Social People and long lines

One of many reasons why I can't live in big cities. I truly believe humans inherited a bunch of traits from other animals, in this particular example, humans in urban environment are like locusts.

I'm from a big city, NYC. I live in suburbs now. I've gone off about NYC in another post before but in my personal opinion it is foolish to live in. Hell, right now it is the most infected city in the most infected country on the planet.

And yes, humans aren't as far removed from "lesser" species as we'd like to think.

I have season passes to six flags over texas but usually go on a weekday morning when the place is empty. Went for the very first time on a saturday and damn was it a nightmare (3 to 5 minute lines became over an hour).

You're a man after my own heart. That's the same time I'd see movies.

I can't do lines but even more so I can't stand waited to be seated at a restaurant, I'd gladly go somewhere else damn near all the time if the wait is more than 15 min.

I hate restaurants to begin with, I hate waiting just to be seated just to wait some more for my server, and food only to have the check thrown at me mid-meal with a disengenuine "no rush."

Last edited:
I avoid them at all costs, I avoid crowds in general long before this virus thing..Don’t get me wrong, I will deal with it for shit that is important to me, going to a good fight or concert, but that’s about it..

I always think people who go out on holiday weekends for this reason are stupid. Go out to find a place that has huge lines and stand in them all day.... I mean that is what you are leaving your house to do.... go sit in your car in a line then stand in a line

To be honest I think many people like chaos. I'm obviously not one of those people, so I can't understand it.

I think many lowkey enjoy the hustling and standing in line to try to buy toilet paper and other rare essentials. It probably awakens some hunter, competition instinct.

It's probably the same type of folks who stand in line for half a day on Black Friday just so they can fight over a microwave.

Back