PED abuse easy solution to problem?

Discussion in 'The Lightweights' started by oldschoolmmafan, May 22, 2014.

1. oldschoolmmafan

oldschoolmmafan PEOPLE=SHIT

This seems to be a whole other problem of its own. Steroid and other PED being used by fighters. Ok so it seems to me and probably alot of others the easy solution test fighters test mid camp? It seems like a best way to catch fighters juicing up and cleansing their system before fight time. Maybe its not as simple as that but some feedback would be nice.

2. D.R.H.

D.R.H. If you haven't heard...I'm the best! Staff Member Senior Moderator

Who's going to pay for it?

3. oldschoolmmafan

oldschoolmmafan PEOPLE=SHIT

The UFC, if it is a real issue and they want to make the org legit as possible then why not fit the bill? They should be definately testing fighters mid camp who have previously been caught using PED for starters, imo.

4. D.R.H.

Let me ask you this...what business voluntarily takes on massive business expenses that they don't half to?

5. taedium

taedium The implication

Allow everything

6. Figure it out.

7. wellsdj1

wellsdj1 Red Belt

The UFC have zero interest in spending more money than they have to. Plus do you really think they want fights cancelled, especially their main and co main events costing them PPV buys ?

8. D.R.H.

This guy gets it.

9. NihiSwannn

NihiSwannn Because Karma!

Any business that deems it profitable by increasing their legitimacy

For sure there is a tipping point in play here. If they seem themselves as losing fans out of doubt about PEDs, they can then do the math and see if it 'pays' enough to warrant covering the costs.

I would like to see fighters tested as soon as they enter the UFC, so a baseline is established of their T levels, etcs.. this can then be compared to later tests. If there is a huge difference in the #s at any point, it would suggest PED usage.

10. D.R.H.

None of the other major sports have taken a hit because of peds, why do you seem to think the UFC would hit that point? For the record I'm not against the testing, I just understand why they won't do it unless required by law.

11. Exemplar

Exemplar Fuligin Belt

If it was easy, all professional sports would be PED free. Hell, if the Olympics, with all of its heavy regulations, cannot get it done, you expect privately owned/funded organizations to do so - easily?

12. Lunkee

Lunkee Jävligt snygg!

Wasn't it expensive as gold plated shit?

13. NihiSwannn

NihiSwannn Because Karma!

I'd argue that point with you. Major league baseball was at a peak during the Bonds, Sosa, Macguire (sp?) era. Since then it's become common knowledge they and others were 'using' and attendance numbers have dropped ever since. Maybe one day it will again be assumed most athlete are PED free and the fans will come back, hard to tell..

14. pclanadmin2

pclanadmin2 SFA3 Belt

i don't think people care much about PEDs in combat sports that much. i don't know, i might be wrong.

15. D.R.H.

Yeah, but that also all started smack dab in the middle of the recession. It's hard to think ped accusations that everyone has suspected for decades caused the loss of business and not the fact that people were losing jobs left and right and were broke.

16. The Crocodile

The Crocodile White Belt

I understand what your saying but at the same time I think they have to, when something like steroids or PED's starts to test the authenticity of your organization and the publics views on your organization then its something you need to do.

Yea I guess in hindsight they don't " have to " but at the end of the day this sport is about honor and integrity .. when you mix steroids & PEDs into this sports it kind of dilutes the actual effectiveness of the martial arts that's studied.. your basically saying the martial arts I studied is not enough so I need to juice up to beat my opponent .. I don't know there are a few different ways people can look at this

17. The Crocodile

The Crocodile White Belt

Its actually very disgusting what happen to MLB at that time, the Commissioner Bud Selig knew that Sosa, McGuire & Bonds where on steroids but around that time was also the time that baseball was kind of dying out, so the whole home run contest during the season and all that fun stuff starting reviving MLB and Selig didn't do shit about it then because it was helping him but once baseball took off and gained its popularity again, all of a sudden Selig was going after everyone who was on it to " prove a point " .. guys a major Scumbag