some point he likely KO's or Sub's Barboza.
The thing is you could make the argument that everyone Barboza fights knows the blueprint and tries to pressure. Gilbert, Dariush, Green, Felder etc all came forward hard to stuff the kicks.

Ferguson is the best pressure fighter in the game and even with the aid of a cheap shot he had to weather a lot of adversity.

The thing is you could make the argument that everyone Barboza fights knows the blueprint and tries to pressure. Gilbert, Dariush, Green, Felder etc all came forward hard to stuff the kicks.

Ferguson is the best pressure fighter in the game and even with the aid of a cheap shot he had to weather a lot of adversity.

Its a fight that could definitely go either way.

Giblert*
haha jk I think Hooker's durability and power makes the difference here

Back