Pedro Sauer vs Lance Batchelor controversy?

It was a backyard brawl back in 1994 - its 2020 now, who cares what happened then? It's not like suddenly BJJ has become ineffective and we've all been misled for all these years.
I care since I'm particularly interested in BJJ being used with huge and extreme physical differences, and of course BJJ is very effective and a great equalizer but there are not many cases of a brazilian jiu jitsu black belt facing a bodybuilding champion in a no holds barred fight and this fight is often used by people as the perfect example of skills overcoming strengh and size alongside Royce Gracie's fights in the first UFC events, so I think that it's worth analizying.

If a BJJ practitioner and a bodybuilder start fighting with each other, than yeah it's by definitiona fight

Lol @ losing to a bodybuilder or even coming close. Not a fight. Guaranteed loss for the body builder unless he's trained in some art.

Lol @ losing to a bodybuilder or even coming close. Not a fight. Guaranteed loss for the body builder unless he's trained in some art.
I guess it depends on how big and strong the bodybuilder is and how skilled, small and athletic the BJJ guy is.
Pedro Sauer is a BJJ black belt praised by everyone in the community and he didn't seem to have an easy time, imagine if the same bodybuilder or an even bigger and stronger one faced a 120 lbs grappler.

I guess it depends on how big and strong the bodybuilder is and how skilled, small and athletic the BJJ guy is.
Pedro Sauer is a BJJ black belt praised by everyone in the community and he didn't seem to have an easy time, imagine if the same bodybuilder or an even bigger and stronger one faced a 120 lbs grappler.

American grapplers work harder and are simply better than the revered Brazilian grapplers.

Back