People are underestimating Ronda

** Don't insult Hendo's CHIN w/ a rousey chin **

Rousey has a terrible chin. It was her ego that kept her up in that fight.

Once rousey gets rocked, she'll not have that ego anymore to back her.

How does a person's ego keep them from being KO'd?

Nunes' last 3 losses are to opponents Ronda finished in the 1st round. The combined total time is less than a minute.

The MMA math cannot be denied.
Nunes' last loss was two years ago and she almost finished that fight in the first round. Cat is obviously a lot more durable than Ronda. Also, Nunes destroyed Tate very quickly who choked out Holly (and didn't get even close to being TKO'd by her - and Tate stood up to Rousey on the feet just fine) who KO'd Rousey. Not all of the MMAth is in Ronda's favor, for sure.

="Wayweary, post: 125357355, member: 393659"at is obviously a lot more durable than Ronda.
That was a stupid thing you posted.

Rousey has a good chin,she took a lot of hard shots. It was a kick she didnt see that did her in.
Holly's shots aren't that hard by all appearances; Ronda's chin is just that bad and she was walking right into them. All of those shots were hurting her, though; the kick just finished her off because she had been rocked several times. Even in her own words, she was rocked by Holly's first punch and was never the same for the rest of the fight. That's a terrible chin. I think even Tate got her attention pretty good and stunned her somewhat on some of the punches she landed on Rousey and that was before Tate really even concentrated that much on her striking as she did on her last successful title run, when her striking was regarded with almost unadulterated mockery.

That was a stupid thing you posted.
No, it's absolutely true. Look at the way Ronda's chin stood up against Holly. In her own words, she was hurt by the first punch and was on queer street for the rest of the fight. Holly is not a power puncher by any stretch. Nunes on the other hand is very heavy handed and she landed some bombs on Cat in that fight. Ronda would have been a crumpled mass by the end of the first round for sure if Nunes had done to her what she did to Cat.

Holly's shots aren't that hard by all appearances; Ronda's chin is just that bad and she was walking right into them. All of those shots were hurting her, though; the kick just finished her off because she had been rocked several times. Even in her own words, she was rocked by Holly's first punch and was never the same for the rest of the fight. That's a terrible chin. I think even Tate got her attention pretty good and stunned her somewhat on some of the punches she landed on Rousey and that was before Tate really even concentrated that much on her striking as she did on her last successful title run, when her striking was regarded with almost unadulterated mockery.

Nope. She ran into hard shots,and none of those koed her. She was ended by the kick. If zingano took all those shots and the kick she would have been koed too. Especially when you dont see it coming. Rousey showed durability in all her fights previous to the Holm fight,and despite repeatedly running face first into holms punches she kept attacking. Saying that is a terrible chin,is ridiculous. You just have no idea what you are talking about.

Not really,she just had a different gameplan and dragged the fight out. Anyone saying Ronda is a one trick pony and then claiming Holm isnt for some reason? Thats funny. I guess people are only one trick ponies when their incredibly routinely successful,which Holm hasnt really been,and thats why
Yeah I don't get why most (?) people seem to think that Nunes is going to get the KO in the 1st round. Ronda had a horrible night where she was dismantled against Holms but she did have a great streak before that. A few more fights for Ronda will show whether that women's MMA has really jumped up in quality.

Nope. She ran into hard shots,and none of those koed her. She was ended by the kick. If zingano took all those shots and the kick she would have been koed too. Especially when you dont see it coming. Rousey showed durability in all her fights previous to the Holm fight,and despite repeatedly running face first into holms punches she kept attacking. Saying that is a terrible chin,is ridiculous.

Holly's shots aren't very hard at all, at least not her punches. Look at her record. lol Rousey showed a weak chin in that fight. You're going to have to deal with that if Nunes manages to touch that chin flush even once. In Rousey's own words she was out of it after the very first punch Holly landed. By her own admission, her chin must suck ass.

I've seen fleeting glimpses of a bad chin in Rousey throughout her career based on the way she reacts to getting hit. She just didn't get punched very much because she was clinching and tossing everyone quickly.

You just have no idea what you are talking about.

Back atcha.

Holly's shots aren't very hard at all, at least not her punches. Look at her record. lol Rousey showed a weak chin in that fight. You're going to have to deal with that if Nunes manages to touch that chin flush even once. In Rousey's own words she was out of it after the very first punch Holly landed. By her own admission, her chin must suck ass.

I've seen fleeting glimpses of a bad chin in Rousey throughout her career based on the way she reacts to getting hit. She just didn't get punched very much because she was clinching and tossing everyone quickly.

Back atcha.

all garbage. Mods clean this up.

I'll be cheering for Ronda.

Then she'll win, Rogan will cry and then I will go back to hating her again.

I doubt you've even watched their fights. I'll lay it out for you.

1. Nunes has no cardio past the 1st round if she fights as she normally does, which is move straight ahead and throw bombs. It's been proved time and again. Against Valentina she was hesitant and mostly kept distance AND STILL GASSED OUT after 2 rounds.

2. Nunes doesn't have more power than Ronda. Ronda wobbled Holly with a right hand and forced Holly into a panic clinch. People gloss over that in favor of all the gifs of Ronda getting outclassed in the boxing department. Ronda can KO anybody in the division. Either fighter can turn the lights out on the other.

3. Nunes's style of aggressively moving forward, which she has done in every fight except the Valentina fight is tailor made for Ronda's style. Ronda would be happy to not have to chase Nunes around. Nunes is not effective as a counter puncher, unlike Holly. Nunes doesn't have Holly's footwork or flexibility to strike and move out of the way. Nunes is slow.

4. Nunes has a clear pattern in the way she fights. If she feels she can beat someone standing, she aggressively moves forward winging punches with maximum effort. Sometimes this doesn't result in a finish and she ends up gassing herself out. She's not a technical striker. She's more like Cyborg than she is Holly.

If she can't finish someone standing she desperately starts going for take downs. She did this against Germaine and she did this against Valentina. Taking Ronda down would be a huge mistake.

So let's recap.

The only way Nunes can beat Ronda is to duplicate what Holly did and transform herself into a counter puncher with precise timing or connect with a lucky punch. She can't bum rush Ronda or take her down and expect good results.

1. She certainly didn't "move straight ahead and throw bombs" against McMann, Bazler, and Tate. She gassed against Valentina she used up too much energy trying to finish her on the ground during the second; I concede that is a potential problem against Ronda.

2. Nunes broke Miesha in the standup, not Ronda. Nunes crippled Bazler with leg kicks. Nunes laid out Julia Budd faster and more convincingly than Ronda did Bethe. No way does Ronda hit harder than Nunes.

3. Nunes did a good job maintaining distance, counterpunching, and circling out against McMann and Tate. Unlike Ronda those two can shoot to better close the distance. Ronda has to strike her way into the clinch and eat punches doing so, which is a bad idea against Nunes.

4. I would agree if we're talking about the old Nunes, but the new Nunes wouldn't aggressively go for the kill in the standup unless she has clearly cracked her opponent, as shown against Tate and McMann.

I believe that Nunes can finish Ronda in the standup (the latter's no Germaine or Valentina) so I think it's improbable of her to go for panic takedowns. The fact that she's up against arguably the most feared grappler and submission fighter in her division would further dissuade such ideas.

I think Nunes is going to use the strategy she used against McMann and Tate, x100; maintain distance, pick her spots with jabs and leg kicks, counter with combos when Ronda comes close.

After her last fight, her faith in Edmond is at an all-time low. She's not coming into this fight thinking she will knockout Nunes. That is the best thing going for her, imo. She is going back to her bread and butter. This fight will depend on how quickly Ronda can initiate the clinch. But Nunes hits so hard it will just take one punch.

The only safe bet is that this fight will not go the distance. Need to see the odds for that.

all garbage. Mods clean this up.
What a chin, eh? The first time she got in there against a power puncher (unlike Holly) she was put into trouble and finished by strikes immediately.

What a chin, eh? The first time she got in there against a power puncher (unlike Holly) she was put into trouble and finished by strikes immediately.
I saw no weak chin. She got hit flush by very hard shots.

After her last fight, her faith in Edmond is at an all-time low. She's not coming into this fight thinking she will knockout Nunes. That is the best thing going for her, imo. She is going back to her bread and butter. This fight will depend on how quickly Ronda can initiate the clinch. But Nunes hits so hard it will just take one punch.

The only safe bet is that this fight will not go the distance. Need to see the odds for that.
Based on Edmund's coaching, it seemed to me her game plan was to use some footwork and head movement to last a while with Nunes on the feet before working to the clinch to tire her out... "make her miss" he kept saying, etc. Unfortunately, her chin and comfort level in stand up were woefully insufficient for the task.

Last edited:
I saw no weak chin. She got hit flush by very hard shots.
Seriously? Every shot put her or kept her on queer street. She was stunned from the beginning and never recovered. That's called a shit chin.

Nunes tested her chin and she failed. Little wonder since Nunes is a 300 level class and Holly was a 100 level class...

A lot of people will be shocked when they see Rondas fight next week. She will beat Nunes with ease. I can see the forum going into meltdown through sheer shock and disbelief. So many are underestimating Ronda.

#FearTheReturn

orangoutan.jpg

Based on Edmund's coaching, it seemed to me her game plan was to use some footwork head movement to last a while with Nunes on the feet before working to the clinch to tire her out... "make her miss" he kept saying, etc. Unfortunately, her chin and comfort level in stand up were woefully insufficient for the task.
Edmond is absolute trash.

Back