Social Pelosi tells Trump to postpone SOTU

Can we cance this annual shit show already?
It's so embarrassing to watch. The goof says something and half the house stands while the other half sits there looking salty. Then he says something that everyone has to stand for. Sickening display all around...

Anyone else reminded of this scene?

CENTURION: The crowd outside is getting a bit restless, sir. Permission to disperse them, please.

PILATE: Disperse them? But I haven't addwessed them yet.

CENTURION: Ah, no. I know sir, but--

PILATE: My addwess is one of the high points of the Passover. My fwiend, Biggus Dickus, has come all the way fwom Wome just to hear it.

CENTURION: Hail Caesar.

BIGGUS: Hail Thaethar!

CENTURION: You're not-- ah, you're not, uh, thinking o-- of giving it a miss this year, then, sir?

PILATE: Give it a miss?

CENTURION: Well, it's just that they're in a rather funny mood today, sir.

PILATE: Weally, Centuwion? I'm surpwised to hear a man like you wattled by a wabble of wowdy webels.

CENTURION: A... bit thundery, sir.

It's so embarrassing to watch. The goof says something and half the house stands while the other half sits there looking salty. Then he says something that everyone has to stand for. Sickening display all around...
Don’t forget the rebuttal from the opposing team

giphy.gif

Was it last year's when the Dems did their rebuttal from some place that looked like KKK central with a former governor of Kentucky I believe? Dude said he was a Republican by mistake at the beginning of it, and I just shut the tv off lol

Will anyone yell you lie during Trumps State of the Union. Republicans already set precedent on yelling you lie.
Would love to see the right wing media feign outrage and the left wing media trying to minimalize it.

Not just him. Trump building a wall is a good thing his enemies refusing it out of spite
Trump is not fully responsible for shutdown
Trump is FULLY responsible for the shutdown.

I can say "if you don't agree Trump is bad I will use my mod powers and shut down Shedog' in an attempt to bully you and strong arm you to do what I want.

If I, indeed have those powers and shut down the site because i cannot get my way and you won't say Trump is bad, NO you are NOT responsible for me shutting down the site.

Trump has tied something in (the Wall) to something unrelated (Shutdown) as a pure leverage play to try and force the Dem's to comply. The Dem's have no responsibility on that. They do however on Trump not getting his wall.

President Trump is easily the greatest President of the 21st Century.

He's the only President this Century that's made any attempts at peace.

When Humanity finally learns how to travel through the Stars, the humans alive then and for all time will mention what founded their Space Force was one Donald J. Trump. Donald Trump will be remembered for as long as human beings exist in the universe.

You are completely and absolutely on the wrong side of History.

Let that sink in for a moment......

This is classic

I hope he goes on with the speech and does a great job.

Just to see the crypt keeper lose her shit.

This might be he first one where people are pre offended

>>> Why on earth would Pelosi want Trump NOT to give a SOTU on the 29th? Her reasoning above did not give a direct answer.

Oh wait. I think I know why : CNN, MSNBC and the other fake news media outlets will have to air it where everyone else will see it.
I guess as liberals, they don't want Trump to explain his position. {<shrug}

hi Glenwo2,

this is why you have to get away from FoxNews, which is utter fecal matter, and get yourself some boring 'ol NPR.

here's the answer to your question, and finding it wasn't some elusive treasure hunt. just get away from crappy sources of information.

Pelosi wrote, "The U.S. Secret Service was designated as the lead federal agency responsible for coordinating, planning, exercising, and implementing security for National Special Security Events." She added, "However, both the U.S. Secret Service and the Department of Homeland Security have not been funded for 26 days now — with critical departments hamstrung by furloughs."

Pelosi continued, "Sadly, given the security concerns and unless government re-opens this week, I suggest that we work together to determine another suitable date after government has re-opened for this address or for you to consider delivering your State of the Union address in writing to the Congress on January 29th."
https://www.npr.org/2019/01/16/6858...of-state-of-the-union-address-due-to-shutdown

btw, i don't think Democrats are actually scared when Mr. Trump decides to speak to America. they are, probably, kind of hopeful.

its during these moments of speaking to the masses, unfiltered and without constraints, that he sometimes makes helpful declarations like, "If we don't get what we want ... I will shut down the government. And I am proud to shut down the government for border security.... I will take the mantle."

in Aaron Sorkin's most leftwing delusional fantasies, he'd never imagine a line like that coming from Mr. Trump's lips.

-
IGIT

Pelosi tells Trump to postpone SOTU over partial shutdown

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi took the extraordinary step Wednesday of urging President Trump to delay his State of the Union address until the partial government shutdown ends, or submit the address in writing.

The president has been slated to deliver his televised annual address to a Joint Session of Congress on Jan. 29. But with no compromise in sight to resolve the standoff over government funding -- a stalemate that extended into its 26th day, with the impact deepening for furloughed federal workers and others -- Pelosi, D-Calif., suggested Trump put those plans on hold.

“On January 3rd, it was my privilege as Speaker to invite you to deliver the State of the Union address on January 29. The Constitution calls for the President ‘from time to time give the Congress Information of the State of the Union,” Pelosi wrote, but noted that “since the start of modern budgeting in Fiscal Year 1977, a State of the Union address has never been delivered during a government shutdown.”

She concluded: “Sadly, given the security concerns and unless the government re-opens this week, I suggest that we work together to determine another suitable date after government has re-opened for this address or for you to consider delivering your State of the Union address in writing to Congress on January 29.”

Pelosi detailed the need for proper security at events such as the State of the Union, citing comments made by Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen who recognized the “need for the full resources of the Federal Government to be brought to bear” to “ensure the security of these events.”

“The U.S. Secret Service was designated as the lead federal agency responsible for coordinating, planning, exercising, and implementing security for National Special Security Events…” Pelosi wrote. “However, both the U.S. Secret Service and the Department of Homeland Security have not been funded for 26 days now –with critical departments hamstrung by furloughs.”

Despite her suggestion to come to an agreement on a new date, Pelosi did not rescind the president’s invitation. That decision ultimately rests with her, as speaker of the House.

>>> Why on earth would Pelosi want Trump NOT to give a SOTU on the 29th? Her reasoning above did not give a direct answer.

Oh wait. I think I know why : CNN, MSNBC and the other fake news media outlets will have to air it where everyone else will see it.
I guess as liberals, they don't want Trump to explain his position. {<shrug}

The President can make a speech anytime and almost anywhere he wants to. It isn't wise to bring all of the Federal Government together in one place without the highest level of security. Trump's government shutdown has severely compromised security.

The President can make a speech anytime and almost anywhere he wants to. It isn't wise to bring all of the Federal Government together in one place without the highest level of security. Trump's government shutdown has severely compromised security.

<Dany07>

Constitutionally The President “shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient.” Article II, Section 3, Clause 1.

Congress invites POTUS to Congress to give the SOTU address.

But that wasn't always the case. As Nancy pointed out the President fulfilled this obligation in writing before Woodrow Wilson.

Pelosi just disinvited him from giving the address on January 29th. So now he can deliver it via writing or wait until the shutdown ends.

The smart move from Trump would be to deliver it in writing and due away with the SOTU Address as we currently know it.

But is Trump willing to release the Bully Pulpit?

Trump can go on TV from the White House like he did a couple of weeks ago but that will not fulfill his constitutional obligations to Congress

He could deliver the text to congress in writing and then give the televised speech from the Whitehouse.

Back