Peak Johny Hendricks would have destroyed the best moderns Welterweights

He did destroy gsp n made him retire in his prime

I dont think Hendricks offensive wrestling was so unstoppable, particularly by more capable wrestlers than Condit or Magny.
even against Condit he was getting takedowns but couldn't do anything with them just laid in his guard for a little while Condit would hit him a few times and get back up. that fight would have been scored for Condit now.

Hendricks was a beast on his time, his KO power was great but a little bit overrated considering that his last KO was in 2012.

Was quite strange after Kampmann or even half way through the Condit fight he turned into a point/high volume striker. I know he stuffed his hand in a TD against Condit where his finger got caught in the cage so maybe that was it. He never really threw a big power punch after that.

even against Condit he was getting takedowns but couldn't do anything with them just laid in his guard for a little while Condit would hit him a few times and get back up. that fight would have been scored for Condit now.

That fight is a good example of a potential draw. Hendricks won the first. Won legitimately the first half of 2. Then Condit won second half of R2 and the third. It’s funny at 2:30 of the second Condit takes over starts doing more damage on the feet and ground.

There is no proof he was on anything. It was just other fighters suspicions. The same suspicions were raised against Usman. There is just as little proof.

Lance Armstrong never got caught.

Definitely. Hendricks vs GSP is the highest level WW fight ever (considering both opponents).

Hendricks was a 2 time NCAA D1 champ. And I think he finished 2nd and 3rd the other years. He wasn't some middle of the pack all american or 1 time D2 champ. He was a real stand out. He also had the striking/power and mental game.

Prime Hendricks was a monster. He retired prime GSP

No way,Colby has better grappling,cardio,and striking.I'm not saying striking power,but more along the lines of putting combinations together and all around technicality.

Colby does not have better wrestling. And Hendricks would crack that chin brutally

I wanted to be the first to say USADA but I suppose I'l have to be satisfied with being the 292nd person to say USADA.

"USADA"

I give prime 2012-2014 Johnny Hendricks a great chance at beating Woodley, Colby, and Usman. I think Usman is the toughest fight of them all (obviously, he's the champ who beat Colby and Woodley) but anyway Hendricks poses some problems. His wrestling was great enough to negate Usman and it would be a stand-up battle and Johnny has power.

I don't think so. Usman isn't Martin Kampmann.

Uhhhhhh, no.Rigg a former UFC champ and the one to just put it on GSP but he still goes down as " flash in the pan" city.

It is what it is. He had a meteoric rise but his fall was worse.

Johny Henricks at his peak would have wrecked the modern welterweight fighters.
He had better wrestling and better striking than all of them especially in the knockout power department.

If a guy like Masvidal was to have the advantage on the feet Hendricks would have just mixed up the game plan to win like he has in the past against certain opponents, plus Masvidal can be chinny at times.

Usman and Colby wouldn't have been able to outwrestle him and would get knocked out on the feet.

Against Woodley, Hendricks essentially was the better version of him in all areas plus a more diversified attack and way better cardio.

Masvidal has never been KO'd, only TKO'd once by Juicy Damm which you can attribute to his fighting style then. Masvidal only loses decisions because he was tentative. He is one of the best in the game to ever do it.

can not agree on this.... his downfall speaks for its self.

I think he just lost his motivation and discipline.

He always blew up between fights but once he lost the title he didn't have the drive to get back to the top of the mountain and half assed his career after that.

When he was on his run he was fantastic starching Fitch, Koscheck and Kampmann and picking up wins over Condit, Lawler, TJ Grant and gave GSP the toughest fight of his career.

In his prime he was an absolute nightmare for anyone in the division.

I'd absolutely pick him in his prime over Woodley if you look at their performances.

He did including gsp

Then started to lose to everyone everywhere every ruleset

Back