People are underestimating Ronda

People were OVERestimating ronda.

Her standup is god-awful. Just chicks went full-retard & bum rushed.

Bullshit ! Ronda was an undefeated dominant champ. There was no other option than to look at her as top dog with everyone fighting for 2nd.

One loss and you think she was overrated ? LOL

Not underestimating her one bit. If Nunes comes out too aggressive, then she's gonna set herself up to the clinch/throw/armbar of Ronda.

I bet on fat ronda to win... but man your thread sucks more dick than your mom.

Bullshit ! Ronda was an undefeated dominant champ. There was no other option than to look at her as top dog with everyone fighting for 2nd.

One loss and you think she was overrated ? LOL
After that 1 loss, she'll NEVER be the same.
Chin gets cracked 1 more time, It'll be bag-packing time.

Rousey has a good chin,she took a lot of hard shots. It was a kick she didnt see that did her in.

The kick just finished her. She was already stumbling around like a drunk before then from eating too many punches. And Holly doesn't even hit as hard as Nunes does.

Behead those who underestimate Ronda

Of course they are. She lost her last fight.

Fact is, Ronda has always been the better fighter and she'll probably win this fight. Nunes is a brawler with suspect cardio who won't have an advantage on the ground. If Ronda weathers the early storm and makes Nunes work in the clinch everything will open up for her. People want to believe Nunes is Holly but she's not. I don't see how Nunes has anything other than a puncher's chance in this fight and even then it has to happen in the early rounds before her cardio gives out.

Fact is, Ronda has always been the better fighter and she'll probably win this fight. Nunes is a brawler with suspect cardio who won't have an advantage on the ground. If Ronda weathers the early storm and makes Nunes work in the clinch everything will open up for her. People want to believe Nunes is Holly but she's not. I don't see how Nunes has anything other than a puncher's chance in this fight and even then it has to happen in the early rounds before her cardio gives out.

All of Nunes' fights post-Cat and in the ATT era has shown that she's not "just" a brawler and is more than capable of adapting Holly's strategy, even if it's a stripped down version of it (and more than compensated for by Nunes' far superior power). Unless Ronda has drastically changed her fighting style and IQ for this fight, her standard MO is a license to get her ass kicked against someone like Nunes.

Ronda will win by armbar in rd 1 and it's going to fucking suck because of all the white knights that will come out of hiding

All of Nunes' fights post-Cat and in the ATT era has shown that she's not "just" a brawler and is more than capable of adapting Holly's strategy, even if it's a stripped down version of it (and more than compensated for by Nunes' far superior power). Unless Ronda has drastically changed her fighting style and IQ for this fight, her standard MO is a license to get her ass kicked against someone like Nunes.

This is true. Nunes has become a more patient and calculated fighter since joining ATT, her footwork's a lot better (though not as good as Holly or Valentina) and she's a lot better at setting up her punches.

On the other hand, fighting against Ronda has made everyone except Holly go full retard and rush in with punches trying to take her head off, even fighters who usually don't do that. So far Nunes has been able to fight to her game plan and do what she needs, but there's no guarantee that she'll keep her composure in the biggest fight of her life. If she can stay composed and fight to her game plan, I'd give Nunes the advantage, if not, then all bets are off.

On the other hand, fighting against Ronda has made everyone except Holly go full retard and rush in with punches trying to take her head off, even fighters who usually don't do that. So far Nunes has been able to fight to her game plan and do what she needs, but there's no guarantee that she'll keep her composure in the biggest fight of her life. If she can stay composed and fight to her game plan, I'd give Nunes the advantage, if not, then all bets are off.

Yeah, this is the thing I'm worried about the most.

I doubt you've even watched their fights. I'll lay it out for you.

1. Nunes has no cardio past the 1st round if she fights as she normally does, which is move straight ahead and throw bombs. It's been proved time and again. Against Valentina she was hesitant and mostly kept distance AND STILL GASSED OUT after 2 rounds.

2. Nunes doesn't have more power than Ronda. Ronda wobbled Holly with a right hand and forced Holly into a panic clinch. People gloss over that in favor of all the gifs of Ronda getting outclassed in the boxing department. Ronda can KO anybody in the division. Either fighter can turn the lights out on the other.

3. Nunes's style of aggressively moving forward, which she has done in every fight except the Valentina fight is tailor made for Ronda's style. Ronda would be happy to not have to chase Nunes around. Nunes is not effective as a counter puncher, unlike Holly. Nunes doesn't have Holly's footwork or flexibility to strike and move out of the way. Nunes is slow.

4. Nunes has a clear pattern in the way she fights. If she feels she can beat someone standing, she aggressively moves forward winging punches with maximum effort. Sometimes this doesn't result in a finish and she ends up gassing herself out. She's not a technical striker. She's more like Cyborg than she is Holly.

If she can't finish someone standing she desperately starts going for take downs. She did this against Germaine and she did this against Valentina. Taking Ronda down would be a huge mistake.

So let's recap.

The only way Nunes can beat Ronda is to duplicate what Holly did and transform herself into a counter puncher with precise timing or connect with a lucky punch. She can't bum rush Ronda or take her down and expect good results.

Yeah, this is the thing I'm worried about the most.

That's what makes the fight so interesting for me; both fighters have the skills to take the other one out really freakin' fast, and both have clear ways to get there. IMO the fight comes down to the mental game and which fighter can best stay composed under pressure and do what they need to win. And that's a giant question mark for both since Ronda is coming back from a tough loss and this is Amanda's first title defence, which just happens to be against the most famous fighter and all time great in the division. No one can really say how either fighter will deal with things.

I do have some doubts about Rhonda, I don't see how she's improved her overall fighting skills. Still in the same camp with the same crappy coach, it's a waste of talents imo. She needed to move to a new camp and learn from different coaches. I'll be rooting for her, but I still see Amanda winning either by TKO or decision. {<RR}

EhcIxRb.gif

I think Ronda returns and ends up finishing Nunes. I think people are forgetting just how dominant she was and can still be. Shes had a full year to recover from the Holm lost and I think Sherdog will be for a rude awakening come UFC 207.

I'm not much of a Rhonda fan, but people here are making some funky assumptions about her. Frankly, I don't see any reason why she shouldn't just run through Nunes like all the rest, excluding Holm.

2. Nunes doesn't have more power than Ronda. Ronda wobbled Holly with a right hand and forced Holly into a panic clinch. People gloss over that in favor of all the gifs of Ronda getting outclassed in the boxing department. Ronda can KO anybody in the division. Either fighter can turn the lights out on the other.

This remains to be seen,and this is coming from the number one Armbar nation cheerleader

giphy.gif

Back