*Pearson a clear favorite against S

Also I'm not posting that pic in an attempt to dispute the statement that the overall number of strikes in the last 2 rounds was about even. I don't have a problem acknowledging that cause I was fairly surprised by the stats myself once I had actually looked at them.

However, the strikes that Kampmann landed were clearly far more effective than the ones Diego landed on Kampmann. So I don't think it's unfair to say that, when quantity is even, quality should win out.

But its not as though Kampmanns strikes were effective and Diegos werent. Kampmann cut Diego up, but Diego was hurting Kampmann as well. So while I agree the stats dont always tell the whole story, they still tell a lot.

He's awesome when the fight hits the mat, but his issue is that he has never been good at actually getting the fight there nor is his striking good enough to carry him through when he can't get a takedown.Yeah, I mean I haven't watched it in a while so I'm probably gonna boot up Fight Pass and do that now, but I just literally cannot see how you could score 2 rounds for Diego...

Hell even a 29-29 draw would have made more sense.

Try skipping round 1 and only watching the 2 in question. Also watch the replays between rounds. There is a flurry Diego throws with Kampmann on the cage, I think in round 2, where you cant really tell if he is landing them all, but they replay it from a different angle where you get a better look at him landing.

I should also mention that Im not trying to say Diego won. I initially scored it 29-28 for Kampmann giving him the first 2 and Diego round 3. Im just saying those rounds were close enough that many people scored them in different ways and it wasnt as bad as people make it out to be. Especially not the all time robbery some make it out to be.

His striking is worlds better than Sanchez. Pearson also has sound TDD, and cardio.

It's the right choice.

Having said that Diego is probably going win due to bat shit craziness.

Diego is pretty crazy, but I don't see him winning it. He's going to walk forward and get countered all night. Then call out higher ranked guys, arguing that he's here to "entertain"

Pearson's very good, I've always liked him, and think that he can pick himself up nicely from the Guillard N/C

wouldn't be surprised if Diego overwhelmed him.

I would have to agree... Diego was able to be competitive at 170 while Pearson was able to make 145. Diego's size advantage might come into play. But like many have pointed out, Sanchez has looked pretty bad as of late.

yeah, I watched it last month on a big MMA binge since I had missed a few events, just felt like diving into a violent world of entertainment. It's not like I watched it yesterday, but I feel as though it is still pretty fresh in my mind. Interestingly enough my little brother (11 years my junior) felt Sanchez easily won the fight simply because he was moving forward so much. This is the same kid who told me Mayweather beat Maidana 11 rounds to 1 lmao. For the record, I've since seen the May/Mai fight, and there's no way in hell Floyd took 11 rounds.

Something worth mentioning about Diego and aggression, when he is charging forward swinging, that is when he usually misses (and is why he gets compared to Leonard Garcia). When Diego lands and does damage is when he finally gets inside (the exception would be in the Melendez fight where he had trouble landing even in close quarters ). So since he isnt landing when moving forward, you wouldnt count that as aggression. So I never really give him anything just for moving forward unless he lands something.

Diego by Sub.

He will not look pretty when he gets it, but he will get it.

I'm not sure what you're asking here. The bookies were right to set Pearson as the favorite, as most bettors believe he will win. The bookies should have set Pearson as even more of a favorite. They started him at -130 but the bettors have put him up to -190.

At even odds, I'd bet on Pearson. He's a solid fighter in his prime, while Diego is in decline. At the current odds, I'd probably still take Pearson. Though I wouldn't say Diego is a bad bet at these odds.

I'll go Pearson by decision.

Yeah I'd definitely say Pearson's the favorite in this one.

His striking is worlds better than Sanchez. Pearson also has sound TDD, and cardio.

It's the right choice.

Having said that Diego is probably going win due to bat shit craziness.

haha... Bat shit craziness, indeed. You called it, unfortunately.

Back