Pendred: Croke Park and the Aviva are both fighting for Irish UFC event

I initially had my reservations about Croker as its almost double the size but the more I think about it, I think he can fill it. I lived abroad the last few years and was expecting him to be huge when I moved home recently. That just wasn't the case for the Poirier fight. While I agree most know who is, there wasn't many staying up to watch him fight at all hours. When Barry Mcguigan fought Cruz in the 80's the whole Country went to bed early and got up to watch him. That being said, this will be a title fight fight, there will be a huge buzz surrounding and leading up it and we can actually attend it. MMA fans in the UK will probably fly over too as it will be so big. This could be the beginning of something huge and all the GAA fans would jump on the band wagon like they did with Rugby...and stayed on it,

Would personally prefer Croker but I'm worried about the local community preventing a license being granted for it to go ahead, remember the Garreth Brooks fiasco? Either way it looks on.

I live in England and I'll be buying the best tickets I can instantly and flying over for it if it happens

I initially had my reservations about Croker as its almost double the size but the more I think about it, I think he can fill it. I lived abroad the last few years and was expecting him to be huge when I moved home recently. That just wasn't the case for the Poirier fight. While I agree most know who is, there wasn't many staying up to watch him fight at all hours. When Barry Mcguigan fought Cruz in the 80's the whole Country went to bed early and got up to watch him. That being said, this will be a title fight fight, there will be a huge buzz surrounding and leading up it and we can actually attend it. MMA fans in the UK will probably fly over too as it will be so big. This could be the beginning of something huge and all the GAA fans would jump on the band wagon like they did with Rugby...and stayed on it,

Would personally prefer Croker but I'm worried about the local community preventing a license being granted for it to go ahead, remember the Garreth Brooks fiasco? Either way it looks on.

I don't know that many people that have BT, but I think the replay did decent numbers on 3e?

Do people overestimate MMA in other countries? Maybe.

Do people underestimate the drawing power of "one of us vs one of them" in a big sporting event? Absolutely.

Back