Pendergrass tourney

a few kids i roll with went to this. im curious to see how they did. post the results if anyone has them

Lapu-Lapu won his division in the intermediates (190ish -204 I think) and he placed 3rd in the intermediate absolute. Despite only training sub grappling/BJJ for 7 months.

We had a couple other guys place in the beginner divisions. All our guys are technically beginners, but Lapu - Lapu entered the intermediates because BY THE RULES wrestling experience counts as direct grappling experience. He seemed to be one of the few who adhered to that rule.

I saw a bit of sandbagging, but overall our guys did well, especially considering we split our training time evenly between kickboxing and grappling.

Lapu-Lapu won his division in the intermediates (190ish -204 I think) and he placed 3rd in the intermediate absolute. Despite only training sub grappling/BJJ for 7 months.

We had a couple other guys place in the beginner divisions. All our guys are technically beginners, but Lapu - Lapu entered the intermediates because BY THE RULES wrestling experience counts as direct grappling experience. He seemed to be one of the few who adhered to that rule.

I saw a bit of sandbagging, but overall our guys did well, especially considering we split our training time evenly between kickboxing and grappling.
See any Team Roc Gboro guys at there?

I dont know, they, just like we do have ROC on the back of shirts and I never know who is from where. THe only ROC guys I know are Jason, Billy, Spencer and Greg. The other affiliates I am not familiar with. The only guys I see who train with ROC are the ones who go to the group training sessions we have monthly at Crossfit for MMA guys.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Iq2cDgaYNvg"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Iq2cDgaYNvg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

I had a beautiful shot and take down, while passing guard I got caught in a triangle and choked out :(

I did okay considering I have only been training for 6 weeks.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQCObf7_rw8&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQCObf7_rw8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I'm in the Black.

btw, Congrats Lapu-Lapu. I saw your match and thought the size mismatch was crazy, but you handled it very well.

Great job as well Lovesong, how did you end up doing? It looked liked you tapped that guy like three times that one match.

Great job as well Lovesong, how did you end up doing? It looked liked you tapped that guy like three times that one match.

Man there was all sorts of controversy around that one. I thought I felt a tap as one of the spectators said "tap" and let go of the armbar because I thought it came from my opponent. The poor ref didn't know what to do so we restarted with the armbar and his thumb down.

THEN, the guy taps, but the ref doesn't stop the match so I keep holding it, tell the ref he needs to tell me when to stop, and then finally get the Ok.

That was the only guy in my division and I didn't sign up for absolute so I only got one match :(

Full Pendergrass results:

Black Belt Superfight Congratulations to Eric Burdo!!
Eric Burdo BJJ Revolution
Dennis Hayes Team Hybrid

Video of the black belt match:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7878924542703912680

Kids Beginner 70-79.9
1 Thomas Carter AAMAA
2 Justin Casio Pendergrass
3 Melissa Peters Team ROC

Kids Beginner 80-89.9
1 Patrick Viars Joe Hurst
2 Christopher Kurz Pendergrass
3 Tristan Torry Pendergrass

Kids Advanced 80-104.9
1 Kevin Crosslin Pendergrass
2 Kyle Crosslin Pendergrass
3 Pamela Peters Team ROC

Kids Advanced 130-144.9
1 Jay Speight AAMAA
2 Kelvin Morrison Team ROC
3 Kaleb Farley Team ROC

Kids Advanced 145

Could you edit those results as Elliot is TFTC (which is ROC as well, so either TFTC/ROC) or just TFTC. I am sure Elliot put both on his application. This is for Elliot Acosta, who won the intermediates 190-219.9.

Just a nit pick, but I would appreciate it.

Yeah, I didn't know if they were going to put TFTC or group us all as Team ROC. So I told them both.

I have updated Elliot's team name to TFTC. Typically, if a team is under a larger umbrella (TFTC is part of Team ROC, for example), we use the larger team name. That is so that the team points all roll up together.

I didn't know Elliot was part of TFTC, though - the bracketing info just says Team ROC. Thanks for the info!!

I only asked for a change since all the other TFTC guys were already listed TFTC and not ROC. Had they been ROC I would have left em the same. Thanks all the same.

You bet - Elliot's entry said ROC, or I would have listed him separately, too. I asked a few people if TFTC should fall under Team ROC, and no one was 100% sure. I thought that they were, but didn't want to be wrong and have to change them all back.

Its no problem, I told em to list under ROC, but that day (Sat) found out they all listed TFTC only, figured it was easier for you to switch one than several.

Back