pentagram choke?

im pretty wet behind the ears so to speak in the bjj game but id assume the rnc or even a traditional rear triangle would be the more advantages option. but it's always good to keep your eggs in more than one basket

I know nothing of this choke or submissions 101 so I googled "pentagram choke" and the very first return was from submissions 101. I then decided to search the forums for anti-submissions 101 threads. You could write a book. Looks like I have some reading to do.

There's a proud tradition of debunnking Subs 101 on this forum.

im pretty wet behind the ears so to speak in the bjj game but id assume the rnc or even a traditional rear triangle would be the more advantages option. but it's always good to keep your eggs in more than one basket

Out of curiosity, define "wet behind the ears" in terms of belt rank or time in.

in terms of the only person of credibility that ive trained with is my brother in law who was a muay thai/bjj instructor in a near-by major city (dallas). we do not have a bjj gym locally. i fuckin wish we did. but i am a student of the game and always working on my technique just out of love and respect for the art. and ive been actively working technique for about 3 years if you're curious.

and the copy paste from the description on youtube of this video so that you guys can understand where I'm coming from and that this is still a work in progress.

This is my version of the Pentagram submission both off of the Back and from the Triple Threat position.

Keep a couple things in mind, this is not really an instructional video, but more of a peak into my thoughts. I have only repped this move out 200-300 times so it is not ready to be showcased on any DVD or as gospel.

I have however had a good bit of success with this submission on people around my size and maybe slightly smaller. People that are a lot smaller than me can create problems but you still have the armbar option.

The more that I play with this move the more that I like the setup from Triple Threat than the set up from the Back. I feel that it has a lot of promise from the triple threat position and it is something that I will be working a lot more, primarily in no gi (when the bow and arrow choke is not an option).

Also as a side note this was filmed up stairs at Gordo BJJ because the kids class was taking place downstairs (thus being able to hear screaming kids) and the lighting was not perfect.

Again, please take this as a view into my personal thoughts and not as much as an instructional.

Also, there is a crushing sensation that makes you want to submit, not necessarily a choke. If you tap to this and you dont immediately think "I never want this to happen to me again" you're probably not having it done correctly. Communicate with your partner and let him know what type of pressure you're feeling and if it's truely something you would tap to.

images

choking.jpg

images

Back