PEDs in MMA—which side are you on?

Njmma209

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
1. Are you on the side that realizes life, the world, and high level pro sports are not “fair”? The side that realizes and accepts the majority of high level athletes in all pro sports including MMA are using PEDs, more so than not using.

2. Or are you on the naive side, that likes to pretend someday USADA will give us a perfectly “ clean” sport (lol) and the UFC will become a utopia of MMA and natural athletes?

I used to think people on side #2 would just push their narrative to support their favorite fighters who got beat up by people who failed PED tests at some point. But lately I’m starting to think these guys might actually be that naive.

Which side are you on sherbros?

USADA is better than nothing. Not perfect, but better than nothing.

I'd rather MMA not turn into who can find the best "supplements". Yeah, some guys beat the system somewhat by microdosing but it's better than dudes going full Mark Coleman. Especially in a sport where they punch each other's brains into unconsciousness. Better for the sport long term.

3. TS logic: rationalize PED’s in the sport to come to better grips that their favorite fighters popped.

Thanks.

103576.jpg

1. Are you on the side that realizes life, the world, and high level pro sports are not “fair”? The side that realizes and accepts the majority of high level athletes in all pro sports including MMA are using PEDs, more so than not using.

2. Or are you on the naive side, that likes to pretend someday USADA will give us a perfectly “ clean” sport (lol) and the UFC will become a utopia of MMA and natural athletes?

I used to think people on side #2 would just push their narrative to support their favorite fighters who got beat up by people who failed PED tests at some point. But lately I’m starting to think these guys might actually be that naive.

Which side are you on sherbros?

You are on the side 3# Fighter who have taken Steroids in a promotion where PEDs are banned.. and instead of admite cheating, they cry like babys, and used the tainted supplement and dick pills excuse.

1uki1i.jpg

Last edited:
USADA is better than nothing. Not perfect, but better than nothing.

I'd rather MMA not turn into who can find the best "supplements". Yeah, some guys beat the system somewhat by microdosing but it's better than dudes going full Mark Coleman. Especially in a sport where they punch each other's brains into unconsciousness. Better for the sport long term.
I'm glad there's not anyone mark coleman esque in the ufc

yoel-romero-praises-gsp-header-1068x566.jpg

I'm torn. On the one hand I like the ''just bleed'' aspect peds bring to mma. On the other I see the reason it needs to be banned. Considering you're putting peoples lives at risk..

Im 100 pct against PEDS. Its bad for the sport. Guys like vitor and hendo should have retired a good 5 years or more before they did. How can sport grow if the old guys can cheat to stay on top. luke rockhold should have beaten vitor,but he got koed because vitor is clearly cheating amd fighting like a 20 yr old instead of a 40 yr old.

If we allow the younger generation to get beat by cheating old hasbeens then the sport cant grow as it should. Its not fair.

I honestly don't know enough about the various PED's that exist, nor the one's people use, nor their long-term effects. I do know that just because society says something is bad, doesn't necessarily make it so. I think generally, what people do to their bodies is their business. But realize in a paid competition this can be unfairly manipulated. If anyone could actually pro/con PED's with some sort of unbiased take, I'd be interested. But this issue tends to make people emotional so everything I read from you guys on the subject just seems like jaded nonsensical subjective garbage.

Im 100 pct against PEDS. Its bad for the sport. Guys like vitor and hendo should have retired a good 5 years or more before they did. How can sport grow if the old guys can cheat to stay on top. luke rockhold should have beaten vitor,but he got koed because vitor is clearly cheating amd fighting like a 20 yr old instead of a 40 yr old.

If we allow the younger generation to get beat by cheating old hasbeens then the sport cant grow as it should. Its not fair.
This
Fuck cheaters. Removes them from GOAT conversations as far as most are concerned.

getting rid of drug testing, just because it is not perfect, seems like a silly position to take. the key is to make it as good as possible, using a reasonable amount of resources, to discourage as much PED use as we can.

most people who speed don't get caught, but we still implement speed limits...tons of people and corporations cheat on their taxes, but we still have tax codes...we don't see fit to abolish the police force and court system, just because we can't prevent all crime...etc.

any system of monitoring and prohibiting certain behaviours is bound to be flawed to varying degrees with it being near-impossible to be 100% successful...it doesn't mean we should just give up.

I'm all in with USADA.
Fuck the cheaters.
So fuck mma? It wouldn't be where it is today without the cheaters. They not 9nly made for entertaining fights but they didnt pull out constantly

haha trying to project your opinion onto others hard here i see...ts , are you a cheater in life? thats the real question.

Peds are avoidable in sports, as long as these individual sports truly make a stand and commit to pushing for harsher punishments in order to imbalance the risk/reward scenario for taking illegal substances. If these sports arent fighting to get stricter punishment then they are probably beneffiting off of the ped phenomenon or actively colluding with the agencies to allow these cheaters to fight. Therefore those who dont understand that this is how life really works, are truly the naive ones...ahem ts lol

Last edited:
Most fans are naives that dont understand shit.

UFC should get rid of USADA. We all know some people go through their sport career on the juice staying undetected. Superior genes is a real thing but it can only go so far untill someone is 45 years old and looks better than 20 years olds.

Back