peanut butter vs almond butter

bhop116

White Belt
Reaction score
which one is better to put in your protien shake?
does either one help u gain weight any more than the other?

Almond oil is better. Peanut oil has proven to be artherogenic. It just sucks because it's a lot more expensive.

I don't think there's a huge difference. But if money's not an issue, go with almond butter. Otherwise penis butter, but not that Skippy trans-crap.

I don't think there's a huge difference. But if money's not an issue, go with almond butter. Otherwise penis butter, but not that Skippy trans-crap.

Just had to quote the penis butter (freudian slip?) remark

I would like to try almond butter but for

Almond butter is better, made from a nut rather than a legume, with more nutrients, etc.

Almonds are generally awesome in flavor, too, from raw to booze to marzipan to the butter.

neither is ideal since both contain large percentages of omega 6 fats, which you probably get plenty of already. somebody should make walnut butter, loads of omega 3s in walnuts.

So I've never actually seen the study that shows peanut butter to be atherogenic, should probly look it up in the other thread, but has it been proven that other forms of nut butters are not atherogenic?

If it is going to be blended anyway, you may consider whole almonds, as they are cheaper than almond butter, while still superior to peanut butter.

If it is going to be blended anyway, you may consider whole almonds, as they are cheaper than almond butter, while still superior to peanut butter.

That's a solid idea there. Plus in my personal opinion raw almonds taste much better than roasted and all the almond butter I've seen is from roasted almonds.

wow now i wanna get me some almond butter

i wonder if the taste is that much different

Back