Pena

Fantomas187

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I'm of the opinion that Julianna Pena will win this season. She just ran over Shayna Baszler and looked ferocious in her fight to get in the house. The other girls are good, but Pena looks to be a beast.

I'm of the opinion that Julianna Pena will win this season. She just ran over Shayna Baszler and looked ferocious in her fight to get in the house. The other girls are good, but Pena looks to be a beast.

Nope. Her boxing looks sloppy and Jessica and Raquel's boxing would frustrate her. Raquel could definitely beat Julianna. Moras could also beat Julianna via GnP.

She won that fight with sheer determination.

There are women on this season that have far superior skills and won't wilt as easily as Shayna did.

i kinda hope peggy will win but i am almost certain she won't...Pena does seem to have raw talent, she is only 22 and having in mind that wmma is in its' infancy, raw talent and ferociousness might gether far

Nah Raquel will take this season plus Pena looks way too much like Hermes Franca.

She was batshit crazy in her fight. I like that.

No one except Miesha really gave her a chance. Ronda was trying to make it personal- lets use our best fighter in Shayna to eliminate Miesha's friend.

Juliana came out and ran at Shayna and smacked her with some power punches. Holy shit it was insane.

She couldn't outgrapple Shayna in the 1st round - Shayna reversed all Juliana's takedown and trip attempts. But she kept going at Shayna at 100miles an hour, and finally Shayna quit and folded, and gave her back. Juliana choked her out easy.

If she could beat Shayna who's apparently a 'pioneer' with such little training, she might not have as had a task against the other girls.

Raquel looked good punching someone who had NO technique in the face, and was "One Dimensional" (right Dana?). Jessamyn left herself so wide open to get punched.

What happens to Raquel when Juliana rushes for the takedown? And mixes it up with punches?

Can Jessica stop Juliana's takedown attempts?

It's also interesting to see Peggy VS Sarah. That's going to be a good fight.

I hope she wins. I think she can hang in there with the other girls in the house at the least. She isn't very big, but that might be beneficial due to the quick turnover and the tournament format. A full camp can be another matter, though.

Pena has a killer instinct and I love that about her. I'm a fan.

She was batshit crazy in her fight. I like that.

No one except Miesha really gave her a chance. Ronda was trying to make it personal- lets use our best fighter in Shayna to eliminate Miesha's friend.

Juliana came out and ran at Shayna and smacked her with some power punches. Holy shit it was insane.

She couldn't outgrapple Shayna in the 1st round - Shayna reversed all Juliana's takedown and trip attempts. But she kept going at Shayna at 100miles an hour, and finally Shayna quit and folded, and gave her back. Juliana choked her out easy.

If she could beat Shayna who's apparently a 'pioneer' with such little training, she might not have as had a task against the other girls.

Raquel looked good punching someone who had NO technique in the face, and was "One Dimensional" (right Dana?). Jessamyn left herself so wide open to get punched.

What happens to Raquel when Juliana rushes for the takedown? And mixes it up with punches?

Can Jessica stop Juliana's takedown attempts?

It's also interesting to see Peggy VS Sarah. That's going to be a good fight.

I'm also interested to see Peggy vs Sarah. I like Sarah, she seems like a pretty cool chick. She isn't nearly as aesthetically terrifying as Peggy would be for a girl. I hope she takes it to her though, it will be a sight to see. It looks like they're doing a clip-show or recap episode or something next week?
edit: Pena is pretty driven, it would be a hard fight for anyone to take her. Determination can trump ability. Though i don't see her taking the season.

Nope. Her boxing looks sloppy and Jessica and Raquel's boxing would frustrate her. Raquel could definitely beat Julianna. Moras could also beat Julianna via GnP.

You are right, her boxing technique is not the greatest. But technique isn't everything. For example Wanderlei is one of the GOAT and you wouldn't say his boxing is textbook either. Fighting qualities like toughness, heart and aggression count for a lot. Baszler cracked her with a hard knee in the second round and Pena just came forward like a mad man. Any fighter like that is a difficult opponent.

Raquel tends to not throw with combos, but rather single shots. She looked good against Jessamyn, but check out her fight against Smith. Smith was able to take her punches and keep firing, overwhelming Raquel. Julianna might be able to do something similar.
Jessica is still a novice at the wrestling game. If Julianna could take down Baszler I don't see why she couldn't do the same against Jessica. And Julianna's gound and pound looks extremely nasty.
Moras could probably get her down, but Julianna's already shown against Baszler that she is really hard to control and doesn't stop fighting. Baszler may of won the wrestling in the first round, but she had to constantly work hard every moment, with Julianna able to get up a oouple of times and get on top a couple of times as well. Considering that fight I don't see why are so confident Moras could beat her.

She won that fight with sheer determination.

There are women on this season that have far superior skills and won't wilt as easily as Shayna did.

Ah, Shayna is arguably the most skilled fighter in the house, or at least the most well-rounded. She is the best wrestler there, along with Moras. Has the best submission game and is a pretty solid striker. She's also a vet who's fought a number of top level opponents. So making her wilt is kind of a big deal (she's even been in there with Cyborg and showed guts then).

You are right, her boxing technique is not the greatest. But technique isn't everything. For example Wanderlei is one of the GOAT and you wouldn't say his boxing is textbook either. Fighting qualities like toughness, heart and aggression count for a lot. Baszler cracked her with a hard knee in the second round and Pena just came forward like a mad man. Any fighter like that is a difficult opponent.

Raquel tends to not throw with combos, but rather single shots. She looked good against Jessamyn, but check out her fight against Smith. Smith was able to take her punches and keep firing, overwhelming Raquel. Julianna might be able to do something similar.
Jessica is still a novice at the wrestling game. If Julianna could take down Baszler I don't see why she couldn't do the same against Jessica. And Julianna's gound and pound looks extremely nasty.
Moras could probably get her down, but Julianna's already shown against Baszler that she is really hard to control and doesn't stop fighting. Baszler may of won the wrestling in the first round, but she had to constantly work hard every moment, with Julianna able to get up a oouple of times and get on top a couple of times as well. Considering that fight I don't see why are so confident Moras could beat her.

Decent analysis, but thereis the fact that Moras already beat Pena once. I think Pena can do better in a rematch, but in their first fight, Moras dislocated Pena's shoulder with an arm bar half way into the second round and Pena fought through it, but the doctor stopped it between rounds, against her wishes (she wanted him to just pop it back in!). I've listened to her talk about it a few times, and she mentioned it in relation to another point about listening to coaches. She said that it's good to listen, but you are the one in there. She said she listened to her corner when they told her to do something even though she wasn't feeling it in that fight and she ended up getting caught in that arm bar as a result. It would be cool to see them rematch at some point.

Back