Pederneiras: "Bar

Crazy but I just don't see how they can justify that rematch? I mean how? 5 rounds and a finish and they fight again after... Na

the same way they justify all the rematches.

Get it straight for fucking sake UFC's MMA aint a sport.

I seriously can't believe people are defending the fact that they let Barao fight until he was stopped.

Exactly.

Makes it seem like they don't really care about Barao's long term health if they allow a concussed guy to keep taking repeated blows to the head over the course of four subsequent rounds until he gets ko'd.

I'm not one of those guys who thinks every fight needs to be stopped once a guy gets dropped, I hate early stoppages and I'm a big fan of comeback wins in general but Barao was very clearly well beyond that point. Once he stopped listening to instructions and just going back out to take more damage, the fight should've been stopped.

Why would they come out and say this? It can be seen very negatively for them and the sport of MMA.

I'm also wondering this, someone should let Dede know that the information he just shared makes him look fucking terrible. He's basically admitting that Barao could no longer win yet he kept sending him out there to take more punishment anyway. He was getting beaten badly, couldn't take instructions anymore, didn't even know if he was winning or losing a shutout fight... how much more proof did they need?

It's not even like it was a JDS/Velasquez rubber match situation where he'd likely never get another shot at the champ, this was their first fight and Barao's first loss in years. They would've been wise to admit defeat, get a win or two and then start training for the rematch. Instead they let him take the kind of beating that can ruin a career.

Sometimes I have to double check if this is not a golf forum.

I seriously can't believe people are defending the fact that they let Barao fight until he was stopped.

I'm not one of those guys who thinks every fight needs to be stopped once a guy gets dropped, I hate early stoppages and I'm a big fan of comeback wins in general but Barao was very clearly well beyond that point. Once he stopped listening to instructions and just going back out to take more damage, the fight should've been stopped.

I'm also wondering this, someone should let Dede know that the information he just shared makes him look fucking terrible. He's basically admitting that Barao could no longer win yet he kept sending him out there to take more punishment anyway. He was getting beaten badly, couldn't take instructions anymore, didn't even know if he was winning or losing a shutout fight... how much more proof did they need?

It's not even like it was a JDS/Velasquez rubber match situation where he'd likely never get another shot at the champ, this was their first fight and Barao's first loss in years. They would've been wise to admit defeat, get a win or two and then start training for the rematch. Instead they let him take the kind of beating that can ruin a career.

I agree

Bad corner-work

And now they want to get Barao in front of him again ASAP instead of accepting that TJ is no joke and you need to be at the top of your game. Let Barao get his swagger back. Spend some time improving instead of maintaining (an easy trap tyo fall into when winning 30plus fights in a row), get a few wins, then look for a rematch. I think the worst thing they could do is throw him right back in there. And then what if he loses again? How far back does that set his confidence, his next title shot, etc. If after 3 rounds he was being non-responsive then stop the fight. But I am guessing it was more about Barao being a warrior and still trying to win the fight. But if he really thought he might be winning the fight or didn't know what was going on, then once he was blatantly disregarding instruction in the 4th like they claim then they should have stopped it

Anyone who speaks Portuguese and understand a bit of fighting could tell it from in between rounds, no secret about it

Understanding Portuguese aside. You can tell just from that fight that Barao was asking his corner if he was winning or not?

Some skills you got there bro....

Barao was confused the whole fight. He was watching greatness dance around in his face like a butterfly, then came the bee sting.

I agree

Bad corner-work

And now they want to get Barao in front of him again ASAP instead of accepting that TJ is no joke and you need to be at the top of your game. Let Barao get his swagger back. Spend some time improving instead of maintaining (an easy trap tyo fall into when winning 30plus fights in a row), get a few wins, then look for a rematch. I think the worst thing they could do is throw him right back in there. And then what if he loses again? How far back does that set his confidence, his next title shot, etc. If after 3 rounds he was being non-responsive then stop the fight. But I am guessing it was more about Barao being a warrior and still trying to win the fight. But if he really thought he might be winning the fight or didn't know what was going on, then once he was blatantly disregarding instruction in the 4th like they claim then they should have stopped it

Exactly, I said it before the JDS/Cain rubber match too. Why would they want to get Barao fresh off a concussion and brutal stoppage right back in there with Dillashaw? He clearly needs to make some big changes to win that fight at this point. He's a young guy, the last thing they should be thinking is that they need to get him a rematch as soon as possible so that if and when he loses, he's burned as a contender from then on and likely has some additional damage to deal with.

Sometimes I have to double check if this is not a golf forum.

If you really wanted to see Barao continuing going back out while concussed, unable to follow a gameplan, not taking instructions and not even aware of the fact that he was losing a shutout fight only to take more damage then you aren't a fan of the guy (or the sport, for the matter) at all.

And again, the MMA cultutre of never throwing the towel rears its ugly head. Hendo's corner should have probably thrown in the towel after the second as well, I remember him telling them "I just can't fucking defend"

Back