People actually believed upgrading to iOS 7 made their phone waterproof.

Zezima

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
The fake commercial appeared almost identical to Apple's real poster advertising with images of the iPhone on a white background accompanied by neat text.

"Update to iOS 7 and become waterproof", the poster read.

"In an emergency, a smart-switch will shut off the phone's power supply and corresponding components to prevent any damage to your iPhone's delicate circuitry," it explained.

At the bottom of the poster was a promise that "waterproofing [is] covered by Apple's warranty policy".

After being shared on social media sites by users encouraging people to try the new feature soon angry complaints appeared from those fooled by the joke.

"Whoever said ios7 was waterproof **** you," wrote one user on Twitter. "Wtf iOS7 isn't waterproof!! Now my phone's at the bottom of the river," another said.

The prank is understood to have been started by controversial forum 4Chan which has a chequered history of hosting faked material.

Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...roy-iPhones-after-fake-waterproof-advert.html

I can not actually believe people would think that upgrading the operating system changes the hardware. Some idiotic people out there.

One of my son's friends put his iPhone in the microwave for 15 seconds because somebody told him it would charge it completely.

What a bunch of tards.

Anyone using 7 on an iPhone 4 with no problems?

2 people who work with me said it is a disaster on the 4S.

bogs down bad on applications

they bitched about the appearance too but who really cares about that when you lose your speed.

Last edited:
Better yet, these idiots self identify by going on Twitter to bitch about it.

The only problem i've noticed is that the battery runs down faster.

One of my son's friends put his iPhone in the microwave for 15 seconds because somebody told him it would charge it completely.

lmfao

Is he a gullible youngster who doesn't know anything about microwaves do? If that's the case, then I apologize for the laughs. Other than that, lmfao x2.

I saw this last night on the news, and my first thought was dumbass apple users then I realized its just dumbass people

The only problem i've noticed is that the battery runs down faster.

Noticed the same, the battery runs down a lot quicker. Turning background App refresh to off apparently is supposed to preserve battery life but I still think it runs down quicker than before.

lmfao

Is he a gullible youngster who doesn't know anything about microwaves do? If that's the case, then I apologize for the laughs. Other than that, lmfao x2.

I don't know man, teens are crazy. I saw him a week later and his parents sent him back to the flip phone. I chuckle every time I see him use his phone now.

Noticed the same, the battery runs down a lot quicker. Turning background App refresh to off apparently is supposed to preserve battery life but I still think it runs down quicker than before.

Yeah i tried that too, also reduced the brightness but it still runs down really quickly.

Lol how ignorant can people be?? Even if they thought it made the phone water-proof, why test it?

Back