Pennsylvania new Covid rules: Wear the mask in your home, all state visitors must get tested

I mean...literally back in March when it was just starting to explode the talk was about trying to hold things together until a vaccine was viable. I'd imagine that's still the goal? Don't let the healthcare system completely be overwhelmed, try to stay afloat until at least the most vulnerable are vaccinated.

No one said that in march. The whole thing was to "flatten the curve".

No one said that in march. The whole thing was to "flatten the curve".

Yes, so healthcare isn't overwhelmed while they work toward a vaccine. That's two people now who left that part out when quoting me.

Did you guys think working toward a vaccine WASN'T the end goal? That experts just figured after we"flatten the curve" it would go away? I mean...we kinda have effective vaccines for other stuff right?

I’ve been saying this. We have to start wearing masks in our homes, I’ve already been doing it for months.
fea9842144b5ec1c8c9336a8e509229603792fa7.PNG

Yes, so healthcare isn't overwhelmed while they work toward a vaccine. That's two people now who left that part out when quoting me.

Did you guys think working toward a vaccine WASN'T the end goal? That experts just figured after we"flatten the curve" it would go away? I mean...we kinda have effective vaccines for other stuff right?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/corona-simulator/

Yes. That's what we were told. Revisit this super famous from WaPo with all the interactive simulations. The "curve" arises from the natural mathematics of pandemics--herd immunity. There is no vaccine in their simulations, yet Coronavirus is defeated in all of them.

Yes. That's what we were told. Revisit this super famous from WaPo with all the interactive simulations. The "curve" arises from the natural mathematics of pandemics--herd immunity. There is no vaccine in their simulations, yet Coronavirus is defeated in all of them.

Yes I remember that article, which was to illustrate different strategies to limit the spread and how they worked. It did not really focus much on the end game, although it does make some assumptions regarding reinfection (or lack thereof), etc. But this is one article, and the point of it wasn't even to discuss the "after" of when the curve was flattened.

I mean...corporations were spending billions back then to race to be the first to market with a vaccine. Why would they do that if the demand wouldn't be there because we'd just flatten the curve and watch the virus go away? That makes no sense. By early May, clinical trials were already being done! Which means research on the vaccine must have been started likely in February, and absolutely by March.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/07/tim...ine-and-treatments-under-development-now.html

Leftists hate the Constitution

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Not all leftists believe there should be lockdowns or curfews of any sort. TBH....though its expressed by a lot of people who consider themselves on the left side of the spectrum, the more left position would be to allow everyone to choose their own level of risk.

Stay home if you want, go out if you want.

Not all leftists believe there should be lockdowns or curfews of any sort. TBH....though its expressed by a lot of people who consider themselves on the left side of the spectrum, the more left position would be to allow everyone to choose their own level of risk.

Stay home if you want, go out if you want.

That would be the liberal line of thinking. Sadly the Left has no liberals left in the party

Yes. That’s what we were “told”.

But many of us know we can also do our own research and look just a little deeper. We saw the doctors and nurses on the frontlines who were witnessing the virus first hand were begging us through their videos and social media posts to stay safe because they didn’t have enough icu beds or ppe to handle a massive outbreak.

So, you look just a little beyond what we’re being told, and you get a little more info.

Courtesy of Tom Wolfe the Worthless and Dr “Rachel” Levine.
While I pray she lives for many more years, the moment my grandmother passes, I’m leaving Pennsylvania for good. Only thing keeping me here.

Sorry. Youre little guy is super special and will grow up to be a prince or princess one day. Sorry to offend you.

Are you implying that you're offending me or simply regurgitating your thoughts on infants?

if the latter then "ok boomer" if the former then "the only thing about you that i find even remotley offensive would be your lack of reading conversation and Inability to follow a conversation...otherwise, at ease

Not the worst idea. The indoor spread is where this thing is infecting the most people. We have a baby at home, and now that she’s a little older we’re having people over to meet her but they have to wear a mask in our home.
transmission to the young is less likely than any other conventional cold

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tr...v/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html#demographics

for whatever reason, kids are almost immune to covid, and are generally asymptomatic when they get it.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-children-pediatrician-80-percent-asymptomatic/

preschool and day care for young children have never closed since the pandemic breakout, and it has not been a problem. The plain ol flu is much more dangerous to kids than this virus, it's the opposite with H1N1, which was more deadly to children, but a nothing burger for adults.

transmission to the young is less likely than any other conventional cold

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/?CDC_AA_refVal=https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html#demographics

for whatever reason, kids are almost immune to covid, and are generally asymptomatic when they get it.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-children-pediatrician-80-percent-asymptomatic/

preschool and day care for young children have never closed since the pandemic breakout, and it has not been a problem. The plain ol flu is much more dangerous to kids than this virus, it's the opposite with H1N1, which was more deadly to children, but a nothing burger for adults.

Schools opened up and cases spiked. I know anecdotal but most of the people we know in real life got covid from their kids who brought it home from school

also do appreciate the stuff about how it’s not nearly as bad in kids, but I feel there’s a big line between an 8 year old and a “kid” who’s a couple months old infant so I’m not really going off kid data there yet as I don’t see it similar enough to be applicable to little babies

Schools opened up and cases spiked. I know anecdotal but most of the people we know in real life got covid from their kids who brought it home from school

also do appreciate the stuff about how it’s not nearly as bad in kids, but I feel there’s a big line between an 8 year old and a “kid” who’s a couple months old infant so I’m not really going off kid data there yet as I don’t see it similar enough to be applicable to little babies
the covid data tracker shows the younger they are, the better off they are. 0-4 have an insanely low case counts, and in that group, they dont wear masks at all.

and going by flu cases for the same age group, covid is far less virulent for that age group. For kids 17 and younger, covid is by far less dangerous than the flu. Ages 18-50, about on par with the flu. Ages 50+ covid is far worse than the flu.

when kids were joking about covid being a "boomer remover", they werent wrong. by the time I'm 50, my kids will be in college, so I dont see much need to shut down schools for k-12.... no worse than the flu for all parties in that age group. Stay away from grandparents.

OP confuses liberals with Biden supporters.

Lol. Battle of wills? The ones who can’t handle the most minor of inconveniences to save fellow American lives have more will power you say?

We wouldn’t be at this point if it wasn’t for people refusing to use some common sense the summer months when we had a chance to put a damper on this thing. And yes, I’m including the shoulder to should protests in that refusing to use common sense. Does look like the dual combo of masks + outdoors really cuts the transmission rate down mightily tho.

If you're old, unhealthy, or scared stay the fuck home. Simple as that

If you're old, unhealthy, or scared stay the fuck home. Simple as that

I do wonder how the scared people are going to re-integrate themselves into society. Once the vaccine starts rolling out, only the elderly and seriously unwell (and frontline workers, of course) will be offered it for a good 12months, it won't start getting offered to healthy and/or younger people until 2022 IMO.

And once the vaccine is rolled out to the vulnerable, the non-vulnerable will be expected to return to society. A horde of newly-converted germophobes who've been hunkered down for almost 1 year avoiding other people.......

These government assholes are just following the script handed down to them by their globalist handlers. They are middle management just doing what they are told to do.

Back