PC Tactical RPG's

Like others have said, Xcom2 is mandatory for tactical turn based games, imo. Part of the appeal is the enemy being so much more technologically advanced and you're using pea shooters until the tables turn and you feel like saline death machines.

Check out Invisible, Inc. it's by the same people that made the superb Mark of the Ninja stealth game. They basically made a stealth turn based game.

Oh, I forgot, Xenonauts is a really hard-core throwback to the original X-Com games.

The game-play is not as shiny and cynemtic but also not nearly as foreseeable as modern X-Com games where I often think that the timer or some ludicrous enemy reveal is the only thing I have to deal with.

Blackguards is a super turnbased rpg, very underrated.
Temple of Elemental Evil

For Blobber style
Wizardry 8
Lords of Xulima
Might and Magic X

''Silent Storm'', the fact that the environments are fully destructible is glorious.

Since I was banned from Heroes of the Storm last month for flaming newbs and zero-IQ players, I've been exploring single player gaming again.
Banned for flaming newbs and zero-IQ players, huh? What is your rank? If you're not Diamond or above you should have probably just STFU, right?

Also, Into the Breach looks cool. It's a rogue-like tactical RPG.

Alright - Underrail looks like a really cool game and I bought it. Not that expensive.

It is UBER stupid hard. Forget about playing it unless you read the guides first AND you min max your character straight off and decide how you play him. Plus you will need to fight really smart and use every possible trick in every combat. This is on EASY mode. And I can play these sort of games.

Alright - Underrail looks like a really cool game and I bought it. Not that expensive.

It is UBER stupid hard. Forget about playing it unless you read the guides first AND you min max your character straight off and decide how you play him. Plus you will need to fight really smart and use every possible trick in every combat. This is on EASY mode. And I can play these sort of games.
Yeah, that was pretty much my experience, I got to that junkyard place (if I remember right) to find out that my guy was pretty much built wrong and gave up on it.

I have to side with a lot of other poster here. I am not a big fan of the alien aestietic at all, but I get really into it for XCOM. It's just a perfectly crafted game. If you haven't played Enemy Within, start with that. After you beat it, get XCOM 2 vanilla and a few mods for it. After you beat that, get War of the Chosen. If you really do like Turn based tactic games, I can't imagine you would not fall in love with XCOM.

I loved Hard West for the setting. Gameplay wise though it doesn't hold a candle.

Just heard about a new game called Phantom Doctrine. It's getting really good reviews and it seems like its right up your alley. Similar to XCOM, but it's a cold war era spy setting, you're fighting other spies rather than aliens.

Not mentioned, but Divine Divinity 2 is a tactics heavy RPG. Minmaxy, though.

Battletech was fun, but got grindy due to balance problems. Supposedly those have been fixed.

XCOM 2: wotc is good. I was a big fan of the originals, though.

Frozen Synapse is worth a try. Pure tactics, no RPG elements.

I couldn't get into the banner saga.

Banner Sage was cool till you run into battles that your characters can perma die from.. then it turned me off.

Just heard about a new game called Phantom Doctrine. It's getting really good reviews and it seems like its right up your alley. Similar to XCOM, but it's a cold war era spy setting, you're fighting other spies rather than aliens.

That game looks great but....I have too many damn games as it is! Lol

Which leads me to a neglected title that received rave reviews (but real time, not turn based).....Shadow Tactics. I have to play that soon.

Which leads me to a neglected title that received rave reviews (but real time, not turn based).....Shadow Tactics. I have to play that soon.

bought it a few months back. it's great

The reviews for Phantom Doctrine are very very very mediocre...

The reviews for Phantom Doctrine are very very very mediocre...

Seems so but the problems also sound like they could be fixed with some patches. Enemy LOS, bugs, the information board being a little shallow, enemies scoring crazy hits from across the map with pistols, etc. Nothing too terrible but definitely not worth a purchase right now.

Banned for flaming newbs and zero-IQ players, huh? What is your rank? If you're not Diamond or above you should have probably just STFU, right?

Also, Into the Breach looks cool. It's a rogue-like tactical RPG.

It's always the people who are like the lowest ranking wanting to call people trash. I remember in casual game once on LOL this guy was freaking out because me and my cousin were trash. I was like WTF we just started playing are we supposed to be experts already. He was like go play against bots, the bots in the game are fucking laughable.

It's always the people who are like the lowest ranking wanting to call people trash. I remember in casual game once on LOL this guy was freaking out because me and my cousin were trash. I was like WTF we just started playing are we supposed to be experts already. He was like go play against bots, the bots in the game are fucking laughable.
They have large e-peens, but small dicks IRL. Is common.

Jagged Alliance was a great game really miss playing something similar.

Back