Peak age in K-1 and Glory?

DanMMAleague

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
What is the peak age in K-1 and Glory?

I’m a casual fan so don’t follow closely.

Off hand I can think of Peter Aerts going strong at 40.

I know a lot of Thais drop out in their early 20’s but they start very young.

Some legends like Samart and Saenchai seemed to do ok into their thirties.

The peak would roughly be between 25 and 35 with some exceptions. It's similar in MMA actually.

In Muay Thai it would probably be 16-26 instead with some exceptions.

The peak would roughly be between 25 and 35 with some exceptions. It's similar in MMA actually.

In Muay Thai it would probably be 16-26 instead with some exceptions.
Are you saying it’s all about when you start?

I don’t see why Muay Thai and kickboxing would have different peak ages otherwise, yes they are different but not that much. Apparently clinching is a young mans game.

I don’t see why Muay Thai and kickboxing would have different peak ages otherwise, yes they are different but not that much. Apparently clinching is a young mans game.

Nak Muay´s(native thai fighters) usually starts training-fighting at the age of 7-9 and compete since then.

The most sucessful fighters that get into the big stadiums fight on an insanely stacked weight divisions(especially 135lbs or under), usually hitting the 150-200 fights(or way more) before they turn 20-22

there is a very big difference between kickboxing and muay thai.

for kickboxing, for 70kg or less, i usually see the guys hiting their prime time at 25-29 years old

for HW´s,they usually have their peak at 28-32 years old

Question is too general, depends greatly on style, damage taken, miles on body etc. Low weight class explosive fighters will age much more quickly than a calculated HW technician.

It's not all about when you start, but it does play a massive part on longevity and therefore peak.

As @Mafanofe mentioned, it's very frequent for MT fighters to start professionally at age 7-10 and have more than 100-150 fights by the time they are in their early 20's.

Compare that to most Kickboxers who usually have about 30-60 fights while in their late twenties and you can see how "when you start" and how often you fight has indeed an impact on peak age and longevity.

Back