Pedro Rizzo vs Pat Barry vs Anthoni Hardonk. Who had more powerful leg kicks?

vwcVpk9.gif

Rizzo's leg kicks were brutal in his prime. I never forget his fight with Rodriguez in UFC, those leg kicks sounded like a gun going off

I dunno they all KO people with leg kicks.

After a certain threshold it doesn’t matter who hits harder.

This would be interesting to actually know. If you were to ask Coleman - who got his leg chewed up by Rizzo and who took one low kick from Mirko while in the southpaw stance and then instantly went back to orthodox - I wonder if he would say that he would've preferred taking Rizzo's low kicks to Mirko's or if he would say that there isn't a distinguishable pain level past, "Holy fuck, I don't ever want to get hit with that again!"

I dunno they all KO people with leg kicks.

Its not only about who kicks harder tho.

Legkicks are like 50% timing and 50% technique.

Funny thing is that 95% of UFC fighters cant throw a proper legkick. They are really behind on that.

Rizzo was the most powerful. The fighter from strikeforce/ufc that fractured the most legs and an arm was Cung Le.

Which is crazy considering the success that he had with low kicks. He brutalized poor Sakuraba's lead leg throughout their fight, he made Aleks switch from southpaw to orthodox after only two low kicks and then dropped him to a knee with the third kick, and he fractured Yoshida's femur and for that one he wasn't even using his left leg :eek:
it's the same with his boxing Fedor called him out on it too and his boxing coach let him know after the second bout with Barnett. He might have hurt his foot alot more then he let on after the Kanehara fight when one of his kicks connected with Kanehara's elbow. He liked using his instep as the impact point of his kicks instead of his shin so having his kick get checked isn't something he would have enjoyed.

On a scale of 1-10. How do these former and current UFC fighters rank when it comes to leg kicks. Ranking criteria includes the power of their leg kicks, speed, timing, intelligence and results in their fights.

a.) Jose Aldo
b.) Pat Barry
c.) Cowboy Cerrone
d.) Thiago Alves
e.) Pedro Rizzo
f.) Edson Barboza
g.) Antoni Hardonk
h.) Tarec Saffeidine
i.) Justin Gaethje

Edit: Remember, 5-6 is for the average MMA fighter and maybe 7 for the average MMA striker.
if you dont include Marco Huas...

Rizzo was the most powerful. The fighter from strikeforce/ufc that fractured the most legs and an arm was Cung Le.
look at who Cung fought though it was WWs or guys he already fought in Sanshou not really that impressive. Scott Coker was happy with him padding his record rather it was in MMA or Kickboxing/Sanshou.

People forgot but...

Oleg insisted to have the no legkicks rule when he fought vs Marco Huas @ World Vale Tudo Championsip 2...
And Oleg was a badass...

After a few seconds, Oleg forgot about the rule, threw a legkick, immediately understood his mistake, as Marco responded with a vicious one...

Then Oleg looked at his manager @ ringside... lmao

@ 0mn55

Last edited:
Rizzo killed muscle tissue in Randy's leg...

Arona had some hellish low kicks in his prime too

Rizzo probably though

People sleep on Arona because the rest of his striking was terrible but fuck did he have some crazy power in those kicks.

Even if he isnt the hardest kicker still love the Hardonk reference. The 'American Fedor' beat him however.

Rizzo's leg kicks were brutal in his prime. I never forget his fight with Rodriguez in UFC, those leg kicks sounded like a gun going off

Dude that fight is one of the most depressing fights ever. The fight itself wasn’t great but it wasn’t even so much that. That fight was on the PRELIMS of like UFC 45 or something, back when there were like 10 total fights on a card, shortly after both had fought for the HW title. Rizzo was a few years removed, Ricco had been the champ like earlier that year (if i recall, Ricco lost to Timmy, then Big Nog then Rizzo in same year). Was just sort of sad to see them from headlining shows to prelims.

To be fair, I actually just looked up that card to refresh my memory.

Hughes vs Trigg main
Lindland vs Falaniko Vitale rematch
Tank vs Cabbage
Evan Tanner vs Baroni
Lawler vs Lytle.

Lol that card was amazing.

Rizzo by far ..

He leg kicked harder than a Ford Taurus...

<Dana05>

Back