Pelosi throwing shade at AOC

She probably used common sense and looked around the country at how people are reacting to AOC her ideas and doesn't want a divided democratic party going into 2020.

Would it be a correct statement that obamas centrist statements on immigration is the beginning of a new centrist movement by the left to win over fringe trump voters?

And those that don't follow suit are going to be publicly ostracized?

Would it be a correct statement that obamas centrist statements on immigration is the beginning of a new centrist movement by the left to win over fringe trump voters?

And those that don't follow suit are going to be publicly ostracized?
I've been feeling that libs are using progressives as a way to appear more moderate, sure.

I've been feeling that libs are using progressives as a way to appear more moderate, sure.

Im feeling that vibe as well. Its just going to divide and confuse their voters though.

The corporatist Democrats are shook AF!

They have been in full attack mode on the progressive wing of their party the past few weeks and its disgusting to behold.
The worst being their attacks on Ilhan Omar.

Some people did some things, so what's the big deal?

Like her or hate her, Nancy has been playing the game for a LONG time. These young folks should pay attention to her.

Sure thing troll account of person recently banned.
192263.jpg

Its not fake drama. She has been "throwing shade" on AOC and Omar for weeks and the DNC establishment has been on a warpath of propaganda to marginalize the progressive wing of their party.
To be fair, they are at war with each other. The corporate and progressive wings don't like each other, and AOC has said she would try and get non-progressive Dems voted out in primaries. It's pretty clear both sides don't like each other at all.

To be fair, they are at war with each other. The corporate and progressive wings don't like each other, and AOC has said she would try and get non-progressive Dems voted out in primaries. It's pretty clear both sides don't like each other at all.
And what are they war about? For the establishment corporatists its serving their donor class to keep power. For the progressives, the establishment is standing in the way of what they see as progress. Just look at how the establishment is attacking their progressive wing; its not substantive, its just passive aggressive platitudes and propaganda. And the people who are defending establishment candidates against progressives usually aren't doing so from a policy standpoint either, but from some elitist team dynamic.

And what are they war about? For the establishment corporatists its serving their donor class to keep power. For the progressives, the establishment is standing in the way of what they see as progress. Just look at how the establishment is attacking their progressive wing; its not substantive, its just passive aggressive platitudes and propaganda. And the people who are defending establishment candidates against progressives usually aren't doing so from a policy standpoint either, but from some elitist team dynamic.
Yeah, I don't disagree with most of that.

But from Pelosi's perspective, ignoring the big corporate money for a second, she's probably concerned with pragmatism. She's knows how much time had to be put in to build the relationships and institutional knowledge to actually get shit done. AOC comes of as destructive and full of vague, grandiose ideas which isn't necessarily going to benefit the sustainability of the party or even AOC's stated agenda because you need to maintain a majority to get anything done. The progressive wing isn't overly popular among the democratic base, either.

54% of democrats want their party to be less liberal. Among 'liberal democrats' (which is now a very slight majority), only 69% want the party more liberal.

Despite how much the electorate has moved in the progressive direction on at least some issues since the last election cycle, grabby Biden hasn't even announced he's running and he's in the lead.

Last edited:

But from Pelosi's perspective, ignoring the big corporate money for a second, she's probably concerned with pragmatism. She's knows how much time had to be put in to build the relationships and institutional knowledge to actually get shit done. AOC comes of as destructive and full of vague, grandiose ideas which isn't necessarily going to benefit the sustainability of the party or even AOC's stated agenda because you need to maintain a majority to get anything done. The progressive wing isn't overly popular among the democratic base, either.

54% of democrats want their party to be less liberal. Among 'liberal democrats' (which is now a very slight majority), only 69% want the party more liberal.

Despite how much the electorate has moved in the progressive direction on at least some issues since the last election cycle, grabby Biden hasn't even announced he's running and he's in the lead.

Relationships and knowledge she plans on taking to her grave no doubt.

Got me. It's interesting, I am assume it is about voting on issues, making green deal type stuff the priority vs what corp Dems want.
I am not sure how or why these struggles are happening, but perhaps the corp dems don't want the progressive dems to make the platform unpalatable for the country?

Good. She seems like a dumbshit. I like Nancy.

So would it be fair then to say that their are conservatives vs progressives in the liberal party?

<Lmaoo>

So would it be fair then to say that their are conservatives vs progressives in the liberal party?

<Lmaoo>
Yeah its true, i reckon it is even more striking in the GOP although on two different axes - since you have populists that are socially conservative and fiscally moderate and libertarians that are fiscally conservative and socially could give a shit less about abortion and baby jesus's rules.

They’ll never win another presidency if they continue to use these far left retards. Hell theyre the reason trump got elected in the first place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back