People always forget to bring an important fact in the Anderson's steroid situation

The problem with this excuse is the steroids he was popped for apparently aren't the ones someone would take to recover from an injury. This thread was done years ago after the fight and Sherdog users that are knowledgable about steriods debunked it.

Wasn't the drug he was caught with nothing to do with pain relief or helping bones though?

I'm sure I remember hearing something like that after it came out

I remember a thread on Sherdog after the fight that basically backed up what you're saying. There are steroids that are better for healing and apparently he wasn't taking those kind.

Or the break happened because years of steroid abuse weakened his bones.

You decide.

He went from a so so WW, lost to Ryu Chonen to being a MW and LHW destroyer. Hhhmmmmm

It looks like he was using some PEDs in 2002, he's looking super lean and vascular.

You can see the veins clearly in his arms, chest and abdomin at Mecca 6 like crazy.

1Dx4KTQ.png

Last edited:
Nah... mma fighters use drugs. The ones that don’t Are stopped at amateur levels by other that use drugs. Anderson is a multiple champion at the highest level. He sure didn’t just start using drugs.

It looks like he was using some PEDs in 2002, he's looking super lean and vascular.

You can see the veins clearly in in his arms, chest and abdomin at Mecca 6 like crazy.

1Dx4KTQ.png

Jesus never saw that picture before. Not like I believed the broken leg excuse before but now I definitely don’t believe it.

Jesus never saw that picture before. Not like I believed the broken leg excuse before but now I definitely don’t believe it.

Yeah, he looks like Wanderlei in the OWGP when he was clearly on tons of juice.

The is revisionist history

This steroid is shown to actually inhibit bone recovery..
He was NOT taking it for his injury

Nothing agaisnt Silva, and respect for him for coming back from that injury.
However the only reason you put Silva above others is because his injury was broadcasted on PPV. If it was "typical" camp injury with no cameras / tv footage, you wouldn't be giving him any special threatment

You can see the veins clearly in in his arms, chest and abdomin at Mecca 6 like crazy.

1Dx4KTQ.png
All natty bro LOL!!

Or the break happened because years of steroid abuse weakened his bones.

You decide.

He went from a so so WW, lost to Ryu Chonen to being a MW and LHW destroyer. Hhhmmmmm

We've never seen fighters return from bad losses and reach new heights later in their careers. Wait.

Tyron Woodley, Stipe Miocic, Fabricio Werdum, Dominic Cruz, Robby Lawler... The list goes on.

Nothing agaisnt Silva, and respect for him for coming back from that injury.
However the only reason you put Silva above others is because his injury was broadcasted on PPV. If it was "typical" camp injury with no cameras / tv footage, you wouldn't be giving him any special threatment

He broke his leg in half.

Another important fact, is that he TOOK the steroids.

You can see the veins clearly in his arms, chest and abdomin at Mecca 6 like crazy.

1Dx4KTQ.png

Holy shit I never saw that pic before, I can't believe it's real

Holy shit I never saw that pic before, I can't believe it's real

Yeah a lot of guys were clearly on some really powerful PEDs in the early 2000s. The eye test doesn't always work but super low body fat with strong muscle definition and a lot of vascularity are pretty big red flags.

Back