Pedro Sauer Move of the Month

No problem, we'll be posting a new video each month so stay tuned, or subscribe to the youtube channel.

Keep up the good work chinese mafia! haha

Keynote, this actually isn't Brian, although he is in the video. Glad you liked it, September's will be posted next week.

Hey! it's Brian! when is that guy coming back to seattle? Rob asked about him tonight.

good move i would have tried to pull the arm for a triangle and he explained the bait

Sweet Gift Pass.....

I don't think the triangle threat is really that big of a deal on these types of passes.

I use forms of this pass all the time myself. I think the general rule of not going one in, one out should be amended to say don't go one in, one out without good posture. Good posture negates almost every triangle attack.

If you're able to keep your head up in a strong position, you can usually try this pass safely even on triangle wizards. If you are unable to keep your head up, you'll want to either regain a strong posture or just try another pass altogether.

I actually vastly prefer one in, one out stack passes to the more common double underhook stack pass. I am usually able to counter the double underhook stack pass against people with a couple of unconventional techniques, but I don't really have a good answer to the one in, one out versions. Obviously I can go for a triangle, but it's useless against a strong posture.

That was the first thing I learned when I joined Currans gym.

I don't think the triangle threat is really that big of a deal on these types of passes.

I use forms of this pass all the time myself. I think the general rule of not going one in, one out should be amended to say don't go one in, one out without good posture. Good posture negates almost every triangle attack.

If you're able to keep your head up in a strong position, you can usually try this pass safely even on triangle wizards. If you are unable to keep your head up, you'll want to either regain a strong posture or just try another pass altogether.

I actually vastly prefer one in, one out stack passes to the more common double underhook stack pass. I am usually able to counter the double underhook stack pass against people with a couple of unconventional techniques, but I don't really have a good answer to the one in, one out versions. Obviously I can go for a triangle, but it's useless against a strong posture.

The pass itself is not the problem. It's opening the guard like that and trying to transition to that particular pass like that that is a death sentence in my opinion. It's garbage. I've been in a single stack passing position and been successful. That's the not the problem with this. I agree with you Balto that the single stack pass can be used successfully.

Awesome video, cant wait to try tonight. Been working the guard passing big time, I imagine this will help.

Awesome move. I train with one of Pedro's black belts, Anibal Lobo, in Oregon. I gotta try that one tonight!

Back