Pedro Bessa / BJJ in Cardiff, UK

Gorilllla

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Hi there. I just wanted to ask if anyone trains in the Welsh Institute of Sport with Pedro Bessa and his guys. I want to start training BJJ and this guy seems to be the most credible in the area.

Anyone training there? Any info you could share with me about his classes?

Thanks.

the best place to train in wales, pedro is a great insructor, all the guys are great, fantastic sparring partners.

monday at 8pm in the wis.

Try posting on the cage warriors forum as its a ul based site and alot of pedro's guys post on there if u dont get a responce in er

Hey guys, thanks for replying. I did a quick search before posting and I saw your name come up, Esputahlo.

How much does it cos per session? Can I just turn up on a Monday and get involved?

i think its 5 or 6 pound, yeh just turn up with your gi, all the guys are very welcoming.

Hey guys, bumping this thread since it answered the initial questions I was going to ask about how good this gym is in terms of members (not so much the tuition, I've heard of Pedro on occasion) and whether there are any specific beginner's classes (checked the website, no mention of that).

An additional question, though; do many females train here?

It's not terribly important, but I'm trying to get my friend to take a class with me and we're both absolute beginners when it comes to BJJ. I think it might make her more comfortable to know other women do do it, and want to do it, too... not just me :icon_lol:

Pedro visits the gym I train at every now and then and has taught a seminar there before. He is a top notch instructor, definitely one of the best in the UK. He is very knowledgeable and approachable. I have met a few of his guys from Wales and they have been a really nice bunch.

One of the things I like most about his style is that anyone could do it. He is a middle weight that teaches stuff that anybody could do, you don't have to be strong, flexible etc.

the classes are usually 20+ in cardiff, sometimes the higher belts will have one section of the mat to drill and spar and pedro will spend a lot of time with the beginners in the class. as for women there are two blues,a purple and a few white belt women who train.

and there is always a vast array of whites,blues,purples,browns on the mats.

Back