Pedro Carvalho vs Daniel Weichel Bellator

Good scrap if they book it.

Weichel should win easily imo. Carvalho is not very good.

Weichel should win and I hope he does.

Good rebound fight for Weichel after his incredible war with Sanchez. That first round was incredible.

Carvalho has the same approach as Sanchez (crazy pace, in-your-face kind of style) but Sanchez has way better fight IQ and better tools. Also, Carvalho's chin might not be the same after it was touched by Pitbull.

Weichel should win easily imo. Carvalho is not very good.
I think he is a decent fighter. Has decent technique on the feet and is relatively athletic enough to hang at the higher levels. Just very inexperienced and it showed against Pitbull. He might lose this one against Weichel but I don’t think we should write him off yet. Think he will become a good fighter eventually. His work ethic is good. It is a testament to his will and determination to come from Portugal as an mma fighter and compete at a high level. And he is still only 25.

Very good fight that could main event Bellator Europe somewhere. Weichel probably takes it at this point but will be a good learning lesson for Carvalho either way.

I think he is a decent fighter. Has decent technique on the feet and is relatively athletic enough to hang at the higher levels. Just very inexperienced and it showed against Pitbull. He might lose this one against Weichel but I don’t think we should write him off yet. Think he will become a good fighter eventually. His work ethic is good. It is a testament to his will and determination to come from Portugal as an mma fighter and compete at a high level. And he is still only 25.

You might be right dude, I really think he's shit though lol.

You might be right dude, I really think he's shit though lol.
Yeah I agree I thought he looked like shit against Pitbull too but I went back and watched it and I think there are positives to take from it for Carvalho. But when you have 14 fights and like 3 are against high level fighters and you are facing dudes like Pitbull or Weichel who have 35+ fights you are most likely going to have your flaws exposed. I am Portuguese though so there is a bias here so just ignore me at this point lol <45>

Yeah I agree I thought he looked like shit against Pitbull too but I went back and watched it and I think there are positives to take from it for Carvalho. But when you have 14 fights and like 3 are against high level fighters and you are facing dudes like Pitbull or Weichel who have 35+ fights you are most likely going to have your flaws exposed. I am Portuguese though so there is a bias here so just ignore me at this point lol <45>

Fair enough, it was kind of the ridiculous aspect of the tournament giving the dude a title shot off beating a shot Sam Sicilia. Didn't do anything for either him or Pitbull.

Fair enough, it was kind of the ridiculous aspect of the tournament giving the dude a title shot off beating a shot Sam Sicilia. Didn't do anything for either him or Pitbull.

Are you sure about that? I've seen like 20 threads on sherdog after that fight, most of the guys saying Pitbull would beat Volk as well. Nowadays, you don't need to beat the toughest guys around, just stay active and win against decent opponents and fans will hype you like crazy. This is what I've seen for the last couple of years. I mean look at Holland, he beat a shot Jacare and a couple of randoms and everybody is on his nuts.

It's better to win 5 in a row against decent guys than going 3-2 against top fighters. At least on sherdog it's better, right?

Are you sure about that? I've seen like 20 threads on sherdog after that fight, most of the guys saying Pitbull would beat Volk as well. Nowadays, you don't need to beat the toughest guys around, just stay active and win against decent opponents and fans will hype you like crazy. This is what I've seen for the last couple of years. I mean look at Holland, he beat a shot Jacare and a couple of randoms and everybody is on his nuts.

It's better to win 5 in a row against decent guys than going 3-2 against top fighters. At least on sherdog it's better, right?

For building hype you're probably right. I was thinking more in terms of legacy. It'll look like James Irvin does on Anderson Silva's record imo.

Carvalho just had a bad game plan against a vastly more experienced and powerful counterstriker like Pitbull, but he is an exciting figther and is still young.

Carvalho just had a bad game plan against a vastly more experienced and powerful counterstriker like Pitbull, but he is an exciting figther and is still young.
I agree he showcased his inexperience trying to pressure the fight against an all time great FW like Pitbull. It was a 5 round fight and he fought like he only had 1 round to end it. It was a learning experience and I believe he will be back better. This Weichel fight will also make him a better fighter win or lose. One thing about Portuguese athletes is they are determined and have that winning mentality. To be at this level from a novice mma country like Portugal shows how hard Carvalho has worked. I don’t think he’s come this far to stop now.

I agree he showcased his inexperience trying to pressure the fight against an all time great FW like Pitbull. It was a 5 round fight and he fought like he only had 1 round to end it. It was a learning experience and I believe he will be back better. This Weichel fight will also make him a better fighter win or lose. One thing about Portuguese athletes is they are determined and have that winning mentality. To be at this level from Portugal shows how hard Carvalho has worked.

CR7 is UFC champ after watching an hour of BJJ videos on Youtube, to be fair.

I agree he showcased his inexperience trying to pressure the fight against an all time great FW like Pitbull. It was a 5 round fight and he fought like he only had 1 round to end it. It was a learning experience and I believe he will be back better. This Weichel fight will also make him a better fighter win or lose. One thing about Portuguese athletes is they are determined and have that winning mentality. To be at this level from a novice mma country like Portugal shows how hard Carvalho has worked. I don’t think he’s come this far to stop now.
Yes, he tends to go all-in immediately but against someone like Pitbull that is a horrible idea, you only need one shot from Pitbull to end the fight, which he did. If there is anything for Caevalho to learn from that fight is pacing and distance management, I hope he comes back improved from that experience.

Back