PEB's Motion Simulator thread (for Racing Games and Flight Simulation)

Quick update of my actuator design.

i wish I could just buy something like this for a decent price....just don't have that kinda time...oh and I am lazy AF

i wish I could just buy something like this for a decent price....just don't have that kinda time...oh and I am lazy AF

Ebay evey once and a while have some going with full motion used for around 6 grand or so. You could do something like an SFX 100 ends up around 2400 to 2800 for 4 actuators. Still a bit of money but will last for years. You could buy a precut aluminum extrusion driving platform for around 1000 bucks. You do it over like 3 months it's not much more then then a rtx 3090Ti equipped computer around so for 3800 you are well on your way. I highly recommend a decent 3D printer the community is loaded with highly trained engineers offering free 3D models. FANATEC has the new 550 dollar direct drive wheel that would complement the setup.

Work continues on my SimHub area.

Update on the new garage extension for Simulators am machining.

I need to build a motorcycle motion simulator lol.

My simulator shed coming along going to have a good size CNC in the back.

Simplify3D implemented variable width extrusion *checks release notes* five years ago. Awesome to see the feature coming to free software. I noticed definite improvements with it enabled.

Reactions: PEB
Sim Hub garage expansion update. Walls going up and running a gutter on the side cutting through the cinder blocks and removing the window on the side to create a connection between both garages.

Back