*Pearson a clear favorite against S

I think Sanchez can win a decision with plain ol' insanity and wrestling\cardio.... that said he'll probably stand with him and lose a decision

Diego is predicting a KO for this fight.

Pearson isn't a brawler, very technical. Its going to look like the Martin fight except a little bit crisper.

High altitude, hometown fight, Diego already NLP'd his way to winning.

Pearson will lose a decision.

Diego is one of my favorite fighters. However It seems people have figured him out.. Box and use angles. His TDD's are not what they use to be either.

People have been talking about Pearson's TDD, but he's been kept away from wrestlers his entire career. Denis Siver literally might be the best wrestler he's fought. And he's still often taken down at least once per fight. I like a motivated Diego in this fight.

When was the last time Diego submitted anyone from an actual submission hold?

And rightfully so. Sanchez is going to swing wild punches and Pearson is going to pick him apart.

Betting odds set Pearson as a clear favorite. Is that right? Cause i fon't see him knocking out Diego or making him tap.

Pearson by decision?
Diego by decision?
Diego by RNC?

What do you think?

I mean, based off watching both fighters over their long careers I would have Pearson as a favorite. I wouldn't put him as a clear favorite. Pearson has great hands, I love watching him throw in the pocket because he doesn't clinch he just lets hooks go. Not many guys have worked their hands like Pearson has and it shows. Diego at times has shown decent hands, but he always goes into buck wild mode at some point. Technique to the wind and he is just throwing balls to the wall. He is durable, he is crazy, he is Diego Sanchez and I love him! So I honestly think it has the potential to go to the decision, but I am hoping Pearson catches Diego dashing in while in berserk mode and can finish. Diego has taken so much punishment over his career I am hoping Pearson can get the finish. Would be a huge win for him and get him ever closer to that title contention. I am sure the Brits will be happy as well!

Ross is a smart fighter with good skills and power. However, I'm a little afraid of him getting dragged into Diego's world. I didn't like his performance against Melvin and I think something similar might happen.

Rooting for the Real Deal. Second round TKO.

Pearson would "appear" to have the skill set to beat Diego: he has better striking technique and decent TDD. However, I think his striking style actually gives Diego a good chance in this one. Ross isn't a stick and move type of fighter. He's more of a plodding striker who likes to stand in the pocket. I think this plays into Diego's hands. It will allow Diego to close the distance enough to get the take down and/or turn it into a brawl. With those odds, the smart money is on a Diego decision.

Diego should be 0-5 in his last 5 fights. Every time he go up against someone who can move and strike his in trouble. But then again Pearson never fought the level of fighters Diego has.

Diego is a good under dog to bet on, he might just pull a split dec.

Well you can throw the Kampmann fight out the door as well. Martin got robbed big time. Diego should be on a 5 fight losing streak and his latest win should be from 2010.

So Diego hasn't really won in almost 4 years. He brawls and hopes he can get a lucky KO. If he doesn't, he's done.

Pearson should take this handily, unless Diego gets lucky or the judges are in his favor yet again.
Kampmann fight had 2 swing rounds.

Huge favorite, I would be shocked if he doesnt win.

given the fact that Diego hasn't RIGHTFULLY won a fight in like...6 fights or some crazy shit, I think the odds are fair. He's basically living on in the minds of fans due to one wild shot that landed on Gil... despite the fact that he was dominated the other 90% of the fight.

Crazy how that works.

Back